Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

Woolfman

Reaction score
may not make the changes in 23. hopefully someone can chime in that works for ram and let sus know but last I heard was it was pushed due to shortages and the production issuesay not happen till 25. that's also why I ordered a 22.
I was on a forum can't remember which. Someone claimed to be a ram engineer or something and he said new cab is planned for 2027.‍

ACEd

Reaction score
Here is the website showing the info.t
Here is the website showing the info.
And i can probably still find half a dozen credible looking sites i found before the 22s came out that said the new HD trans was in the 22s for certain.

As for prototypes and test beds thats what they are - not commitments to production but means of evaluating something which may or may not ever go into production.

iflyskyhigh

Reaction score

gator6

Reaction score
Just been hearing things and they have it for the 1500 already and they say they’re going to do the true 5th gen cab in the HD. You could see stuff about it on YouTube. Also while checking that there’s a 2018 Ram 3500, all badging is hidden and we’re not supposed to know it’s a Ram. This has the ZF 8speed Powerline Transmission with the Cummins. Also I spoke with one of the guys that helped engineer the Allison 9speed tranny for the Ram/Cummins. So that rumore is bound to come through one day.

I can see this happening. I got an 02 Hemi and that was the first year of the “bubble body”, but it only was for the 1500s that year. I know this because trying to order bumpers for that truck was brutal, the vendor didn’t understand there were TWO body styles built that year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hotrodssisco

Reaction score
I thought the point of push button start was so you don't have to take the key out of your pocket.
Alot of the vehicles I work on now do that as a reminder "key fob has left the vehicle" so's you don't leave it behind at gas station, etc. My '17 just has interior chime (like if you got out to hook up trailer) which is way less annoying. But as someone that's had a Customer drive off while I still had key, you can see why-at least they only went a couple miles away..

Woolfman

Reaction score
Alot of the vehicles I work on now do that as a reminder "key fob has left the vehicle" so's you don't leave it behind at gas station, etc. My '17 just has interior chime (like if you got out to hook up trailer) which is way less annoying. But as someone that's had a Customer drive off while I still had key, you can see why-at least they only went a couple miles away..
Wouldn't it be better if it put the truck in limp mode if the key was out of range or even give a count down till it shuts off?

hotrodssisco

Reaction score
Wouldn't it be better if it put the truck in limp mode if the key was out of range or even give a count down till it shuts off?
Probl'y. But who know how manufacturer's engineers think. I don't wanna even get into the different ways there are to leave a vehicle in neutral to push forward to align up to put on lift (I work on primarily euros so it differs alot).

Nashscarport

Reaction score
How often is the build spread sheet updated? My trucks been built but is still showing D1 status.

Ps. Thank you to whoever did this! It’s helped out tremendously

Thebuilderman

Reaction score
Lips are sealed
You know something!!! You have the scoop! I want to know. This conjecture sucks. Thankfully I was smart enough to not hold my breath for FCA to grow a brain or I would have died long ago.
I have read everything, talked to everyone and have watched every video for 2 years! I wish the USA could keep a secret as well as FCA and now Stellantis!
Notice I did not ask you for “The scoop”. Damn!

cmh2007

Reaction score
But why? I mean, is it because of the history that goes with it? I just don’t understand why they can’t create a Cummins version.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It would lose the winch, disconnect swaybar and be very nose heavy. Id wrather my power wagon than my old cummins any day off road.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread