Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

gator6

Reaction score
It won’t. I drive an ‘06 2500 CTD. I test drove a 3500 SRW much better ride then my existing truck. Better turning radius too.

I have an 06 MegaCab with bags, it’s not the most comfortable ride out there, and you can’t get away from those 27 point turns!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BraveSamWise

Reaction score
Picked up my new truck this afternoon! Almost 7 months from order to delivery. Not gonna lie, the 12” screen is a bit overwhelming.… gonna take a lot of getting used to. But the rest, is Awesome! I’ll take some pictures in the daylight tomorrow and post them up.

gator6

Reaction score
If you’re into off roading these sport side by sides are awesome fun.

I love the side-by-sides, I used to go out with about 4-5 friends who had one along with a quad or two when I was stationed in San Diego. We used to spend days out in the desert near I-8.

Thebuilderman

Reaction score
I love the side-by-sides, I used to go out with about 4-5 friends who had one along with a quad or two when I was stationed in San Diego. We used to spend days out in the desert near I-8.

Glamis? I used to quad there all the time. I want to bring my sxs there.

ACEd

Reaction score
Thanks for the report, I'm a wondering what the ride is gonna be like on my 3500 SRW withOUT the air suspension and with the 18s. Not expecting a car like ride when not towing, but it would be nice if it didn't jar my kidneys at every bump.
So far no complaints about ride 2022 3500 SRW Longhorn 18" No Air Susp 60 psi Front, 70 psi rear but only 700 miles part Interstate 80 mph (best tire balance on OE tires I can remember) and part country roads incl 3 mile stretch torn up for resurfacing.
I dont think it is any rougher than my 2015 2500 with 18's at same tire pressures, wife thinks its smoother, but with no load it does seem to notice severe road bumps, but not bad in my opinion.

Grizzly Dave

Reaction score
Man I love the community of this thread, yeah, it might wander off topic now and again, but it's worth it.

Now looking like Saturday to pick up my truck. Trying to get the dealer dudes schedule in line with my misses is problematic, it's her busy time of the year...

No matter, it's on the ground just 20 minutes away....may just have to go visit tomorrow if my schedule allows...

RamRoadWarrior

Reaction score
So far no complaints about ride 2022 3500 SRW Longhorn 18" No Air Susp 60 psi Front, 70 psi rear but only 700 miles part Interstate 80 mph (best tire balance on OE tires I can remember) and part country roads incl 3 mile stretch torn up for resurfacing.
I dont think it is any rougher than my 2015 2500 with 18's at same tire pressures, wife thinks its smoother, but with no load it does seem to notice severe road bumps, but not bad in my opinion.
I just ordered the same truck, probably different options, but I left the 18" wheels. I also do not have the air suspension, thought real long about it but decided against it. I don't have my build sheet yet or I would share with you. Which color of interior did you get? I got the black and tan.

dynocompe

Reaction score
FYI the Night Edition just came out of restriction, the problem with that it can change at any time. I ordered my 2022 DRW Limited NE on Oct 12, still sitting in BX status
i wish Canadians had their own thread, I feel our orders are so different, I dont relate to these American orders at all, getting updates via Ram chat, VINs in a week, etc lol. We see how fast their orders progress and our orders are lost in the wind. I wish I could track my order against other Canadians with same wait times, so we can truly get a feel how long we can expect

mbarber84

Staff member
Reaction score
What was your estimated ship date once you went into D1 ? I’d be curious how close to that date they were

I wish I could answer that but unfortunately I don’t know what my ESD was when the order went D1.
I can tell you that once the truck went KZ I was given a window when the truck would arrive at the dealer and it arrived on the very first day of the window

Truck went KZ on 10/29 and I was given an estimate to the dealer between 11/29 and 12/15. Truck arrived at my dealer on 11/29

VA99

Reaction score
First, I can not explicitly answer your question - but
Since you are talking 18 vs 20 I assume you are talking 3500 SRW
In 2015 I had test driven a Laramie with 18's and the ride on the Limited I bought with 20s was noticeably worse. It made a significant improvement when I switched from the OE 20 in back to 18 in.
In general a 3500 rides more harshly than the 2500 due to suspension differences. I insisted on the 18's on my new Longhorn 3500 SRW and the ride with standard 18 inch is very good - maybe as good or better than my 2015 with the 18 inch wheels - so there has been significant improvement in the 3500 ride.

Would you notice a difference? Probably.

How significant will it be? Probably less so than my 2015 truck.

I would love to hear response from someone with a 3500 SRW with the 20's as to the ride.
Thank you. I was asking about 3500 SRW.

Last edited:

brv10

has the scoop
Reaction score
Picked up my new truck this afternoon! Almost 7 months from order to delivery. Not gonna lie, the 12” screen is a bit overwhelming.… gonna take a lot of getting used to. But the rest, is Awesome! I’ll take some pictures in the daylight tomorrow and post them up.
My dealer has a special team of people that will come to your house and help you with the radio, free if you bought the truck from them.

Last edited:

matemike

Reaction score
YESSSS! Just got the e-mail/letter from customercare@fcagroup

I know it means nothing has changed with my order, but like Lloyd Christmas says in Dumb and Dumber... "So you're telling me there's a chance!!! Ya baby! "

Cummins0867

Reaction score
I’m with you on a large shop, I may build a barn. Go with the full-body paint, it last longer than stickers!
f831c6f645a97faaaa7597a41a292504.jpg

Full Body paint.....very heavy trailer Riverstone Legacy 16K unloaded and 19K loaded....the 2019 3500 HO SRW would do but I was worried about tires....so I ordered the 2022 3500 DRW HO....I cant wait.....yes Full body paint is the only way to go!

Attachments

• IMG_4233.jpg
    IMG_4233.jpg
    356.1 KB · Views: 93
  • IMG_4236.jpg
    IMG_4236.jpg
    200.6 KB · Views: 94

gator6

Reaction score
Full Body paint.....very heavy trailer Riverstone Legacy 16K unloaded and 19K loaded....the 2019 3500 HO SRW would do but I was worried about tires....so I ordered the 2022 3500 DRW HO....I cant wait.....yes Full body paint is the only way to go!

That’s a nice trailer! I’m running around the same weight on this Fuzion 424, so I didn’t even question upgrading to a DRW. I’ve been driving an ‘06 2500 Mega for the past 13 years, but it’s too tall to get under the trailer.

The wife had me looking at used duallies until she sat in a new dodge, now we’re just playing the waiting game with y’all and modifying the toy hauler.
1806d7d11ae24b2ec59d56a1979a77da.jpg

rossagge

Reaction score
How rough is the ride with night edition 20inch wheels compared to 18inch wheels on 3500? Thank you.
My 2019 BH 2500 Night ED 4x4 w/OR Pack rode rough. When I got my 2020 TM 2500 4x4 w/ 18" wheels the difference was very noticeable for me for the better. Now that I'm in my 2022 3500 Longhorn Limited 4x4 w/ALRAS and 18" wheels, the ride is still better than my 19 NE. And i do a lot of HWY driving in all my trucks, so comfort matters. If possible, try to go demo 20" vs 18". Hope that helps.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread