Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

Bigsnowman

Dumb Log Guy
Reaction score
I had the true car, first responder, and a small business one but my dealer didn’t accept any of them becuase they told me Ram discontinued all incentives as of November, however they did give me retail dealer coupons to make up for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
@mbarber84 I had those same three cards in my hand. Mighty nice of FCA to pull that rug from under us. Now hopefully MD will show some grace.

mbarber84

Staff member
Reaction score
@mbarber84 I had those same three cards in my hand. Mighty nice of FCA to pull that rug from under us. Now hopefully MD will show some grace.

I agree. I was grateful that my dealer, on their own, threw in the coupons to offset the loss from the removal of the incentives as well as honored the original POC price without me having to discuss price protection with them. They’ve taken great care of me and I appreciate that.

From everything that I have read in this thread regarding MD, I would say you have nothing to worry about. They seem like a great place to buy from and my guess is they will definitely work with you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scubaz66

Reaction score
Can't even get a Military Discount from them even though the military protects for their freedom? I'm retired Air Force after 20+ years and just about anywhere I go offers 10% discount on their products. I think they did at one time offer a $500 discount if you were within a year of receiving a DD Form 214. I received my DD 214 over 20+ years ago..... LOL

rossagge

Reaction score
Me four!! I got an email today and now have my window sticker.

So does that mean that is has shipped? I thought I read that once the build sheet popped up it was ready for shipping, and that once the Window sticker popped up it was shipped?
No, once you get a window sticker it's gone through inspections and ready to be shipped. Check my signature for a timeline. Yours could be less or greater.

Apaschke82

Reaction score
Can't even get a Military Discount from them even though the military protects for their freedom? I'm retired Air Force after 20+ years and just about anywhere I go offers 10% discount on their products. I think they did at one time offer a $500 discount if you were within a year of receiving a DD Form 214. I received my DD 214 over 20+ years ago..... LOL
My salesman said I can get the military discount. But that was a week or so ago when I asked about the penfed discount which doesn’t combine with the military anyways. Maybe my dealership will hook me up with a coupon or two. Even if not they are honoring my original invoice price which is nice to not have to haggle over that. Truck will be there possibly later today! Selling old truck Thursday so hoping I can pick her up after that!!! Sooo excited!

ACEd

Reaction score
If that's true, it would confirm people's dreaded hunches that their trucks are buried back in the corner of a lot and all but forgotten about. Some people wait weeks while their truck is just sitting somewhere waiting for transport. Pretty crappy.
Unfortunate - But if you think about it, with 5 trucks serving Louisiana (assuming 1. that is correct, and 2. other rail depots / ports are similarly limited as to moving trucks to dealers), you have to figure they are doing their best to move the MOST trucks, rather than trying to maintain First In First Out, particularly when you have a large quantity of trucks going to a single location like Mark Dodge.

On the other hand if you have trucks going East or North, you might have to optimize the load to destination.

Scubaz66

Reaction score
Unfortunate - But if you think about it, with 5 trucks serving Louisiana (assuming 1. that is correct, and 2. other rail depots / ports are similarly limited as to moving trucks to dealers), you have to figure they are doing their best to move the MOST trucks, rather than trying to maintain First In First Out, particularly when you have a large quantity of trucks going to a single location like Mark Dodge.

On the other hand if you have trucks going East or North, you might have to optimize the load to destination.
You are correct! Drivers have to optimize their load based on weight lest they pay a fine at weigh stations. Remember! These are very large and heavy units so probably only 5-6 units on a 10 car hauler. Trust me! No Driver cares to haul these 3500's because of size and weight as it cuts into their profit. This relates to the driver making $5-$6 dollars per mile or $10 per mile based on the number of units they have on their rig. If you ordered a 3500, be patient because I doubt they are moving fast....... Good Luck to all who have units awaiting transport from a Rail Yard. I know these drivers barely make a living and are charged for every little ding along the way even if its a small rock chip. I ordered a 2500, but if I'm at the dealership when it arrives I'll tip the carrier $100 bill.

rossagge

Reaction score
It doesn’t let me zoom very close for the live view…. Maybe I am missing something.
No, they won't allow that. Then you can creep on people. I believe it refreshes every 30mins for the zoomed in view.

tnpete

Reaction score

If you look up the shipping info on these trucks. It shows "port Allen LA carrier HATA" Zoom in on the port here. Port Allen Theres a giant car delivery company onsite.

Hansen & Adkins Auto Transport Not a small owner operator.​

gator6

Reaction score
Looking at Ram’s site, it now says 2021 for the discounts:

Good to know, maybe MD will do the same…maybe corporate lifts this bs by the time my truck comes in. Who knows, it is pretty crappy to go order a vic thinking you’re going to get $1k off only for the business to tell you “no” when your ride arrives.

XIKJACK

Reaction score
18421EBE-2068-4C53-9BAE-A2EDCEFD5318.jpegMy salesman sent me a text my truck is still in Baltimore Port no movement WTF

gator6

Reaction score
I remember discussing the Farm Bureau discount with Sandi when she brought up the military discount back on 11/12 when I ordered. I’m still active and was looking forward to another $1k off.

Users who are viewing this thread