Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

Jtwes

Reaction score
My truck was built this week and went to storage. I assume for bed liner and 5th wheel. My dealer now tells me I'm im KZLD which is in transit delay, any insiders that can clarify a little more on whats going on with this.
3C63RRJL5NG141608 ordered 8/10/21
Mine from what Brv10 and I can tell got built with 5th wheel prep, spray in bed liner and put on a train car all in one day.

Mbz diesel

Reaction score
Was just told its in “paint status”.
Any hope it moves quickly from here? Was told I’m in D1 2 days ago.
Doesn’t it take like 2 hours to build these trucks on a line? I don’t understand why there is framing, and paint phases?

Scubaz66

Reaction score
Same, just the payload. I didn’t want diesel, but wanted to have the payload for a 10-12k trailer/5er.

10k 5er could easily be 2200-2500 lbs of PIN weight. I don’t plan on towing anything over 12k. I’ve also heard that the leafs feel a bit more solid when towing. Figured for the slight price difference, might as well get a 3500.

Ride is certainly stiff, but not nearly as bad as I was expecting. I haven’t even dropped the tire pressure yet, it’s still at 90 PSI.
Gotcha! an extra 1120 lbs in Payload but the Towing is about the same with only an additional 30 lbs. When I did my configuration I forgot to change the axle ratio to 4:10 on the 3500 so the towing capacity was reduced to 14,640 lbs . I thought I had compared apples to apples, but apparently I didn't.

rauan

Reaction score
Which of these are for trailer camera to view from rear view mirror?
1c69ae495777040882cf5b2150c1d7a6.jpg

ab3f587e99e26efb6a610cd462864c64.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lary0071

Reaction score
If the plan is used for diagnostics that voids the 100% money back. Do you know if they prorate if you get rid of the truck before the warranty ends?
You can cancel your Mopar Vehicle Protection Plan, a product of FCA US LLC, if you are the original purchaser. If your cancellation request is received within 60 days of the purchase date and you have no claims against the contract, you can get a full refund.

If you cancel your Mopar Vehicle Protection Plan after 60 days, your refund will be based on the cost you paid for the Plan less a pro-rata adjustment for time or mileage used, whichever is greater, and less an administrative fee of up to $75, depending on the state of residence. The pro-rata adjustment for NEW plans is ascertained from the cancellation date and current mileage in relation to the in-service date/zero miles and the contract years/miles. The pro-rata adjustment for USED plans is determined from the cancellation date and current mileage in relation to the contract purchase date/miles and the total contract years/miles.

2022 Patriot Blue 3500 Dually Limited Longhorn 6.7L with 4.11 gears.

mbarber84

Staff member
Reaction score
Did you sign a POC when you ordered the truck? If so they should honor the ordered price.

Agreed. My dealer honored the price that was on then original POC. We didn’t even have to discuss price protection. My POC MSRP was $90,470 and my window sticker MSRP at the time of delivery was $91,375.

mbarber84

Staff member
Reaction score
Just got off the phone with Aaron at MD. He said anyone using the Penfed/truecar, if you have an idea of when your truck will be at the dealer Submit for your code a few days in advance that way it is in the system when they input it for you discount. He said it takes 2-3 days for it to show on their end.

I’m curious as to how they’re using the Penfed discount. My dealer wouldn’t even discuss incentives. They said Ram discontinued all incentives as of early November. They made up the difference in dealer coupons which was nice, but there was no changing their mind.

DougB

Reaction score
I’m going to get the extended warranty through RAM not the dealership 8 years 125,000 miles bumper to bumper. After the 3 years 36,000 miles it’s $100 deductible. Total cost is just a little over $4,600 pay over 25 months no interest.
Here are the provisions of the various plans offered from Mopar so you can read and understand the “fine print.” Pick the plan you're interested in. There’s a separate diesel max care listed but only one money back guarantee plan.

Last edited:

mbarber84

Staff member
Reaction score
Need some insight from you guys. With being 49 days in the shipping stage and no indication on where my truck is, do I find one on a lot somewhere or wait it out? It’s great seeing everyone get there trucks, but sucks seeing people who ordered months after getting it first

Wait it out man. It’s worth it. No matter how miserable it is, there’s nothing like having it exactly the way you want. Trust me!

DougB

Reaction score
I’m curious as to how they’re using the Penfed discount. My dealer wouldn’t even discuss incentives. They said Ram discontinued all incentives as of early November. They made up the difference in dealer coupons which was nice, but there was no changing their mind.

I gave Aaron the code, he entered it, and it was there. Penfed is thru TrueCar. Mine was Perkspot but also thru TrueCar. See my earlier post about the TrueCar direct link now being good thru Dec-31. No affiliations needed like Penfed, or Perkspot in my case.

mbarber84

Staff member
Reaction score
Which of these are for trailer camera to view from rear view mirror?
1c69ae495777040882cf5b2150c1d7a6.jpg

ab3f587e99e26efb6a610cd462864c64.jpg

The receptacle to the left of your license plate bracket is used for the “tow mode” digital rearview mirror. The one to the right, above the 7 pin trailer plug is the 12 pin camera socket used for both auxiliary cameras and the trailer surround view camera system.

Last edited:

mbarber84

Staff member
Reaction score
I gave Aaron the code, he entered it, and it was there. Penfed is thru TrueCar. Mine was Perkspot but also thru TrueCar. See my earlier post about the TrueCar direct link now being good thru Dec-31. No affiliations needed like Penfed, or Perkspot in my case.

Too late for me now but thanks for the information, I appreciate it! They didn’t seem to want to discuss it and were very much convinced they couldn’t be accepted. Thankfully they were gracious enough to give me dealer coupons to offset the lack of incentives.

ACEd

Reaction score
Do you know if you can buy just the divider?
Should be able to buy a divider if you can find part number or may be in Accessories Catalog - I have a 2021 Accessories Catalog at home but I am on the road = maybe someone can post a link to 2022 (or even 2021) Ram HD Accessories Catalog

Users who are viewing this thread