Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

Scubaz66

Reaction score
For those members who have taken delivery of their new 2500/3500 did the truck come from factory with Bed Rail Caps? Trying to decide if I need to order these along with my Tonneau Cover for extra protection to the bed rails.

mbarber84

Staff member
Reaction score
For those members who have taken delivery of their new 2500/3500 did the truck come from factory with Bed Rail Caps? Trying to decide if I need to order these along with my Tonneau Cover for extra protection to the bed rails.

Mine had them from the factory
b16f64d1eb6e198657b5f1937c6bb9a1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RAM_Dad

Reaction score
My Laramie 3500 SRW has them. Not sure if standard or part of the bed protection package.

huck1974

Reaction score
"Thank you for your recent order of a 2022 RAM! We are excited to welcome you to the RAM family!

We are working to ensure your vehicle is built and delivered to the highest quality, and arrives to you as soon as possible. Once a delivery date has been established for your new Ram HD we will reach back out to you."

I just received this email this morning. Does this mean that I've moved to D1? or is this just a teaser to make me wet my pants :rolleyes: Someone in the know please show ,me the way...
I got that one when it was built and at the vendor. Shipped the next day

Coonhound

Reaction score
Ram through the pads and to the metal at 27k towing every day. Put pads on at 20k now. 230k? Sure
27k? Sure. Maybe you should get a trailer that has brakes too. Sounds like you should be replacing the brakes at every oil change so you don't go metal to metal

Maybe read through your operators manual about proper towing techniques and procedures. These trucks have a tow mode and they also come with this thing called a brake controller. It makes the trailer brakes work. You do know trailers have brakes too, right?

mtbgordon

Reaction score
Picked up the Power Wagon yesterday afternoon. Thank goodness for signed sales agreements. They tried to get another 4k, due to the price increases. After some back and forth and all of my papers they contacted their rep and agreed to the original deal and trade value. Plus they got me a ridiculously low rate on the finance. Already changed the RAM logo to black.
This is weird, the first thing I noticed when walking around the truck was these bolts inside the front fender well. All the other bolts are black but these. It bothered my wife enough that we went to the hardware store and bought black ones . Love the truck!

Attachments

• F242A09A-0112-43AF-90CA-6773BAF5642C.jpeg
    F242A09A-0112-43AF-90CA-6773BAF5642C.jpeg
    466.7 KB · Views: 115
  • A3B2BECD-7567-426B-87D3-7A6FEAC201BA.jpeg
    A3B2BECD-7567-426B-87D3-7A6FEAC201BA.jpeg
    583.5 KB · Views: 115

jambram

Reaction score
@jambram Notice yours and my equipment listing missing, sandwiched between ALLLLLL those orders that have them!! Dang it!!
15655890ffd7549a7652a6bb797a97c5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sorry for the delay in responding, we've been without power from from the storms that rolled through Memphis Friday night. Luckily no damage. Just got power back a little while ago.

I've been closely following the same. Last I checked I was the 7th person on the spreadsheet without a build sheet. They've been knocking one or two of the older orders out a day recently, so I am hoping we get built this coming week. My dealer says she thinks I will have the truck next month.

billybaloo

Reaction score
Picked up the Power Wagon yesterday afternoon. Thank goodness for signed sales agreements. They tried to get another 4k, due to the price increases. After some back and forth and all of my papers they contacted their rep and agreed to the original deal and trade value. Plus they got me a ridiculously low rate on the finance. Already changed the RAM logo to black.
This is weird, the first thing I noticed when walking around the truck was these bolts inside the front fender well. All the other bolts are black but these. It bothered my wife enough that we went to the hardware store and bought black ones . Love the truck!

billybaloo

Reaction score
Dang, I love that color. I was going to go with that, but my Original salesman convinced me it would probably take longer to build. I wish I would have stood my ground.

Cas

Reaction score
I have lane assist in my limited 2500 and can tell you that it is nowhere near as sensitive as the lane assist I had in my 1500. With my 1500 you could take your hands off the wheel on a steep curve and it would keep you in the lane. With the 2500 not so much. In my 1500 if I tried to change lanes without using my signal, my truck would jerk itself back into my original lane. Not with the 2500. Kinda disappointed in the lane keep assist on this one.
There are adjustments in the settings which make the steering wheel pressure higher. I believe I saw that on the videos the dealership sent, but I have not tried it yet yet.

Combra6589

Reaction score
Looks awesome!

The truck I ordered back in July also has the ram boxes and I've been trying to find a good bedcover. Would you recommend the mx4 for the price?
I do like it. Not as leak proof as my lomax but still like it. The ram box instructions look like a 5 yr old wrote them so it took awhile for me to install. I think I got it for $900 shipped .

RAM_Dad

Reaction score
I heard tales of that bolt/screw before I got mine. It’s an immediate attention grabber, I’m replacing mine also.

Do you recall what size it is?

Users who are viewing this thread