Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

brv10

has the scoop
Reaction score
WOW! Well, he must be selling volume for hold back profits. I know that I had to "work" to get my affiliate discount. Dealers around here were not doing them. My cousin works for FCA, he said his employee pricing was 3% under invoice. It may vary based on vehicle. I know the margins on trucks is good to begin with. As I said, I didn't want to seem like a dick but that fellow above put the proof in the pudding! Spoke with my dealer yesterday and he said those discounts were insane and it would never happen in our market. He again stated they would loose money on that deal. I suppose if you are an FCA employee it works out. I did find out that dealers do not have to even offer FCA employee discounts. Its all up to the selling dealer franchise. Nice work gents...
Correct it's up to the dealer, I got EP + another 1k off.

franko

Reaction score
Ordered mine on 11/23, 2500 BIG HORN MEGA CAB 4X4 Night Edition, plus a few other options. I have a VON but no VIN yet, still a bit early. For those who are curious I got 5% under invoice up here in PA.
Where in PA? I thought I contacted just about every single dealership in the state and the best I could do was $500 below invoice.

iflyskyhigh

Reaction score
This 2022 will be my 7th Ram. I work them hard but don't abuse them. It's been my experience that you don't start having problems til 180k + miles. The one exception was a water pump at 92k on my 2015, which was covered by factory warranty.

My wife and I just listened to a radio show about all these extended warranties being a fine line between total scam and barely legal. They make it sound like you can cancel anytime but then purposefully make it extremely difficult so most people give up. It's never paid out for me.

I don’t know. I have a Honda Odyssey that has been a complete POS. The extended warranty more than paid for itself. Several times over. We some BIG problems that were covered. No questions asked, no issue what so ever. In fact I had one on another Honda and used the crap out of that warranty too. I’ll never buy another Honda but that a discussion for another thread.

We purchased 2021 Hyundai Palisade Calligraphy this past spring. Bought the 10 year bumper to bumper platinum warranty with a $0 deductible. Plus they sold to me for a little less than $2k so it was a no brainer.

There is just way to much to go wrong with this modern vehicles.

If they’ll sell me the ram one at cost I’ll probably get that one too. Again just way to many gizmos and gadgets to break.

That being said I didn’t buy one on 2011 F150 FX4 Ecoboost cause I was broke as hell at the time. And it hasn’t bit me in the butt yet.(getting ready to trade it in on the ram). I’ve so little go wrong with that truck. But it also only has 75,000 miles.

I just don’t think you can always say they’re a was or always worth it. Just depends on the situation and vehicle. And you can get burned either way. It’s “insurance” and hence could go either way.

Surf2snow1

Reaction score
Message from kingphillips my 2022 ram 3500 is with me order July 21 quicker than may orders I also want to thank Aaron and G M AT Md quick deliver to Massachusetts 2 days also I ended up with 16% off MSRP. AND TOMORROW my 2022 avalanche 390ds is being deliver. I will sign off the same way I sign in God bless everyone and enjoy your new Trucks.

MOD: This dude just won't give up. This is the 4th or 5th userid (he's been banned for using multiple id's) - which is against the site rules.
At least he let us know he got his truck and was courteous :)

Thompsre08

Reaction score
Picked up the truck today and Bud Clary didn’t disappoint. They honored the original price of invoice minus hold back at the time of order (8/6/21). Total ended up before tax was 11.1% under MSRP and they only collected a doc service fee of $150 on top of registration and tax. They were great to work with. We were in and out pretty quick after they got a bank snafu sorted out. The truck is awesome. All the extras go on next week thanks to some Black Friday deals lol

And again a huge thanks to @brv10 and @OfficerDirtySanchez for all the updates and info tracking! It make the almost 4 months bearable.

Attachments

• C3DACFDF-4049-408B-9D88-5D9A91DDE482.jpeg
    C3DACFDF-4049-408B-9D88-5D9A91DDE482.jpeg
    504.7 KB · Views: 143
  • 3E5235EA-2E40-421F-B557-F113C874CB68.jpeg
    3E5235EA-2E40-421F-B557-F113C874CB68.jpeg
    600.9 KB · Views: 141

ACEd

Reaction score
If I understand the above info (I'm not a Mathematician) for an additional $1550.00 I can extend my Bumper to Bumper Warranty an additional 2 years or additional 39K miles. That relates to an additional $64.58 per month for the two additional years. (Basic 3/36 comes with the purchase of the vehicle) Might be wise to shop around for this additional extended warranty down the road.

Warranties however useful, can be complicated. Always read the fine print and fully understand what you get for your hard earned dollars.

Copied from the Mopar.com website: (NOTE: I'm sure GM, Ford, etc have the same type warranties so this isn't directed solely to RAM) The main thing is understand what you are getting before you sign paperwork.

Your vehicle is a powerful machine that will get you where you need to go for miles and years to come. There are many parts that work together to make that happen, and we want to ensure these parts on your FCA US LLC vehicle are protected against defective materials or workmanship. Sure, you've got your Basic Limited Warranty, but that's just the beginning. There are some Mopar® products that have separate warranties — with different time and mileage limitations, and warranty coverage that is not included in the Basic Limited Warranty. These parts include:
  • Batteries
  • Collision Parts
  • Catalytic Converters
  • Gaskets and Seals
  • Powertrains
  • Diesel Parts
  • Performance Parts
  • Brake Pads/Shoes
  • Shocks/Struts
  • Mufflers
  • Starters
  • Alternators
  • Water Pumps
I went with 8 yr 85k mile $200 deductable for $1560 (discount) - figure a 12 inch display alone would set me back more than warranty

tnpete

Reaction score
How many paid for the truck without being there? Being that Mark Dodge will drive up to 250 miles. I'm thinking about doing that. AS That cuts the trip in half for me. Let them meet me, then it turns a 3 day trip into 1.5 day trip. 5 hours to meet the truck. Then stay the night and 5 hours home the next day.
Never had any dealings with this type purchase? Always been there to look the truck over. Guessing they do a walk around on video chat? Then if you did not see anything. But find it at delivery, I'm just up the creek without a paddle?
Also would they be on there insurance for delivery? Or mine for the trip? Never liked someone else driving my truck. But may well be worth it for the time it saves.

rauan

Reaction score
Picked up the truck today and Bud Clary didn’t disappoint. They honored the original price of invoice minus hold back at the time of order (8/6/21). Total ended up before tax was 11.1% under MSRP and they only collected a doc service fee of $150 on top of registration and tax. They were great to work with. We were in and out pretty quick after they got a bank snafu sorted out. The truck is awesome. All the extras go on next week thanks to some Black Friday deals lol

And again a huge thanks to @brv10 and @OfficerDirtySanchez for all the updates and info tracking! It make the almost 4 months bearable.

Great looking truck! Congratulations!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scubaz66

Reaction score

Now that is a sweet ride! Enjoy your new girlfriend..... :)

mwalsh9152

Reaction score
How many paid for the truck without being there? Being that Mark Dodge will drive up to 250 miles. I'm thinking about doing that. AS That cuts the trip in half for me. Let them meet me, then it turns a 3 day trip into 1.5 day trip. 5 hours to meet the truck. Then stay the night and 5 hours home the next day.
Never had any dealings with this type purchase? Always been there to look the truck over. Guessing they do a walk around on video chat? Then if you did not see anything. But find it at delivery, I'm just up the creek without a paddle?
Also would they be on there insurance for delivery? Or mine for the trip? Never liked someone else driving my truck. But may well be worth it for the time it saves.
I took delivery in New Orleans. Well, one of my coworkers (that I had only spoken on the phone with previously) took delivery of it. He did a walk around with the delivery driver, and then signed off that it was in as new condition. He took delivery while I was at the airport in Boston waiting for my flight down.

Scubaz66

Reaction score
Here's my take! I've waited how many weeks/months to get this specialty ordered $70K Truck and I'm going to be the first to drive it. Yes I know someone drove it off the assembly line and someone drove it on the rail car and someone drove it onto a transport truck and someone at the dealer drove it across the lot. But! I plan to spend at least an hour going over the vehicle before I even head to the Finance Department. No one will care about this vehicle more than I, therefore I will be responsible for anything that happens along the way. This way I won't be caught "Up the Proverbial Unsanitary Tributary without any Suitable means of Locomotion! :D

Users who are viewing this thread