Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

Rampingup

Reaction score
Biggest difference I see is the finish material. I've never seen the "Industrial Grain Leather" from the Lo Pro but if the x15 is more expensive it makes me think that that leather isn't as good of material as the x15 "Black Matte Fabric"?
I looked online and that was the only thing I could see also.

Rampingup

Reaction score
For anyone looking at the Truxedo covers, I've had a Truxedo Sentry CT on my 1500 for the last couple years and have liked it enough that I bought the same for my incoming 3500. Definitely worth considering if you want something that's a little more secure than a soft cover, while still being a roll up that leaves the bed open and can be removed quickly without tools.
After looking at Truxedo website, I saw that one. It has my interest but more research is in line. Got plenty of time.

Grizzly Dave

Reaction score
Dealer told me today...
I will let you know as soon as it goes to the next step which would be moving into the factory. At this point it is as far as it can go without actually being built

Whatever that means. :D

Bruno Diesel

Reaction score
Mine will come home tomorrow morning! Passed on the relay recall. If anyone is in the Baltimore area message me got the best rate on financing for the truck! 1.24 for 5 years awesome credit union 5 minutes on the phone and less than 10 minutes online pick check up tomorrow morning at 9.

Thebuilderman

Reaction score
You bring up an interesting point. After ordering in July, I started reading the rumors of a new body style change for 2023. Furthermore, it is rumored that Ram will finally, "get with the times" and may use a 10 speed Allison or possibly a competitive Aisin transmission. This had me really disappointed knowing that my 2022 will no longer be the new cool body style after only owning it for a year or less. Also, there may be a new and improved transmission that may make my 6 speed less desirable for resale. The new transmission would improve fuel economy over a 6 speed. Well all those concerns were pretty well put to rest after hearing some guys at work bashing our F550s with 10 speeds. They say with so many gears, you never really get any real RPMs out of them and the trucks are gutless. That trying to meet the latest EPA requirements with a 10 speed makes these new trucks kinda suck. Maybe we'll all be better off without the "new and improved". (Yes yes, we aware that one could lock out the transmission so it's limited to the lower gears but they still didn't like the way these 550s performed). I've been very happy with my Aisin transmissions but do wish for lower RPMs at highway speed with the 4.10s
So what the deal is, well still rumored. The transmission will either be a real Allison 9 speed, made from Allison not the Allison branded collaboration that ford and GM did. That’s not an Allison at all and is supposed to be a POS. The other transmission option will be a ZF Powerline 8 speed. Both the Allison and the ZF has already been made and fitted to the Ram with the Cummins. It probably won’t be an Aisin which is owned by Toyota. Toyota never does anything fast so I doubt that.
The thing that will happen for the ‘23 MY will be the true 5th gen cab in the HD’s. That cab is the same one as in the 1500 currently but they have to do some mods to make it work with the HD.
So what I’ve been telling my friends is that I just ordered a temporary truck. I will have the new tranny when they come out with it. That was supposed to be’21 or ‘22 and of course nothing happened. I also really want the Gen 5 cab hopefully with the heads up display.
I didn’t hear anything about a body change other then the cab. I did hear they are working on a coil sprung suspension for the 1 tons though.

ColoMike

Reaction score
After looking at Truxedo website, I saw that one. It has my interest but more research is in line. Got plenty of time.
I just put the cheapest TruXedo TruXport on mine. I like it. For $300 I don't know why anyone would want to pay hundreds more for the next two models up (the Lo Pro or Pro X15). Looks like the same thing for way more money. Only difference with the more expensive ones is they are flush with the top of the bed side rather than overlapping the top of those sides. I'd think being over the top would tend to make it more waterproof. Also, the rails being inside rather than on top of the rails takes up a little bed space width.

Last edited:

Tyadcock

Reaction score
Can anyone look up and see when an estimated delivery date for a dealer order is? I have the VIN's there are 2. Whichever gets here first I will buy. Vin are 3C6UR5T2NG108429 and 3C6UR5TL0NG165261. My original order wad June 26. Canceled that order and ordered Sept 7. Still waiting on parts. I am tired of waiting and haven't had a truck for 5 months due to dealer stating it would take 6-12 weeks from order date. Contacted stelantas and they said it would be built before Christmas but at this point I HIGHLY doubt it.

Users who are viewing this thread