Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

Woolfman

Reaction score
I got the same answer from Chrysler and Stallantis reps through Houston area dealers.
It has to do with the Laramie ECM not being able to talk the tech language to the NE power mirrors. Longhorn and Limited ECM's can talk the language. In the before times, when silicon chips were readily available they simply used the components needed to work the mirrors in the Laramie's as well. But now things are allotted specifically and there's no more swapping chips and ECM brains around.
The rep in my area said it is the power fold mirror motors that they can't get enough of. So they save them for the limited models.

Scubaz66

Reaction score
I remember discussing the Farm Bureau discount with Sandi when she brought up the military discount back on 11/12 when I ordered. I’m still active and was looking forward to another $1k off.
Do you live in LA or just purchased your truck through Mark's. I think the only Military left in the state is an Army Base. I was Stationed at England AFB up in Alexandria before it was closed.

BcMac23

Reaction score
It took mine 61 days from departing Mexico to Baltimore then a 2 Hour drive to dealership in West Virginia.
Did they give you a delivery window that far out? Mine keeps getting pushed around latest is 11/30 - 12/08, waiting to hear back from my dealer if they will honor the truecar $500 as it expires today

Grizzly Dave

Reaction score
Chose not to fight it and checked RamChat just now...

Thank you for waiting! I can see your order has been released from the factory and was approved for shipping. Shipping arrangements have not been completed yet but it should be leaving soon! There is no ETA listed at this time.

So I guess it's KZ something.

Window sticker hasn't popped yet....but likely will soon.

Cool, was finally able to look up payload and towing numbers by my vin
MAX PAYLOAD
3879.53LBS
MAX TOWING
17079.53LBS

Last edited:

Coonhound

Reaction score
Chose not to fight it and checked RamChat just now...

Thank you for waiting! I can see your order has been released from the factory and was approved for shipping. Shipping arrangements have not been completed yet but it should be leaving soon! There is no ETA listed at this time.

So I guess it's KZ something.

Window sticker hasn't popped yet....but likely will soon.

Cool, was finally able to look up payload and towing numbers by my vin
MAX PAYLOAD
3879.53LBS
MAX TOWING
17079.53LBS
Mine finally just became available so maybe yours is too

gator6

Reaction score
Do you live in LA or just purchased your truck through Mark's. I think the only Military left in the state is an Army Base. I was Stationed at England AFB up in Alexandria before it was closed.
I purchased through MD, currently stationed in Jacksonville. I know the Army base you’re talking about, Fort Polk, every Soldier I’d talk to while on joint duty would cringe when Polk would come up in conversation…lol.

My wife has family in Alexandria, we’ll most likely visit them when we accept delivery. I grew up 2 hours east near Lufkin, TX before joining the Navy almost 22 years ago.

Porkchopexpress

Reaction score
What’s everyone’s experience here with ceramic coatings and ppf?

This is my first time spending an absurd amount on a vehicle and I want to keep it looking new as long as I can. I’m afraid I’m going to pick up some rock chips on the 1200 mile trip home from the dealer.
I personally would not do a DYI ceramic coating. Find a good detailer and work on them with the price. If it's a good coating it is on there for a very long time. There is no room for mistakes on a high-quality ceramic coating. It's not like a wax job where you can just use dawn and take off all the wax coating.

You do need to clean, clay bar and paint correct your truck prior to adding the coating. It's worth it to me to have someone else do it. It is a lot of work to do on this size of a truck vs a car. With a high-quality coating, you should be able to just spay the truck and dry it and it will look new for years.

This coating doesn't protect from scratches, dings, and rock strikes. But if you use a company that has a good warranty, they will paint correct it for you, and apply the coating again.

I personally will use a car wash because I use my truck as a work truck and have to get the mud off a lot. The coating helps a lot with this IMHO.

I can't remember the name of the product or the company, but if you look around you can get a treatment for your truck's underside to protect it against salt. If you live in a state that gets a lot of snow, I would recommend looking for this yearly treatment. There is a reason that Northern states like Southern states used cars and trucks. Salts will rust out of your truck quicker than salt.

sconym

Reaction score
The rep in my area said it is the power fold mirror motors that they can't get enough of. So they save them for the limited models.
Well that sucks... My Laramie is probably waiting for these to be gathered up...

tnpete

Reaction score
Think I found my truck. All the way west north side. 4th double row north side. White crew cab DRW without Sun Roof or bed liner. Thats the only DRW without bL and SR I can see. But then again it may be loaded up and heading to the junk yard.

Cummins0867

Reaction score
I got the email/letter from Ram Trucks Information Center early this afternoon....I always receive them from Cara....never Jeff......looks like it will arrive right before Christmas....MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

Hello Xxxxxx,

This is a courtesy email update regarding your all-new Ram 3500 factory order status.

Good News! We have been provided an estimated delivery to dealer window of 12/13/2021 - 12/20/2021. Please keep in mind, this timing is estimated and can be subject to change.

As promised, we are continuing to prioritize your order with our logistics resources to ensure your order remains prioritized for next steps.

I will continue to monitor your order with our logistics resources teams. Once additional updates become available for your order, I will be reaching out further to you to share these updates. Your authorized ordering dealership will be an additional excellent resource for any order updates or questions you might have.

I will continue to follow your order and provide details as they become available. Thank you for your loyalty and we’re proud to have you as a member of the Ram Truck Family!

Sincerely,

Cara
Ram Truck Information Center

jambram

Reaction score
I got the same answer from Chrysler and Stallantis reps through Houston area dealers.
It has to do with the Laramie ECM not being able to talk the tech language to the NE power mirrors. Longhorn and Limited ECM's can talk the language. In the before times, when silicon chips were readily available they simply used the components needed to work the mirrors in the Laramie's as well. But now things are allotted specifically and there's no more swapping chips and ECM brains around.
That doesn't make sense, because there are plenty of Laramie Night Editions that have been built.

DougB

Reaction score
Think I found my truck. All the way west north side. 4th double row north side. White crew cab DRW without Sun Roof or bed liner. Thats the only DRW without bL and SR I can see. But then again it may be loaded up and heading to the junk yard.
Looks like they stage and load on east side. Anything more than halfway across the lot gets forgotten.

Sandi told me today that her manager recently put in a hot request on some trucks but who knows whose truck was on that list. I would hope it'd be those trucks stuck over on the west side.

All I get is a standard message. All the parts for your cloud are being gathered and once sequenced your build will start. I see the clouds moving for others but my cloud is apparently still in the D stage or dream stage.
Di-hydrogen oxide shortage. Your cloud order has been delayed indefinitely.

Ionicbrick

Reaction score
Love all this tracking and info sharing in this community. Can I assume that I just watch what I can, check the fca search for a build sheet every day or possibly MD will even e-mail me when I exit D status? And at that time I simply pass the info on to OfficerDirtySanchez.

Just a few questions:
What time of day are updates coming. Is it a 24/7 flow of automated information? Or is it a once a day thing? Twice a day?

The tracking sheet is incredible! But let's try to get an idea from anyone in the know; it currently has 665 trucks with full VIN's. That's only how many people made personal orders AND provided their info for the sake of tracking. I know dealers must be making large quantity orders and those trucks too are getting VIN's. So let's try to not count those either although they are in sequence just as much as any truck. But how many personal orders are there in comparison to the stock orders? AND, could anyone guess how many personal orders are not being shared on the spread sheet? I imagine there have to be more than 665 personal orders since April when the sheet starts. It's a great tool to get ideas on how much Stallantis is getting done and moving down the line and at what pace. But what are the percentages. Is the sheet only showing 10% or personal orders. Or more like 50%.
I know I still need to update it with my info… ugh.

Users who are viewing this thread