Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

Lee Iacocca

Grumpy Old Fart
Reaction score
@LeeIacocca
Nice!
Hey, I have a quick question on the bedcover if it's a HF650M-do you know the actual part number?
Because I ordered the HF650M from Leer directly using the "Find My Truck" list for short bed, no R box, etc., and somehow they sent PN 650137, sez fits 09-18. Did their contact us last week and that guy told me this is wrong one; I need #650299. Trying to get them to send a call tag, as I was their screwup and I shouldn't be on the hook for a large shipping bill, but since then they've gone radio silent, even after 3 attempts to contact. No phone # on the website whatsoever, their customer service sucks!
Truck is supposed to be here in a couple weeks, and i really wanted cover on B4 snow..
As I recall I had that same problem but was told it is the correct one, and it was. Box was picked up by trash man while I was installing it. I will see what I can find out in the morning.

franko

Reaction score
Anyone that picked up their '22 that didn't get all the options they wanted thinking about selling privately and making a few bucks on the sale? Looked up what my truck is worth on KBB but as a 2021 with 900 miles and its $10k more than what I paid for it
I was joking about it a few days ago, but wouldn't actually do it.
Truth be told, the only thing I didnt get that I originally wanted was the power folding mirrors. In the end, this is 99.9 % truck I wanted. Everything about it is tailored to my needs, not something I stumbled across on a lot and settled for.

matemike

Reaction score
But why? I mean, is it because of the history that goes with it? I just don’t understand why they can’t create a Cummins version.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Look at PW payload numbers. they resemble half ton payloads due to the lighter susp.
Add a diesel motor to that and you're in mini truck payload numbers. (ranger, tacoma, dakota)
Diesels are for long dist hauling and exhaust braking. They do not belong in light floaty offroady vehicles. The PW isn't exactly light and floaty, but it is a big boy truck that needs to be as light but strong as possible. Hence why 4.10 gear option only, no 3.73 in PW. but certainly no diesel and I can guess why.

Last edited:

Surf2snow1

Reaction score
Divisions decisions,
I have

Look at PW payload numbers. they resemble half ton payloads due to the lighter susp.
Add a diesel motor to that and you're in mini truck payload numbers. (ranger, tacoma, dakota)
Diesels are for long dist hauling and exhaust braking. They do not belong in light floaty offroady vehicles. The PW isn't exactly light and floaty, but it is a big boy truck that needs to be as light but strong as possible. Hence why 4.10 gear option only, no 3.73 in PW. but certainly no diesel and I can guess why.
The eco diesel is about 500 pounds lighter than the Cummins. It would be an okay replacement. It provides more than enough power to move the PW’s weak towing numbers. It might even weigh less than the 6.4L.

Thebuilderman

Reaction score
So…. Just like last month in Baja, I came home expecting my truck to be built and a build sheet and window sticker in my inbox…. Just like last month, came home to nada! 224 days since order. Today is my updated estimates ship date. I’ll reach out to my dealer today to see if he has any update. At least Cabo was nice. :)
Did you fish? Big tuna season there.
id be calling and writing Stellantis and I’d be doing my best to be cool and failing miserably at doing so. 224days! That’s a wee bit messed up!

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
may not make the changes in 23. hopefully someone can chime in that works for ram and let sus know but last I heard was it was pushed due to shortages and the production issuesay not happen till 25. that's also why I ordered a 22.

Rumor is 23 will get a "refresh" but it won't be the 5th gen cab.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Just been hearing things and they have it for the 1500 already and they say they’re going to do the true 5th gen cab in the HD. You could see stuff about it on YouTube. Also while checking that there’s a 2018 Ram 3500, all badging is hidden and we’re not supposed to know it’s a Ram. This has the ZF 8speed Powerline Transmission with the Cummins. Also I spoke with one of the guys that helped engineer the Allison 9speed tranny for the Ram/Cummins. So that rumore is bound to come through one day.

Lots of unfounded rumors.

5th gen cab is likely not coming until 2025.
There's a 2023 "refresh" that's been suggested by an insider but not the cab.
ZF 8-speed is MUCH more likely than Allison at this point. The Cummins doesn't need all those gears and FCA already has a long and solid relationship with ZF.

Tinbender

Reaction score
69F9DDC7-6099-4829-8558-9E68FB20FBD7.jpeg
Thanks for the support all!! Well optioned Tradesman 2500 Hemi (3C6MR5AJ3NG160217) picked up yesterday. Ordered 8/28, D1 on 11/6, shipped 11/24, arrived at the Petersburg VA rail yard 12/13, and Dealer on 12/16. HDRams has been a terrific source of info and you guys kept me occupied to say the least! What to do with all my free time now?!! Gonna start tire shopping I guess…

CJM

Reaction score
Just been hearing things and they have it for the 1500 already and they say they’re going to do the true 5th gen cab in the HD. You could see stuff about it on YouTube. Also while checking that there’s a 2018 Ram 3500, all badging is hidden and we’re not supposed to know it’s a Ram. This has the ZF 8speed Powerline Transmission with the Cummins. Also I spoke with one of the guys that helped engineer the Allison 9speed tranny for the Ram/Cummins. So that rumore is bound to come through one day.

FYI: not everything you read or see on the internet is true!

Also, hope they never go with a 8 speed or more on the Cummins, will end up shifting too much while towing.
The current 6 speed Aisin works good on the HO but I still like the 5 speed manual in our 99 24V.

dynocompe

Reaction score
Wouldn't it be better if it put the truck in limp mode if the key was out of range or even give a count down till it shuts off?
hell no, these keys are not reliable, got key has left vehicle all the time in my 19, also if key is in your pocket behind cell phone, truck wont read it, the batteries only last a few months too then very weak. i didnt own the truck for two years and had to start it by pushing the key fob on the start button because the truck wouldnt read it at least 50 times

gator6

Reaction score
Alot of the vehicles I work on now do that as a reminder "key fob has left the vehicle" so's you don't leave it behind at gas station, etc. My '17 just has interior chime (like if you got out to hook up trailer) which is way less annoying. But as someone that's had a Customer drive off while I still had key, you can see why-at least they only went a couple miles away..

My wife’s Pacifica will honk like that, but only if you try to lock the keys in the car. We get a chime and notification in the cluster if the keys leave the vehicle, but never a honk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread