Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

FLRAM

Reaction score
Didnt get an update on shipping ETA

ordered 9/24/21 Mark Dodge LA Limited
VIN: 3C6UR5SL6NG177464

J-J

Reaction score
Didnt get an update on shipping ETA

ordered 9/24/21 Mark Dodge LA Limited
VIN: 3C6UR5SL6NG177464
Really... this is what's bad I ordered 9/8 and have been told I'm in C yet you ordered from Mark dodge and moving right along.

Sent from my SM-F926U using Tapatalk

newmason

Reaction score
What air pressure do you have in your tires? Mine's the same as yours. But not that great of a ride. But I do still have 60 PSI in the rear tires. Will find out how it rides tomorrow. Hooking up the dump trailer, then 5 loads of Compost for the Garden. So will have around 20K behind it when loaded.
50 front 40 rears unloaded

Quadrophenia

Reaction score
You can probably also relate to local for us stealers too?
Ha! You bet! The only dealer of the six I contacted who gave more than a token off msrp has such a reputation for changing quoted prices, there was no way I would deal with them.

tnpete

Reaction score
Really... this is what's bad I ordered 9/8 and have been told I'm in C yet you ordered from Mark dodge and moving right along.

Some dealers are limited to so many order per month. Those say there allowed to order a Dozen, yours hit 13 or above. Then your order would hold until there new orders are allowed.
While Say Mark Dodge has so many more units there allowed to order. That is my thinking why one dealer has more trucks showing up. While some may be 90 days before there truck is even started gathering parts.
Also a lot of dealers get put on the bad list. If so there the ones that are not allowed to have a order started for 90 days.

Most of the above is just me thinking out loud. But I did stay next to a Holiday Inn Express Tuesday night.

mbarber84

Staff member
Reaction score
Some dealers are limited to so many order per month. Those say there allowed to order a Dozen, yours hit 13 or above. Then your order would hold until there new orders are allowed.
While Say Mark Dodge has so many more units there allowed to order. That is my thinking why one dealer has more trucks showing up. While some may be 90 days before there truck is even started gathering parts.
Also a lot of dealers get put on the bad list. If so there the ones that are not allowed to have a order started for 90 days.

Most of the above is just me thinking out loud. But I did stay next to a Holiday Inn Express Tuesday night.

Absolutely agree. Dealer allocation is key.
It’s not some mystical or theoretical thing, it is a real fact and not all dealers are created equal in that regard. There are certainly production aspects that drive order to delivery timelines as well, but I’d say you are always better assured a vehicle when you order from a dealer that has better allocation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scubaz66

Reaction score
Going to be changing out the tires/wheels of my new truck once received. Going with a larger tire. The factory label on the door jam with recommended tire pressures will no longer come into play because I'm also changing tire manufacturer. I always go by the Tire Manufacturer's recommended PSI. The question I have is: "Can I program the TPMS to match the PSI of the new tires so I can tell if these new tires are loosing air? I'm also assuming I can use the stock TPMS's with my new tires/wheels.

J-J

Reaction score

At this point I'm wonder do I cancel my order and order from MD just go get the darn thing! Looking at the sheet there is no reason for mine not to have been built with the group around me.

HowBoutThemGADawgs

Reaction score
Going to be changing out the tires/wheels of my new truck once received. Going with a larger tire. The factory label on the door jam with recommended tire pressures will no longer come into play because I'm also changing tire manufacturer. I always go by the Tire Manufacturer's recommended PSI. The question I have is: "Can I program the TPMS to match the PSI of the new tires so I can tell if these new tires are loosing air? I'm also assuming I can use the stock TPMS's with my new tires/wheels.
You should be able to use stock sensors if you are willing to pay for dismount/remount factory tires to get them out. Sometimes its cheaper to get new sensors. If I'm not mistaken they added an option to '21 and up HD's that allows you to reset the pressure thresholds so that the low tire warning light doesn't stay on but make sure to verify that as I haven't received my 22 yet to be able to check. You may want to order the tool to adjust speedometer to match tire size as well depending on how much larger you are going on tires.

cmh2007

Reaction score
At this point I'm wonder do I cancel my order and order from MD just go get the darn thing! Looking at the sheet there is no reason for mine not to have been built with the group around me.

That is exactly what i did. I'm at 8 weeks and just got my build sheet

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

HowBoutThemGADawgs

Reaction score
You should be able to use stock sensors if you are willing to pay for dismount/remount factory tires to get them out. Sometimes its cheaper to get new sensors. If I'm not mistaken they added an option to '21 and up HD's that allows you to reset the pressure thresholds so that the low tire warning light doesn't stay on but make sure to verify that as I haven't received my 22 yet to be able to check. You may want to order the tool to adjust speedometer to match tire size as well depending on how much larger you are going on tires.
Also keep in mind that if you are keeping your second set as spares or to mount winter tires on etc it would make sense to leave the sensors in your old set. New ones should usually cost less than $200 for all 4 just for reference, this is from Custom Offset website

1639062211376.png

Jtwes

Reaction score
Awesome, another Kernersville truck on here! A heads up on the timeline I’ve experienced from Winston-Salem rail yard to dealer. Truck was suppose to arrive to rail yard 11/27, but was pushed back to 11/30. Arrived on the 30th to rail yard. Dealer had original date of 12/7 at their location, but that date has passed and my truck is still in the rail yard waiting to be picked up along with others.. no ETA from dealer for when it’ll arrive. My optimism says by Saturday, but more than likely next week I’ll be picking it up.
Yeah the told me there biggest problem was just getting it unloaded. Trucking was not the problem.

J-J

Reaction score
That is exactly what i did. I'm at 8 weeks and just got my build sheet

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk
See this is insane.. I like my local dealership they are great people but dang I am in need of my truck now.

owdiss78

Reaction score

This has crossed my mind I’m at 3 months now and not one update and even my dealer has received orders after mine. They can’t get answers, ram chat can’t give me any answers they gave a control number and no answers not even a single email as said I would receive. Frustrating for sure and I can’t even think how bad anyone form may June July and August feel

J-J

Reaction score
This has crossed my mind I’m at 3 months now and not one update and even my dealer has received orders after mine. They can’t get answers, ram chat can’t give me any answers they gave a control number and no answers not even a single email as said I would receive. Frustrating for sure and I can’t even think how bad anyone form may June July and August feel
I'm calling my dealership in a few to see what they can do to find out why mine is in C status from D...

owdiss78

Reaction score
I'm calling my dealership in a few to see what they can do to find out why mine is in C status from D...

I’ve read a few times guys going D to C then go to D1 I will cross my fingers for ya that’s the case

hotrodssisco

Reaction score
I've got 45 psi front and 40 rear in the '17 on 37" tires and never tripped a low pressure light even tho that's way below where it should be stock. Just reads the pressures.

Users who are viewing this thread