Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

RAM_Dad

Reaction score
So did you have the option AVF Tow-Mode Digital RR view Mirror Pkg?
that one includes the digital mirror, the camera in the center stop lamp for rear view (not cargo view) AND the tow mode camera. I'm afraid the tow mode camera wired is option XH7 and does not have the camera in the CHMSL as well.

AVF has it all. the digital rear view mirror, the rear view camera AND the tow mode camera.I got AVF. I haven't seen that option on any of the truck getting equipment lists or window stickers lately. Very likely might be a hold up for me.
It will have the rear view camera in the CHMSL, that’s part of the digital rear view mirror.

I didn’t order AVF, I ordered the safety package and added on the tow mode camera ala-carte

iflyskyhigh

Reaction score
I didn’t think so either, he called me as they were taking it off the truck he said

giphy.gif

tcuweimer

Reaction score
I got my sti
No sir. I saw that. Not sure what the option that three letter code is. But that is part of the safety package or Level 1 equipment group. It is NOT what I mentioned which was the Tow-Mode Digital RR View View Mirror Pkg which is (AVF) . If you did not get AVF on your build sheet I am almost positive you will not have the tow-mode camera. Just the digital rear view mirror and perhaps the camera that goes in the center stop lamp housing. (CMHSL). If you want your digital rear view mirrow to work you will need XH7 which is the tow-more camera. I think you'll have the camera in the CHMSL only.

I know bro, the camera possibilities on these trucks are mind boggling.

AVF has it all, the digital rear iew mirror, the rear view camera (not cargo view camera) AND the tow-mode camera. I have not seen any truck with AVF get equipment lists or stickers lately.

I got my sticker this week with all the cameras for trailer surround and digital rear view mirror.

Apaschke82

Reaction score
Little update after having my truck for a week now…absolutely love it! Even with the stock tires it handles the snow like a champ! We have gotten over a foot and no issues with it and have rarely even had to take it out of two wheel drive. The features are great inside and out. Love the ramboxes, the power deployable running boards, surround view camera, surround sound mode with the 17 speaker system! Only issue I’ve had was it’s kicked my phone off of apple CarPlay a couple times and wouldn’t let me reconnect it.
Also just got my new plow installed yesterday and it moves snow like a champ! I was surprised how much my front end drops when I raise the plow so going to have to do a leveling kit and/or beef up the front suspension some. Although I ended up getting a stainless steel plow instead of the poly on the dealers dime because they messed up and put the wrong one on my truck. Nice little $700 oopsie that I benefited from!

Attachments

• A6A0D3C0-5807-4DFF-9FBD-A4D02957D1EC.jpeg
    A6A0D3C0-5807-4DFF-9FBD-A4D02957D1EC.jpeg
    601.6 KB · Views: 93

matemike

Reaction score
I got my sti

I got my sticker this week with all the cameras for trailer surround and digital rear view mirror.
Looked through your equipment list also and do not see the Tow-Mode Digital RR View Mirror Pkg (AVF). You do have the Digital rear view mirror, the surround view and trailer reverse guidance. But not exactly what I was referring to. Who knows what parts RAM is missing to build each and every truck? (that's rhetorical) (haha this site is so awesome, someone will try to answer it)

@Ickabod has it though. so it must be available at least somewhat.

index.php

Users who are viewing this thread