Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

tolym

Reaction score
Took my truck in to have the steering wheel centered, they found a coolant leak at the water pump while under it, great.

Damn, that sucks on a truck with less then 500 miles. Cummins seems to always have issues with water pumps. They had a recall on 4th gens. My 3rd Gen 5.9 ate pumps like crazy. Had to carry one in the truck with at all times.
I travel a lot on the interstate. Had to replace a water pump on a hotel parking lot more then once.
Hope they take care of you.

Edit: Oops, just remembered yours is a Hemi lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mptolomey

Reaction score
What air pressure do you have in your tires? Mine's the same as yours. But not that great of a ride. But I do still have 60 PSI in the rear tires. Will find out how it rides tomorrow. Hooking up the dump trailer, then 5 loads of Compost for the Garden. So will have around 20K behind it when loaded.
They are high, I need to drop them!

Attachments

• 2583C476-C826-48AB-A4C9-37954C12B77D.jpeg
    2583C476-C826-48AB-A4C9-37954C12B77D.jpeg
    252.7 KB · Views: 85

brv10

has the scoop
Reaction score
Ram specs the wheel at 1.5 degrees to the right for road crown,drives me nuts,would have been an easy fix myself but I decided to take it in for the a toe check also, that was off on the right, I asked them to do Thuren specs. The water pump leaking is one thing, it's the 13 year old tearing apart my new truck that worries me, I made him well aware of my dealer career and state and ASE certs.

Last edited:

Rampingup

Reaction score
Ram specs the wheel at 1.5 degrees to the right for road crown,drives me nuts,would have been an easy fix myself but I decided to take it in for the a toe check also, that was off on the right, I asked them to do Thuren specs. The water pump leaking is one thing, it's the 13 year old tearing apart my new truck that worries me, I made him well aware of dealer career and state and ASE certs.
I understand your trepidation for having a junior high school kid working on the new truck, or an old truck for that matter. Hope the results are short and sweet.

Mptolomey

Reaction score
Finally home, right at 12 hours from Mark Dodge to Tampa. I did make an overnight stop in Biloxi, that broke the drive up. Truck has 866 miles and average 15.4mpg averaging 75mph.

Attachments

• 04D4FF5F-3F19-473D-A260-1A3D8B112978.jpeg
    04D4FF5F-3F19-473D-A260-1A3D8B112978.jpeg
    316 KB · Views: 61
Last edited:

Grizzly Dave

Reaction score
Well I am confused. My truck is on the Union Pacific Railroad, and they do have a route that goes from Saltillo MX to Denver fairly directly. But I just got an update from my dealer that my truck is on a train car in Nebraska? That makes no sense to me.

Here's what the dealer said.....
Update time :)
It looks like the truck is on a rail-car in Nebraska right now.
Hopefully should be here in about a week or 10 days - YAY!!!
I will send a pic once it is on ground

Still, all things considered given when I ordered, I'm happy with that.

I'm gonna have nightmares about it sitting on the rail car on a siding in the middle of Nebraska for a month though....

Last edited:

huck1974

Reaction score
Well I am confused. My truck is on the Union Pacific Railroad, and they do have a route that goes from Saltillo MX to Denver fairly directly. But I just got an update from my dealer that my truck is on a train car in Nebraska? That makes no sense to me.

Here's what the dealer said.....
Update time :)
It looks like the truck is on a rail-car in Nebraska right now.
Hopefully should be here in about a week or 10 days - YAY!!!
I will send a pic once it is on ground

Still, all things considered given when I ordered, I'm happy with that.

I'm gonna have nightmares about it sitting on the rail car on a siding in the middle of Nebraska for a month though....
Mine said Denver on build sheet but It is getting dropped in St Louis. I'm not sure all the zig zags that train makes.

tnpete

Reaction score
Finally home, right at 12 hours from Mark Dodge to Tampa. I did make an overnight stop in Biloxi, that broke the dive up. Truck has 866 miles and average 15.4mpg averaging 75mph.
Mines at 17.3 MPG right now 578 miles on mine. But was only on the interstate 48 miles of the trip home. 4 hours of the drive was 50 MPH, no lights, no stop signs, no traffic. Just set the cruise and ride. But was towing a tow dolly with a Nissan Murano on it. So was not empty. But not enough to even know it was back there.
Also fueled up close to home. Put 46 gallons in the 50 gallon tank. Not sure if the truck has a low fuel light. But it had not come on. Gauge showed 1/8th tank.

Thebuilderman

Reaction score
What’s with you all trying to burst my bubble!? I thought the omnipotent ODS had a crystal ball! Damn! Are you also saying he’s just a regular stellar guy who routinely gives his time to ease our burdens?
Hey Officer Dirty we all owe you. I will go on Amazon and see if they sell magic crystal balls. It may be made in China though. Might not work as advertised. If they come in pairs you could hang them from your hitch.
All kidding aside people like @OfficerDirtySanchez and @brv10 are salt of the earth types. Just making life for others that much better. You guys help restore faith in humanity and I for one applaud you and appreciate your selfless contributions to all of us. I know beyond the shadow of doubt that I speak for most everyone. THANK YOU!

Lamiglas

Reaction score
I am posting this here because it makes sense that only guys from this thread may be able to help. I was vacuuming my 2022 crew cab laramie and knocked this off from under the front passengar seat. I cannot tell what it is or where it goes. Can anyone please look at their truck and let me know? Thanks so much! Its about the size of a nickel for reference.

Attachments

• 20211209_173910.jpg
    20211209_173910.jpg
    212 KB · Views: 98

Thebuilderman

Reaction score
I am posting this here because it makes sense that only guys from this thread may be able to help. I was vacuuming my 2022 crew cab laramie and knocked this off from under the front passengar seat. I cannot tell what it is or where it goes. Can anyone please look at their truck and let me know? Thanks so much! Its about the size of a nickel for reference.
Looks like a wire or cable clip that goes in a door panel or something.

Thebuilderman

Reaction score
Mines at 17.3 MPG right now 578 miles on mine. But was only on the interstate 48 miles of the trip home. 4 hours of the drive was 50 MPH, no lights, no stop signs, no traffic. Just set the cruise and ride. But was towing a tow dolly with a Nissan Murano on it. So was not empty. But not enough to even know it was back there.
Also fueled up close to home. Put 46 gallons in the 50 gallon tank. Not sure if the truck has a low fuel light. But it had not come on. Gauge showed 1/8th tank.
I assume your calculating the mileage with a calculator and gas pump and not going by the onboard computer?
Because 17.3 works for me big time! And you got the dually! Plus it take the Cummins a weee bit to break in and you may even see better mileage. With my current truck the only way I can get that kind of mileage is if I leave it at home.

rauan

Reaction score
I assume your calculating the mileage with a calculator and gas pump and not going by the onboard computer?
Because 17.3 works for me big time! Plus it take the Cummins a weee bit to break in and you may even see better mileage.

I hand calculated on the first refill after full tank and it came back with 17.0 MPG.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

huck1974

Reaction score
Thats part of the cover over the jack and stuff. My 2016 Power Wagon had that part
At least it looks like that

Coonhound

Reaction score
Yep! I wouldn't try going by color handles as they do sometimes change fuel stations to fuel stations. Yes I know there are Laws associated with the types of handles and colors, but then again there are Laws that few follow. Be aware of what fuel you are putting in your new truck. Normally a Diesel nozzle will not fit into a Gas Vehicle however, a Gas Nozzle will fit in a Diesel Vehicle. Put a sticker on the Fuel Cover that says "Diesel Only" as a reminder. You can always take it off once you feel comfortable fueling with the proper fuel.
Reminds me of this time in Utah. I kept hearing all this clunking sound from there other side of the fuel pump. When I finished with my fill, I peered around and saw this young woman determined to make the nozzle fit into her Prius. Rather confused and annoyed she mumbled something to the effect of, "I just don't understand why it won't go in". I explained to her that it's a good thing it didn't because that is the diesel pump.

Users who are viewing this thread