Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

Linked4door

Reaction score
makes perfect sense. Glad to hear the crew is big enough. AFAIK the mega cab is mostly more room behind the back seats, with minimal more leg room.
We have a tundra as our work truck and the interior is GIGANTIC. If the crew is even close to that then I'm impressed.

Of course I'll be coming from a 2011 1500 sierra which has the absolute smallest cab ever for a crew cab and no air vents in the back seats. crazy! I think f-150 extended cabs are bigger inside, no joke.
More then just a minimal amount of extra leg room. Its a noticeable amount and the rear seats reclining also asked a big difference IMO. I (5'11" 200lb) can fit comfortably in the back of a Crew cab but for trips longer then 5 hrs I start to wish it was a megacab lol. The megacab seats are also more comfortable. With all that said I went from mega about to crew cab since the bed length was more important then the extra interior room. Especially since the room in the crew cab was still enough for my needs.

beckty85

Reaction score
makes perfect sense. Glad to hear the crew is big enough. AFAIK the mega cab is mostly more room behind the back seats, with minimal more leg room.
We have a tundra as our work truck and the interior is GIGANTIC. If the crew is even close to that then I'm impressed.

Of course I'll be coming from a 2011 1500 sierra which has the absolute smallest cab ever for a crew cab and no air vents in the back seats. crazy! I think f-150 extended cabs are bigger inside, no joke.
Longer wheel base than a ccsb going with the mega as well.

mxram887

Reaction score
More then just a minimal amount of extra leg room. Its a noticeable amount and the rear seats reclining also asked a big difference IMO. I (5'11" 200lb) can fit comfortably in the back of a Crew cab but for trips longer then 5 hrs I start to wish it was a megacab lol. The megacab seats are also more comfortable. With all that said I went from mega about to crew cab since the bed length was more important then the extra interior room. Especially since the room in the crew cab was still enough for my needs.
Yes, reclining feature is nice on the back seats of a Mega, but I won't be riding back there:cool:. My CrewMax was definitely roomier than my Crew in the back seat, but it is not really a night/day difference in my experience.

Mptolomey

Reaction score
Placed my order for a 3500 SRW Limited yesterday and cant wait. Wanted to thank this site for all the awesome information you all put out. I was able to work 11% off MSRP with my local dealer which was a nice surprise and saved me a trip to Louisiana.

Now the waiting game begins. Im just hoping the truck is here by Mayish. Have a boat and this is my tow vehicle for it.
I would have loved to bought mine locally, unfortunately all of my local dealers are “shady” (and that’s being nice) in addition to having a $1,000 dealer fee. They are MSRP+ and have no interest in working with you for anything less.

So, LA, here I come, I pick up my new truck in a couple of hours and between the saving on the truck and the ESC, I saved in excess of 14K over my local stealers.

Shootist

Reaction score
Ugh, been trying to stay off this site due to the stress of my truck not showing a build or sticker. Coming up on my second ship date on Monday. I have a feeling it is going to be pushed back again. I really wanted to have it in by the time I got back from my vacation that starts next week so I could have a few things done to it before I am using it as a daily driver. Ugh, this sucks.

Thank you for everyone posting your trucks. They look nice. I can't wait to have mine in. Cant believe that there are so many people that ordered after me and already have their trucks.
I ordered two days after you with a lower vin and I have been in D1 for over a month and nothing yet, so we are in the same boat. lol

Scubaz66

Reaction score
Arkansas…….

View attachment 27527From where did you get this information? I'm trying to track mine as well. I believe it was shipped from the plant over a week ago and just wanted to know about how far it has actually traveled. I'm trying to schedule a trip 500 Miles home to hopefully be home for Christmas as well as Meet a Court Date 400 miles in another direction 1st week of January......

tchur1

Reaction score
I would have loved to bought mine locally, unfortunately all of my local dealers are “shady” (and that’s being nice) in addition to having a $1,000 dealer fee. They are MSRP+ and have no interest in working with you for anything less.

So, LA, here I come, I pick up my new truck in a couple of hours and between the saving on the truck and the ESC, I saved in excess of 14K over my local stealers.
Ya I hear you. To be honest I was surprised when my local dealer was willing to play ball. I have never worked with them before and just assumed they would want at least MSRP for an order but it only took a couple txts to get them to this number.

I was fully prepared to be flying to LA and driving the 2200 miles back home. Pleasant surprise. I'm jealous you're about to pick yours up. Ive got a long 4-6 months ahead of me.

Last edited:

Quadrophenia

Reaction score
Ugh, been trying to stay off this site due to the stress of my truck not showing a build or sticker. Coming up on my second ship date on Monday. I have a feeling it is going to be pushed back again. I really wanted to have it in by the time I got back from my vacation that starts next week so I could have a few things done to it before I am using it as a daily driver. Ugh, this sucks.

Thank you for everyone posting your trucks. They look nice. I can't wait to have mine in. Cant believe that there are so many people that ordered after me and already have their trucks.
Ordered the same day as you and not built yet. For better or worse, still 40 people before us not built yet. On the other hand, well over 100 after us that are built.

Mptolomey

Reaction score
This post is an example of what you can get out there using my exact build as an example and intended for those just stumbling onto this site (as I did).

MSRP of 2022 3500MC HO with 8yr ESC and $995 dealer fee as charged by my local stealer: $97,019 (tax excluded)
Purchased price from your “friendly” Dodge super store (There are a couple): $82,673 (ALL fees included, tax excluded)

That relates to a 14K savings, 14.8% off of MSRP!!

The info made available on this sight is nothing short of priceless, without it I and many other would have paid a LOT more. In my case I have a 800 mile drive which could be viewed as the only negative. I would gladly do the same again for the savings and getting exactly what I want. The drive home will provide any pre tow beak in along with giving me some truck bonding time in preparation for my trip next week.

Good luck to those behind me and THANK YOU to those who have contributed.

Last edited:

matemike

Reaction score
Found out yesterday my order was offloaded from rail on 12/6. Just waiting on the last mile shipping to dealer.
Congrats. yours is one I've been watching closely since my truck is similar. White instead of red NE, limited, 6.4 Hemi, rambox delete and no sunroof.
but I did not get the Level 1 with lane keep assist, center stop camera, trailer reverse guidance and harmon kardon speaker upgrade package. I did get the 4x4 package with tuned shocks, clearance lamps, and the digital rear view camera system with tow mode camera. otherwise very similar trucks. I ordered only a couple weeks after you, so hopefully I'm not far behind, although yours is one of the record holders from time ordered to time built as far as I can tell.

Last edited:

tnpete

Reaction score
Same, the dealers around here are at or above MSRP for the most part. However, if people are willing to pay it, then I guess I don’t blame them. Capitalism 101.

Mark Dodge was amazing from start to finish. Zero funny business, zero up selling, zero malarkey. Nothing but transparent.
Were you picking your truck up yesterday am? I was there when one like that left.

Porkchopexpress

Reaction score

I got the mega again and I do prefer the mega due to being able to hide the items behind the seats and to me, they look better. The floor boxes are great to keep my normal tools in as well, secured and hidden. I do like the way the crew cab seats fold. I just don't like things in the rear seat of my truck. To me, it looks messy and no one is really ever in my back seat.

I don't know if you are talking about the F150 to a 1500 or 2500. I am driving my son's F-150 extended cab and it is not bigger than the mega 2500. I did have a rental 1500 this year of a RAM and I could not tell much difference between the Ford and the Ram as far as space. But I was coming out of a 2500 and they both seem small to me.

tnpete

Reaction score
Picked up yesterday at Mark Dodge. Another happy customer. Extremely easy and the longest part was moving my stuff out of my trade and into the new truck. New one is the olive green on the right. Left is the trade. Once Sandi told me the truck was in port, they gave me a quote for my trade with no stipulations (mileage or timeline).
That slobber all over your truck. I'm sorry, but man it looked great in person. I was getting my white DRW yesterday am also. So many trucks sitting there waiting to be picked up. Hope your trip went well. My new ride has 555 miles on her now. She's safe at home for the last Hour.

Users who are viewing this thread