Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

Benitslu

Reaction score
Just got the call from Aaron. Truck just arrived, picking it up today.
Ordered June 26th, I was beginning to lose faith…
I’ll post pics once I have it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IMG_6003.jpg
IMG_6002.jpg
66131455150__DDA2D63E-748E-4FD2-96C7-41114195A470.fullsizerender.jpg
Not the best pics, but here she is. Like others said, MD was great to deal with. Easiest vehicle purchase I have ever made. Told me they sold 400 vehicles last month. They do some business!

mbarber84

Staff member
Reaction score
Can folks comment on their order to delivery timeline for a limited 3500 Cummins?

Dealer is saying 3500s are significantly further out than 2500s, likely 6 months.

125 days from order to delivery for my 3500 DRW Longhorn Level 1 with all the options except a sunroof.

D: 7/29/21
D1: 9/14/21
E: 10/8/21
F: 10/8/21
G: 10/9/21
J: 10/9/21
JS: 10/9/21
KZ: 10/29/22
KZ-M: 11/10/21
KZ-X: 11/29/21

Grizzly Dave

Reaction score
That is now the funniest post. Your wife and mine have the same going for them. But my wife has an excuse for every battle wound her Highlander has. Including a post that jumped in front of her car. Scary.

A post is one thing....now a cement wall.....'but it's just a little scuff on the bumper, that's what they are there for...

Now to try and stay on topic a little bit....I wonder how truck color plays into build order, if at all. And also what percentage each color is of total orders.

matemike

Reaction score
A post is one thing....now a cement wall.....'but it's just a little scuff on the bumper, that's what they are there for...

Now to try and stay on topic a little bit....I wonder how truck color plays into build order, if at all. And also what percentage each color is of total orders.
And night edition
Dealers all over Houston said that night edition was the issue for none of them wanting to take my order.
MD did.
But i still think NE is going to be a delayer more than a quicker upper.

BroGo

Reaction score
125 days from order to delivery for my 3500 DRW Longhorn Level 1 with all the options except a sunroof.

D: 7/29/21
D1: 9/14/21
E: 10/8/21
F: 10/8/21
G: 10/9/21
J: 10/9/21
JS: 10/9/21
KZ: 10/29/22
KZ-M: 11/10/21
KZ-X: 11/29/21

What was your estimated ship date once you went into D1 ? I’d be curious how close to that date they were

WorldYeti

Reaction score
Can folks comment on their order to delivery timeline for a limited 3500 Cummins?

Dealer is saying 3500s are significantly further out than 2500s, likely 6 months

I’m still waiting on the 3500 HO I ordered over six months ago. But I would expect a new order to go quicker now.

VA99

Reaction score
How rough is the ride with night edition 20inch wheels compared to 18inch wheels on 3500? Thank you.

Thebuilderman

Reaction score

gator6

Reaction score
Dude, that is the funniest post in this thread. I could quote you verbatim.
My wife is the same! My wife is an import from the Philippines and I would love to see all 5’2” of her drive my existing Cummins. As scared as I will be. She WON’T be driving the new one even if she wants to. I’d have a heart attack.

Haha, nice, you’re not in the Navy too are you?

I put ALL THE THINGS on my Longhorn and told my wife “now if anything ever happens to me, all of this ‘unnecessary stuff’ will make it easier for you to drive safely with the toy hauler”. Apparently nothing is going to happen to me, but loading out a truck with cameras and sensors sounds good to her.

gator6

Reaction score
Oh yeah, you're not getting rid of me that easy. I need to stick around and make sure all the old timers on this thread get their trucks.

I did a rough measure based on published specs and it should fit, but I'll measure again once it's in the driveway. I need to clear out that garage stall anyway, just full of junk and a few treasures that need new homes.

Building a garage for yours should be right in your line given your screen name.

My dream after I retire is to buy property big enough to build a nice building for a shop, and maybe long enough to park not only my truck, but my still a dream 5th wheel in, with overhead doors on both ends, just pull though.

I’m with you on a large shop, I may build a barn. Go with the full-body paint, it last longer than stickers!
f831c6f645a97faaaa7597a41a292504.jpg

Thebuilderman

Reaction score
Haha, nice, you’re not in the Navy too are you?

I put ALL THE THINGS on my Longhorn and told my wife “now if anything ever happens to me, all of this ‘unnecessary stuff’ will make it easier for you to drive safely with the toy hauler”. Apparently nothing is going to happen to me, but loading out a truck with cameras and sensors sounds good to her.

Smart. If I was pulling my toy hauler and something happened to me my wife would find a ride home.

Never joined the service. Biggest regret in my life. Sure do appreciate those who did.

gator6

Reaction score
My Filipina wife will NOT be driving my truck when it gets in, I don’t care how drunk or tired we are on the road she’s forbidden lol. when she asks why, I remind her of all the parking lot battle wounds her touareg has and then challenge her to find one on ANY of my vehicles.

My wife has had accidents hitting stationary objects with her driver side fender BACKING up! She told me “not my fault, the car didn’t beep at me”.

Like hell I’m not getting something that won’t beep now.

Thebuilderman

Reaction score
I’m with you on a large shop, I may build a barn. Go with the full-body paint, it last longer than stickers!
f831c6f645a97faaaa7597a41a292504.jpg

That is outrageous! I’m soooo jealous. What are the toys that go in it? I hope in a couple more years I’ll have mine.

ACEd

Reaction score
How rough is the ride with night edition 20inch wheels compared to 18inch wheels on 3500? Thank you.
First, I can not explicitly answer your question - but
Since you are talking 18 vs 20 I assume you are talking 3500 SRW
In 2015 I had test driven a Laramie with 18's and the ride on the Limited I bought with 20s was noticeably worse. It made a significant improvement when I switched from the OE 20 in back to 18 in.
In general a 3500 rides more harshly than the 2500 due to suspension differences. I insisted on the 18's on my new Longhorn 3500 SRW and the ride with standard 18 inch is very good - maybe as good or better than my 2015 with the 18 inch wheels - so there has been significant improvement in the 3500 ride.

Would you notice a difference? Probably.

How significant will it be? Probably less so than my 2015 truck.

I would love to hear response from someone with a 3500 SRW with the 20's as to the ride.

gator6

Reaction score
That is outrageous! I’m soooo jealous. What are the toys that go in it? I hope in a couple more years I’ll have mine.

We haven’t chosen those yet, this thing is the reason I get my “60 y/o” retirement truck 20 years early (no offense to those of you 60+ out there).

After not getting promoted, I’m forced to retire at 22 yrs (not bad really), and since we don’t own a home decided to travel for a year. We just lucked out when it came to finding this trailer, bought it last month. Waiting to sell the boat and get truck situated before deciding on toys.

Grizzly Dave

Reaction score
First, I can not explicitly answer your question - but
Since you are talking 18 vs 20 I assume you are talking 3500 SRW
In 2015 I had test driven a Laramie with 18's and the ride on the Limited I bought with 20s was noticeably worse. It made a significant improvement when I switched from the OE 20 in back to 18 in.
In general a 3500 rides more harshly than the 2500 due to suspension differences. I insisted on the 18's on my new Longhorn 3500 SRW and the ride with standard 18 inch is very good - maybe as good or better than my 2015 with the 18 inch wheels - so there has been significant improvement in the 3500 ride.

Would you notice a difference? Probably.

How significant will it be? Probably less so than my 2015 truck.

I would love to hear response from someone with a 3500 SRW with the 20's as to the ride.

Thanks for the report, I'm a wondering what the ride is gonna be like on my 3500 SRW withOUT the air suspension and with the 18s. Not expecting a car like ride when not towing, but it would be nice if it didn't jar my kidneys at every bump.

Thebuilderman

Reaction score
Thanks for the report, I'm a wondering what the ride is gonna be like on my 3500 SRW withOUT the air suspension and with the 18s. Not expecting a car like ride when not towing, but it would be nice if it didn't jar my kidneys at every bump.
It won’t. I drive an ‘06 2500 CTD. I test drove a 3500 SRW much better ride then my existing truck. Better turning radius too.

Thebuilderman

Reaction score
We haven’t chosen those yet, this thing is the reason I get my “60 y/o” retirement truck 20 years early (no offense to those of you 60+ out there).

After not getting promoted, I’m forced to retire at 22 yrs (not bad really), and since we don’t own a home decided to travel for a year. We just lucked out when it came to finding this trailer, bought it last month. Waiting to sell the boat and get truck situated before deciding on toys.

If you’re into off roading these sport side by sides are awesome fun.

Users who are viewing this thread