Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

johnsontoddr

Reaction score
I signed the same document and my price increased approximately $1,000 over the course of the 125 day process from order date to delivery. My dealer honored the original price without me even having to have that discussion with them. If your dealer doesn’t want to play ball, I would go elsewhere or ask to have a meeting with the manager. None of these dealers are in the business to lose money, and I don’t believe for a second my dealer ate the cost increase. There are processes in place to allow them to lock in pricing on a sold order. My opinion: if your dealer is reputable, they’ll do what they need to do to both ensure you’re getting a fair deal, and they are protecting their bottom line as well. It isn’t your fault the order to delivery time took that long and you shouldn’t be penalized for the increase. You put money down and ordered in good faith. They need to carry their end of an agreement. There are a ton of other dealers out there doing what is right.

Just my 2 cents worth!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I brought up the MSRP price increase with Aaron at Mark Dodge as we were arranging to go pick up our truck this week. He responded that they would fight RAM over that increase and told me not to worry: the price we agreed to back when they finally got pricing (not when I ordered, because prices were not out on some options then) and signed updated docs was the price I would pay. The only change was the $500 off True Car discount coupon that I used courtesy of this forum.

Chemesherpa

Reaction score
I’ve been driving mine two weeks. My DPF gauge is functioning, and was reading about 1/4 full, and has been dropping since I’ve been driving it. It now reads empty. Not sure if that is accurate or not. I have a post on this in another topic area of this forum. Not much information so far.

Oh no my def gauge is definitely working, the physical gauge on the left is going but the particulate meter never shows anything and I don't see that it ever goes to regenerate

223500DRW

Reaction score
I signed the same document and my price increased approximately $1,000 over the course of the 125 day process from order date to delivery. My dealer honored the original price without me even having to have that discussion with them. If your dealer doesn’t want to play ball, I would go elsewhere or ask to have a meeting with the manager. None of these dealers are in the business to lose money, and I don’t believe for a second my dealer ate the cost increase. There are processes in place to allow them to lock in pricing on a sold order. My opinion: if your dealer is reputable, they’ll do what they need to do to both ensure you’re getting a fair deal, and they are protecting their bottom line as well. It isn’t your fault the order to delivery time took that long and you shouldn’t be penalized for the increase. You put money down and ordered in good faith. They need to carry their end of an agreement. There are a ton of other dealers out there doing what is right.

Just my 2 cents worth!

I was worried about this as well. I just had to reorder my truck yesterday because I couldn't add the tow tech group on once it came back available. I have had nothing but the best experience with my dealer. salesman called me today and I asked him to be honest and upfront with me and if the price would change at a what we agreed upon when I go to pick up the vehicle. and in his text he said the sales manager wanted me to assure you it will not change and my price we agreed to included the LoJack that they put on every vehicle. so it's a win win for me. if anyone knows anyone in Virginia thinking of ordering pm me for my dealer info. just as good as Mark dodge team I guarantee it.

rossagge

Reaction score
Ordered 10 8 2021 Limited Longhorn. Every option I believe, even sunroof.
Is build and being shipped! 12 8 2021 to Steve White Motors. Paying EP

Already have 52 gallon fuel tank and wheels and tires waiting for it when Arrives.

Trading in 2021 1500 Limited Eco Diesel
Been looking for a set of wheels that will go well with my Pearl WHT/Mountain BRN Longhorn. Those look like they'd go well with it. What brand?

Bigsnowman

Dumb Log Guy
Reaction score
I believe this! Everything with a microphone, cell phone, computer, Ipad, Siri, Alexia, etc all have the capability to record your conversations. The data collected is also linked with software such as FaceBook, Twitter, and other Social Media Outlets. My Brother and I were discussing the possible purchase of a particular item one day and we both had our Cell Phones on us. The next day we both started receiving FaceBook ads for this particular product. The only way to have a private conversation now-a-days is to put your electronic devices down and go somewhere in the middle of the woods.....
In February two of us were driving to West Yellowstone to meet some friends for a week of riding. We got to talking about previous snowmobile trips to Cooke City and the next thing I know is the gps on my phone rerouted us to Cooke City. Gotta love modern technology. WTH

datamm

Reaction score
Been looking for a set of wheels that will go well with my Pearl WHT/Mountain BRN Longhorn. Those look like they'd go well with it. What brand?
I originally ordered these...

GRID
Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on PinterestEmail Page to a Friend

GD07​

Bronze w/Black Lip​

But NOT IN STOCK and NO ETA

Settled for these..

Ultra
Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on PinterestEmail Page to a Friend

BUTCHER 8-LUG​

Bronze w/Black Lip​

Bigsnowman

Dumb Log Guy
Reaction score
Let me preface this with saying that I am just a dumb log guy, but in looking at ODS' awesome build spread sheet, it certainly appears that recently there's been quite a number of gassers and standard outputs built. This leads me to wonder if we aren't fixin' to see a wave of HOs built soon. Plus, I just checked with RamShat and the new Whitey parts have been gathered and should enter the build cue soon. Time will tell, congrats to all who've recently received their new trucks and thank you to all who've assisted with their knowledge and time!

Scubaz66

Reaction score
I know everyone has their preferred colors, but what I don't understand is why Members who live in the PNW seem to really like the Silver color. I find these colors are harder to see during wet weather which the PNW is known. I also wonder about the same members who really enjoy the White colors but also include Snow Plow Group on their trucks. Seems these too would blend into the environment...... Just my Analytical Opinion.... LOL

Grizzly Dave

Reaction score
Wow, got the same Ram Chat lady as yesterday LOL. No change.

I still wonder why my truck is on a train in Nebraska, dang strange route from MX to Denver.

Reaction score
Not sure on yours, but on mine it was all the tech, the HO, 50gal tank, powerful mirrors, night edition, basically every option i picked.

The ones listed on the dealers site, they have the same options as yours? These trucks are built in batches based off options from what I can tell. They are not doing the FIFO method. If that was the case all the may, june and July guys would already have their trucks.

Just my 2 cents worth!

The problem with that is it cost you your deposit if you cancel from them. They are not refunding deposits if you cancel, even though they will make more money when the truck arrives and they sale it to someone else. When I canceled my first order and reordered from someone else I was already a $1,000 down before I started my second truck order with a new dealer

fastfreddy

Reaction score
Is that all city? Interstate? A combination of the two? Pulling a Load? What's the basis of the calculation?
Mixed city and highway. Probably slightly more highway, but not much. No towing, and mostly unloaded, but have moved a few loads of firewood. About 15 miles with the plow on too.

Rampingup

Reaction score
I’ve been driving mine two weeks. My DPF gauge is functioning, and was reading about 1/4 full, and has been dropping since I’ve been driving it. It now reads empty. Not sure if that is accurate or not. I have a post on this in another topic area of this forum. Not much information so far.

You don't want it to go empty. It will put you in limp mode, no bueno. It should have a 5 gallon DEF tank, on my 2020 I get 1000 miles/ gallon def.

hotrodssisco

Reaction score
You don't want it to go empty. It will put you in limp mode, no bueno. It should have a 5 gallon DEF tank, on my 2020 I get 1000 miles/ gallon def.
I think he's talking about the DPF (Diesel Particulate Filter) going to 0, meaning the soot is getting burnt out during regen like it should, not DEF-the fluid in the tank. According to the pic on last page, i guess you can check the theoretical soot load in filter (there's pressure sensors pre & post filter that measure that). But the recall question pertains to something like the EPA granted diesel manufacturers a waiver to sell vehicles with an emissions component missing due to none being available (SCR temp sensor? Or possibly pressure? Something like that). With the plans on installing them at a later date.
And props to Ram for having a DEF gauge!! It's the little things..

223500DRW

Reaction score
I know everyone has their preferred colors, but what I don't understand is why Members who live in the PNW seem to really like the Silver color. I find these colors are harder to see during wet weather which the PNW is known. I also wonder about the same members who really enjoy the White colors but also include Snow Plow Group on their trucks. Seems these too would blend into the environment...... Just my Analytical Opinion.... LOL
with all the rain and dirt we would be washing the car daily. I was stationed in pnw for 11 yrs. I liked the white because it dosent show the dirt a darker vehicle dose. so silver is another good choice like the white blends the road dirt well. could be a reason I k ow rhis is why that's the only 2 colors of any vehicle I like to buy. I jave 2 white vehicles currently sold white f350 and I have a green 7.3 clean under 100k miles excursion. that shows a lot of dirt amd weather road grime. so there is that theory as well.

JoeTal

Reaction score
Anyone got eyes or tracking on the train delivering to Nashville? My last update showed train was supposed to be in Nashville tomorrow at 8am.
Dealer carrier company showed MTUP which I'm assuming they are located at 600 Veritas St Nashville TN. street view you can see all the RAM's on their holding lot.

I'm only a couple hours up in Ky, so hoping by Monday or Tuesday I get my truck.

mbarber84

Staff member
Reaction score

I’m talking about the DPF gauge. Not the DEF gauge.
“Empty” DPF gauge should indicate your emissions system is working properly. An empty DEF gauge will mean you’re about to go to limp mode

Users who are viewing this thread