Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

Rampingup

Reaction score
I just put the cheapest TruXedo TruXport on mine. I like it. For $300 I don't know why anyone would want to pay hundreds more for the next two models up (the Lo Pro or Pro X15). Looks like the same thing for way more money. Only difference appears to be that it is flush with the top of the bed side rather than overlapping the top of those sides. I'd think being over the top would tend to make it more waterproof. Also, the rails being inside rather than on top of the rails takes up a little bed space width.
Good point about the weather tightness above the bed. Hopefully those who have added covers (of any brand) will chime in on their experiences, good or bad. Personally I put more faith in what customers say about whatever product as compared to the manufacturer who always has the best new mouse trap.

tnpete

Reaction score
Dealer told me today...
I will let you know as soon as it goes to the next step which would be moving into the factory. At this point it is as far as it can go without actually being built

Whatever that means. :D
Tell your dealer to read Page 1 of this thread. It has the codes for each build stage.

XIKJACK

Reaction score
I think I am going with BAKFLIP MX4 HARD TONNEAU COVER. I call about the diamond cover they do not color match and it is not try fold. It opens from the front and the back.

brv10

has the scoop
Reaction score
So what the deal is, well still rumored. The transmission will either be a real Allison 9 speed, made from Allison not the Allison branded collaboration that ford and GM did. That’s not an Allison at all and is supposed to be a POS. The other transmission option will be a ZF Powerline 8 speed. Both the Allison and the ZF has already been made and fitted to the Ram with the Cummins. It probably won’t be an Aisin which is owned by Toyota. Toyota never does anything fast so I doubt that.
The thing that will happen for the ‘23 MY will be the true 5th gen cab in the HD’s. That cab is the same one as in the 1500 currently but they have to do some mods to make it work with the HD.
So what I’ve been telling my friends is that I just ordered a temporary truck. I will have the new tranny when they come out with it. That was supposed to be’21 or ‘22 and of course nothing happened. I also really want the Gen 5 cab hopefully with the heads up display.
I didn’t hear anything about a body change other then the cab. I did hear they are working on a coil sprung suspension for the 1 tons though.
What about electric?

clchector

Reaction score
I think I am going with BAKFLIP MX4 HARD TONNEAU COVER. I call about the diamond cover they do not color match and it is not try fold. It opens from the front and the back.
I've had the MX4 on my 2016 ram for 5 years, really like it but it has gotten really heavy over the past couple years to fold and has definitely gotten more of a hassle to remove, maybe water logged? Ordered the Revolver series for my 2500 when it gets here, hopefully in the next couple weeks.

rpres62

Reaction score
I got the call from Aaron at Mark Dodge today. I'll be picking it up just after Thanksgiving at the New Orleans airport.

9/9/21 -2022 2500 Limited Ordered- Hemi, Level 1, Maximum Steel, Night Edition, Sunroof
9/11/21 - VIN Received
10/15/21 - Build Sheet Posted
10/23/21 - Confirmation Truck was Built
10/30/21 - Window Sheet Posted
11/02/21 - Shipping Stage (via Ram Chat)
11/11/21 - Awaiting Road Transport to Mark Dodge from Depot
11/19/21 - Ready for Pick Up at Mark Dodge
Mine is scheduled to ship the end of nov, how long will it take to get to tge dealer in Michigan?

tnpete

Reaction score
What about electric?
I hear the new Gen 5 RAms will all be Electric. Diesel & Gas engines will be banned in med Duty truck. Our 22's will be gold plated, as everyone wants to buy the last good trucks on the road.
Sad but even FO%D is building a Electric Truck factory in West Tn. Yes Ford is going Electric also. But then again billions given to them. To swap over to Electric.
I can see it now, Yes we travel 166 miles per day with our RV. Then have to recharge overnight. then 166 more miles. Sure going to suck when your short on the trip. No charging station! Guess you better have a Gas Generator in the bed of the truck. That way you can charge it back up.:eek:

CJTEX

Just came here to flex
Reaction score
Good point about the weather tightness above the bed. Hopefully those who have added covers (of any brand) will chime in on their experiences, good or bad. Personally I put more faith in what customers say about whatever product as compared to the manufacturer who always has the best new mouse trap.
Only real thing I ran into is that the fabric material on bottom side of bakflip disintegrates after a short while and they did not stand behind their warranties with companies who sold their products. I was doing to go with them too but I'm not spending $1300 with a company who doesn't stand by their product for consumers. People work too hard for their money..

Retrax or whatever roll up one can bind and scratch the metal and then looks bad.

I went with diamondback, made to order in Pennsylvania, coating is line x. Material is very very nice. Delivery was easy and no damage. Shipped via pallet. They also support vets and will give military discount with proof of dd214.

In the past however I used Leer covers and their quality, seal and strength are top notch.

Attachments

• 20211111_114604.jpg
    20211111_114604.jpg
    676.5 KB · Views: 55
  • 20211111_114904.jpg
    20211111_114904.jpg
    956.7 KB · Views: 55
Last edited:

MrHankbot

Reaction score

My Truxedo Sentry CT has been mostly resistant to weather. I occasionally have a small amount that will seep in at the corners, but never enough that I would be worried about things in the bed except something like a fabric bag full of clothes or the like. Even then if I put it in the center I'd never worry.

In a car wash more water gets in, but still nothing I'd ever be worried about any more than the situation described above. If I had cardboard boxes full of stuff in the bed I wouldn't be bothered at all pulling through the wash, because I know nothing would really get wet.

The only thing that occasionally happens that's annoying is one of the slat ends may shift when it's rolled up and the cover won't sit flat again when you unroll it till you push it back fully on. Very simple, not much effort needed, but once or twice a month it'll add 10 seconds to unrolling the cover.

Edited to add: I'm hoping the one I have waiting in a box for the 3500 that I'll be picking up soon from Mark Dodge is as good to me. My truck should be unloaded now, and hopefully at the dealership in the next week or so. Christmas came early this year.

Last edited:

tnpete

Reaction score
I have to ask this ? Does anyone get any sleep the evening before picking up there truck? Plus after you pick it up, can you sleep that night? Know mines around 2 weeks out or less. But not sure If I will sleep much the night before picking it up.
But then again 9 hour drive down to Lake Charles. I may sleep because of the drive down. Then the drive back may take care of that issue. Sure exciting and dredfull at the same time. Of not knowing when it can show up.

tnpete

Reaction score
If you only knew... :)
But I want to know? We all want to know? I can see you today, like a kid in a candy store. Can't be still! Looking out the window at the Truck. Or in the truck looking out the window.
I know I was told the first part of the waiting was nothing. Now I agree, when the trucks built. But you have no ideal if its on the train? Or sitting in the lot waiting on a Truck to deliver it. Waiting for it to be built was a piece of cake. Feel these next 10 to 14+ days will be rough for sure.
Not sure if I can go though this again next year. To get my New Electric toaster/ Blender truck.

Most of all, I want to get a set of the New Mirrors to test out for a year.

Users who are viewing this thread