Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

Thebuilderman

Reaction score
1000% agree. I had a check list. I'm not an average customer (probably like many of us here in this thread). My closest dealer had nothing on the lot and I, as well as they, knew it. Yet, they still let me test drive a HD truck to check size in my garage and whatnot. I wanted to work with them. But when I came back from test drive I found the scanned copies of my license and insurance sitting on the lobby coffee table for anyone around to look at/take. On top of that nonsense, they appraised my trade in, and took 5 days, 4 phone calls to give me a trade in value. !?! Not professional. I calmed down over a day or two then inquired about building and ordering through them and they got me back in there with all kinds of positive vibes. After another half day spent there they took my order, but said their allotment is so low that chrysler motor group probably won't "pick it up" from them until early 2022. This was back in September BTW. So Again, they wasted my time.

My second closest dealer, who I also wanted to work with, found three trucks within a 150 mile radius that filled all my check boxes. But they wanted a +$5,000 market adjustment to get the truck shipped to them to then sell it to me. When I declined that option and said "well I'll just go to that dealer in person, where is it?" they basically told me they won't disclose that info and said to go find it myself. They were clearly not willing to help me, only wanting to help themselves. I found those 3 trucks via VINs within a couple hours after getting back home and they had all already been sold anyway.

So I here I am, another custom order from MD waiting in line. Gonna be perfect!
Why are so many like that?
Long ago 1990 to be exact a friend got a new Dodge Cummins and comes to my house to rub it in. Ended up going for a quick drive up the street, well we may have over shot the street, we were excited and didn’t get home for 1200 miles. About a week later I went to my local dealer and told him what I want and that I will get an awesome deal and get the truck. Same thing as you and a bunch of flat out lies and an hour later he tells me $22,500 but it was a ‘91 truck similar to what I wanted. But by then I had a bad taste and didn’t like the guy so shopped it around. Found out a friends dad owned a dealership and got it for $19,500 and literally a phone call and 10 minutes of paperwork. Also learned from his dad to negotiate the warranty and pay cost for it as most will do.
I like to change my oil after 600 miles so I went back to the local places service department and did my thing and went to the waiting room to wait and the same slimeball was at a table with 2 people who were waiting for him to hose them.
I’m cool, I just walk past to do my thing and he stops me and tells me in front of his customers that I BSed him and didn’t get my truck from him! I looked at him, laughed and told him after he lied to me and then tried to hose me on price I wanted to shop and saved $3000. I didn’t BS him, he BSed me. His customers looked at him then me and stood up and left.

Porkchopexpress

Reaction score
Ugh, been trying to stay off this site due to the stress of my truck not showing a build or sticker. Coming up on my second ship date on Monday. I have a feeling it is going to be pushed back again. I really wanted to have it in by the time I got back from my vacation that starts next week so I could have a few things done to it before I am using it as a daily driver. Ugh, this sucks.

Thank you for everyone posting your trucks. They look nice. I can't wait to have mine in. Cant believe that there are so many people that ordered after me and already have their trucks.

mlink

Reaction score
It’s obviously a part shortage. Not only does a redesign not make logical sense, but the ‘20 and ‘21 had full coverage.
Maybe RAM needed to ship & get the money so they could save up and provide that missing $.10 plastic shield… Ha ha.

owdiss78

Reaction score
Ugh, been trying to stay off this site due to the stress of my truck not showing a build or sticker. Coming up on my second ship date on Monday. I have a feeling it is going to be pushed back again. I really wanted to have it in by the time I got back from my vacation that starts next week so I could have a few things done to it before I am using it as a daily driver. Ugh, this sucks.

Thank you for everyone posting your trucks. They look nice. I can't wait to have mine in. Cant believe that there are so many people that ordered after me and already have their trucks.

I know the feeling and your a month before me but at least you D1 I’m not even moving at all

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

matemike

Reaction score
Being a month in I just used ramchat for the first time. The agent said they don't use the status codes anymore. She could only tell me that I'm in the scheduling phase. So no new or surprising news today.

Thomfeldt11

Reaction score
Today Ram Chat says my truck is in transit to the dealer. I asked if this meant it was loaded on a truck from the rail yard however, he said he was unable to see that information. It has been sitting at the rail yard in IL for about a week so I am hoping this means I am getting closer to receiving it. This is the first time they have said it is in transit to the dealer so fingers crossed my 2022 3500 SRW Laramie shows up at the dealer anytime!

mxram887

Reaction score
Things changed and I needed the truck sooner than I was expecting. I also wanted to get a Crew Cab instead of the Mega Cab I ordered. Mark Dodge had a Laramie 2500 in stock with MSRP of $75k. Settled on $71k. They moved my deposit over to this deal and had no issues with it. Said it happens all the time. Signed all paperwork online. Flew to Houston Friday and Shelton met me at the airport. Put 1100 miles on it driving back to Albuquerque.

Pricing wasn't bad for an in stock unit. Dealerships here in Albuquerque and surrounding area have some Laramie's in stock/transit and already have a $10k markup to $85k. Shelton, Aaron, and Dale were all great to work with at Mark Dodge. My first Ram and I love it.

matemike

Reaction score
Things changed and I needed the truck sooner than I was expecting. I also wanted to get a Crew Cab instead of the Mega Cab I ordered. Mark Dodge had a Laramie 2500 in stock with MSRP of $75k. Settled on $71k. They moved my deposit over to this deal and had no issues with it. Said it happens all the time. Signed all paperwork online. Flew to Houston Friday and Shelton met me at the airport. Put 1100 miles on it driving back to Albuquerque.

Pricing wasn't bad for an in stock unit. Dealerships here in Albuquerque and surrounding area have some Laramie's in stock/transit and already have a $10k markup to $85k. Shelton, Aaron, and Dale were all great to work with at Mark Dodge. My first Ram and I love it.
Good on you man. Glad it worked out for you.
May I ask. What was the reasoning for a mega cab at one point, but then not?

mxram887

Reaction score
Good on you man. Glad it worked out for you.
May I ask. What was the reasoning for a mega cab at one point, but then not?
I wanted the Mega for extra room inside because I had thought the Crew was not as big (coming from a Tundra CrewMax). I was able to compare the Mega and the Crew side by side recently in person, and the Crew cab was not as small as I had in my mind. It is plenty of room and I get the benefit of more payload going to the Crew as well.

ouchMonkey

Reaction score
Had my first bad experience with Ram Chat today. I asked if they could tell if my truck was en route from the railyard to the dealer and I was told that the truck hadnt even shipped yet. I let them know that was contradictary to what I was told last week and yesterday and he basically said, "huh, anything else I can do for you?" Useless. I was polite nonetheless but feel a bit underwhelmed with the experience.

Mptolomey

Reaction score
Sitting at the airport on my way to pick up this bad boy!!! I have a feeling the pictures don’t do it Justice…

Attachments

• 2A88B06A-7081-4044-9A45-EDFEAB6EB563.jpeg
    2A88B06A-7081-4044-9A45-EDFEAB6EB563.jpeg
    760.6 KB · Views: 108
  • E27A3549-1912-4B5B-AC81-29C08EC98EFB.jpeg
    E27A3549-1912-4B5B-AC81-29C08EC98EFB.jpeg
    557.5 KB · Views: 105
  • EE0D6107-9759-468A-BF7D-42A9BFF5377E.jpeg
    EE0D6107-9759-468A-BF7D-42A9BFF5377E.jpeg
    479.7 KB · Views: 100
  • 0EAB4264-37C2-4618-805E-BC341F9988AC.jpeg
    0EAB4264-37C2-4618-805E-BC341F9988AC.jpeg
    409.3 KB · Views: 105
  • FE858E77-F245-403D-B684-599DC27B9F77.jpeg
    FE858E77-F245-403D-B684-599DC27B9F77.jpeg
    438.4 KB · Views: 106
Last edited:

matemike

Reaction score
I wanted the Mega for extra room inside because I had thought the Crew was not as big (coming from a Tundra CrewMax). I was able to compare the Mega and the Crew side by side recently in person, and the Crew cab was not as small as I had in my mind. It is plenty of room and I get the benefit of more payload going to the Crew as well.
makes perfect sense. Glad to hear the crew is big enough. AFAIK the mega cab is mostly more room behind the back seats, with minimal more leg room.
We have a tundra as our work truck and the interior is GIGANTIC. If the crew is even close to that then I'm impressed.

Of course I'll be coming from a 2011 1500 sierra which has the absolute smallest cab ever for a crew cab and no air vents in the back seats. crazy! I think f-150 extended cabs are bigger inside, no joke.

tchur1

Reaction score
Placed my order for a 3500 SRW Limited yesterday and cant wait. Wanted to thank this site for all the awesome information you all put out. I was able to work 11% off MSRP with my local dealer which was a nice surprise and saved me a trip to Louisiana.

Now the waiting game begins. Im just hoping the truck is here by Mayish. Have a boat and this is my tow vehicle for it.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-12-08 at 9.58.37 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-12-08 at 9.58.37 AM.png
    3.2 MB · Views: 63

Users who are viewing this thread