Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

psprag

Reaction score
Initial report 3500 Longhorn Level 1, Standard 18 inch tires, TowTech, TowMode Camera/Digital Mirror, Rambox, Deployable Bed Step

Overall, I really like the truck - it drives well and has significantly better acceleration than my 2015

1. Tire Pressures randomly high - reset to 60 Frt, 70 Back - rides good unloaded (not noticeably worse than 2015 2500)
2. Def tank at 5/8 - will have to fill that
3. Fuel tank full - thanks to Bergeron CDJR
4. 7+12 pin connector right of License Plate - nothing in bed - have to figure where to put connector with Rambox - no big flat space and no MOPAR splitter cable available
5. 2 in trailer hitch adapter in storage behind rear seat along with TTPMS sensors and extra wires (for IP Mounted switches?)
6. NO 4 pin trailer connector, NO 7 pin to 4 pin adapter like came in my 2015 (Cheap and I rescued the one from my 2500 so no big deal)
7. FAKRA Coax TowMode Camera Connector left of License Plate - nothing in bed - have to figure how to deal with gooseneck trailer
8. Deployable Bed Step is barely usable - High Spring Tension and tab on left does not stick out far enough to actuate with foot - the MOPAR step on my 2015 was vastly superior.
9. Digital Rearview Mirror is a pain for me. In theory it is good and for you younger folks without progressive bifocals it should be great, but in digital mode, when I look at it I see double.
10. 12 inch Touchscreen takes some getting used to - way too many bells and whistles for an old guy like me - liked my old 8.4 inch with knobs better.
11. Backup camera seems to be less precise than the one in my previous 2015 2500 Limited - green lines do not match truck - may be able to recalibrate?
12. Power Wide Angle mirrors is nice, but Left wide angle mirror does not seem to adjust out far enough - will have to get used to that if I cant fix.

My biggest bitch is the lack of connectors in the bed for a gooseneck trailer connection and the lack of a dedicated space to install the connectors if you have the Rambox. There is a space in the non-Rambox trucks, and, with TowTech, you get connectors there - EXCEPT for the FAKRA Tow Mode Camera. In my case, I have no connectors in the bed. But even a non-Rambox truck with the 7/12 pin connector in the box wall has no FAKRA connector for the Tow Mode Camera - in my mind that is a MAJOR OVERSIGHT.

I guess my second biggest bitch is the $395 Deployable Bed Step. The one I had on my 2015 was rectangular and much wider left to right and the edges stuck out under the back of bumper for easy foot deployment. Spring tension was lower but more than adequate and it was easy to deploy and retract with foot. The new version is significantly smaller and rounded to nest under bumper with only a small tab sticking out to left close under bumper - too close for my big feet to get a purchase on it to deploy it - must reach down and hand deploy. Yes the old step was cosmetically more noticeable, but it was also much more functional - pardon my pun, but this is a MAJOR STEP BACKWARDS.

The Digital Mirror issue is unfortunate, but I have to admit my eyes are a significant factor. However, if they had just put the Tow Mode Camera and Digital Rear View Mirror in the 12 inch display, or at allow you to switch the display there, it would have been vastly better in my opinion.

All in all minor complaints, but I would have expected better on an $85k truck.View attachment 26703View attachment 26704View attachment 26705View attachment 26706View attachment 26707
I had the same complaint about the bed step. But I have found that if you face backwards and operate it with your left foot it is pretty easy.

dkwagner

Reaction score
Congrats! Hope mine gets built soon. Had a ship date of 11/24, but never had a build date. I’m hoping things are just wonky with RAM’s internal info systems and that mine is actually built and shipped even tho it still shows D. :)
May be good news here for you. My May order still shows "D" but is actually KZT since 11-23 which means it is ON the train for about 8 more days, then trucked in to Mississippi. Yours could be on the way too. Hang in there.

dkwagner

Reaction score
While updating my PDI Checklist I remembered to add "Check with dealer to ensure you have all sets of keys". It's been almost 20 years since I purchased a new vehicle. (Yes I tend to take care of them). My question is: With the new Key Fobs, Key Less Entry and Push Button Starting Systems how many Key Fobs come with the New Truck?
2 and guard it with your life. They ain't cheap.

22BHmega

Reaction score
May be good news here for you. My May order still shows "D" but is actually KZT since 11-23 which means it is ON the train for about 8 more days, then trucked in to Mississippi. Yours could be on the way too. Hang in there.
how'd you find that out? your dealer? I have a ship 01/02/22 date as well but still shows D.

dkwagner

Reaction score
how'd you find that out? your dealer? I have a ship 01/02/22 date as well but still shows D.
RamChat. I guess they felt sorry for me since I ordered in May or either they are tired of me bugging them. I got an email from Stellantis info center with the update.

brv10

has the scoop
Reaction score
Initial report 3500 Longhorn Level 1, Standard 18 inch tires, TowTech, TowMode Camera/Digital Mirror, Rambox, Deployable Bed Step

Overall, I really like the truck - it drives well and has significantly better acceleration than my 2015

1. Tire Pressures randomly high - reset to 60 Frt, 70 Back - rides good unloaded (not noticeably worse than 2015 2500)
4. 7+12 pin connector right of License Plate - nothing in bed - have to figure where to put connector with Rambox - no big flat space and no MOPAR splitter cable available
5. 2 in trailer hitch adapter in storage behind rear seat along with TTPMS sensors and extra wires (for IP Mounted switches?)
6. NO 4 pin trailer connector, NO 7 pin to 4 pin adapter like came in my 2015 (Cheap and I rescued the one from my 2500 so no big deal)
7. FAKRA Coax TowMode Camera Connector left of License Plate - nothing in bed - have to figure how to deal with gooseneck trailer
8. Deployable Bed Step is barely usable - High Spring Tension and tab on left does not stick out far enough to actuate with foot - the MOPAR step on my 2015 was vastly superior.
9. Digital Rearview Mirror is a pain for me. In theory it is good and for you younger folks without progressive bifocals it should be great, but in digital mode, when I look at it I see double.
10. 12 inch Touchscreen takes some getting used to - way too many bells and whistles for an old guy like me - liked my old 8.4 inch with knobs better.
11. Backup camera seems to be less precise than the one in my previous 2015 2500 Limited - green lines do not match truck - may be able to recalibrate?
12. Power Wide Angle mirrors is nice, but Left wide angle mirror does not seem to adjust out far enough - will have to get used to that if I cant fix.

My biggest bitch is the lack of connectors in the bed for a gooseneck trailer connection and the lack of a dedicated space to install the connectors if you have the Rambox. There is a space in the non-Rambox trucks, and, with TowTech, you get connectors there - EXCEPT for the FAKRA Tow Mode Camera. In my case, I have no connectors in the bed. But even a non-Rambox truck with the 7/12 pin connector in the box wall has no FAKRA connector for the Tow Mode Camera - in my mind that is a MAJOR OVERSIGHT.

I guess my second biggest bitch is the $395 Deployable Bed Step. The one I had on my 2015 was rectangular and much wider left to right and the edges stuck out under the back of bumper for easy foot deployment. Spring tension was lower but more than adequate and it was easy to deploy and retract with foot. The new version is significantly smaller and rounded to nest under bumper with only a small tab sticking out to left close under bumper - too close for my big feet to get a purchase on it to deploy it - must reach down and hand deploy. Yes the old step was cosmetically more noticeable, but it was also much more functional - pardon my pun, but this is a MAJOR STEP BACKWARDS.

The Digital Mirror issue is unfortunate, but I have to admit my eyes are a significant factor. However, if they had just put the Tow Mode Camera and Digital Rear View Mirror in the 12 inch display, or at allow you to switch the display there, it would have been vastly better in my opinion.

All in all minor complaints, but I would have expected better on an $85k truck.View attachment 26703View attachment 26704View attachment 26705View attachment 26706View attachment 26707
The digital camera is a pain, at least they can be turned off when not needed, when we hook up the 12 pin camera connector it shows up on the radio,my tires are at 60 F&R, the step is not too bed if deployed backwards like mentioned

brv10

has the scoop
Reaction score
How do I get to Ram Crap? I never tried it but want to see if I went to D1 as I ordered 10/15 and it’s been 6 weeks.
I would like to be able to search this stuff up on my own.
When I do put my Vin in FCA community force or the mopar site it says no records found.
My vin is 3C63R3RL1NG189916
Still D.

tnpete

Reaction score
The digital camera is a pain, at least they can be turned off when not needed, when we hook up the 12 pin camera connector it shows up on the radio,my tires are at 60 F&R, the step is not too bed if deployed backwards like mentioned
But with your snow tires. The ride should be smooth. You know all that perfectly smooth snow, never any big holes. I have that feeling, mine is going to make it to the dealer. Tomorrow or Tuesday for sure. Not sure if its this week or next. But sure its going to be a Monday or Tuesday.

Last edited:

MegaStro

Reaction score

All in all minor complaints, but I would have expected better on an $85k tr
Not sure about the 12 pin connector but I had a MOPAR 7-way installed in my RAMBOX in the location circled in red. I love my RAMBOX's and could not imagine not having them anymore. They are way convenient for a lot of things.

Attachments

• 7 Way Location.jpg
    7 Way Location.jpg
    468.8 KB · Views: 57

Bruno Diesel

Reaction score
Nitto 35x11.50/20 are on mx4 BakFlip bedcover on , bed step , bug guard, exhaust tip,and western plow mount is installed . Lift will be done this week then ceramic coating next week.

Attachments

• 8AB140A8-6D3B-4295-B44E-864DADD18AED.jpeg
    8AB140A8-6D3B-4295-B44E-864DADD18AED.jpeg
    848.4 KB · Views: 144
  • F0AA1AE1-FF88-40B7-BFFA-B3D336A042FB.jpeg
    F0AA1AE1-FF88-40B7-BFFA-B3D336A042FB.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 145
  • D6D9EB72-81A3-4412-A29E-F3429F9CE68A.jpeg
    D6D9EB72-81A3-4412-A29E-F3429F9CE68A.jpeg
    741.8 KB · Views: 143
  • FC6A9FF6-FE10-44D7-9C36-F1D4BC569100.jpeg
    FC6A9FF6-FE10-44D7-9C36-F1D4BC569100.jpeg
    782.9 KB · Views: 141
  • 16CB3343-F6B2-4DCA-8D23-FAAC6396FFD5.jpeg
    16CB3343-F6B2-4DCA-8D23-FAAC6396FFD5.jpeg
    690.7 KB · Views: 142

dkwagner

Reaction score
Nitto 35x11.50/20 are on mx4 BakFlip bedcover on , bed step , bug guard, exhaust tip,and western plow mount is installed . Lift will be done this week then ceramic coating next week.
Looks sharp!! Any issues with tire scrub with the 35's and stock suspension?

Reaction score
how did ya find out that it was KZT? Mine has been showing JS since the 24th, really have no itea what the means other than you can compare it to a black hole in space

Oneskeemer

Reaction score
Hopefully, mine made it to Kansas City, MO today, or tomorrow, via the railroad.
Then to the dealership via car hauler this week ??????????????.
Really getting excited, as I wasn't expecting till Jan of 22. (Per dealer.)
Info provided by our favorite insider, who, "has the scoop" @brv10!!
NG116809
3500 Laramie CC SRW gas (semi loaded tech)
Ordered 6-25-21

Last edited:

rockman88

Reaction score
For those Members who are requesting a copy of my "Vehicle Check List" please understand this is a checklist for my personal purchase so it may not have all the items you need to check when picking up your new unit. This list is not all inclusive and I'm still working on it as we speak, so If you see something I may need to add please tell me about it. Remember! We as humans all think differently and have different requirements or what may be important to one person may not be important to another.

Please send.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
For those Members who are requesting a copy of my "Vehicle Check List" please understand this is a checklist for my personal purchase so it may not have all the items you need to check when picking up your new unit. This list is not all inclusive and I'm still working on it as we speak, so If you see something I may need to add please tell me about it. Remember! We as humans all think differently and have different requirements or what may be important to one person may not be important to another.
List please, thanks for making it

tolym

Reaction score

Users who are viewing this thread