Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

pnwram3500

Reaction score
The parts you took pictures of couldn’t be installed from the factory, as it’s designed to be mounted to whatever trailer you’re pulling. The truck half of the system is installed already in your truck via the 12 pin connector and the software added to your uconnect 5 system. Aside from hanging some cameras and running the wires, it should be a fairly straightforward project!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ya I realized that before posting. Duh...

mbarber84

Staff member
Reaction score
I may have missed it, but did we ever find out if there is a 12 pin in the bed as well as on the bumper?

If your truck is equipped with the 12 pin system, you’ll have two receptacles. One in the bed, and one on the rear bumper. However: only one of those will be the active connection. There’s a weatherproof plug that must be removed and switched under the bed to allow connection on one of those two receptacles. See the pics posted below, which are directly from the '22 HD
1a9a3887923fa4ff068b12eeea6e5049.jpg

owners manual.
1770bd4ac985c3bfb1c4d159ea7e58aa.jpg

DeepH20Driller

Reaction score
Here a few more pics. Haven’t had a chance to wash it yet so it very dirty and the color isn’t as sharp as it would be so I’ll take more tomorrow as well. Enjoy!

Exaclty what mine will look like, except with Limited grill and RamBox, IF Ram ever decides to build it!!

Lee Iacocca

Grumpy Old Fart
Reaction score
Just thinking, Ram has problems, but I do too. So, Yoko Ono destroyed the Beatles. I will never understand what John saw in her. Have you ever heard her sing? Google it, she screams like a woman getting murdered and calls it music. Anyways, I can’t stand the woman and need it known before she orders a truck.

Rant over.

Last edited:

mbarber84

Staff member
Reaction score
Ya I realized that before posting. Duh...

It happens man. In the excitement of having your new truck in your possession, I completely understand. Congratulations on your truck, I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t at all jealous

ACEd

Reaction score
Thank you.. unfortunately mine says priority 099.... :(
From earlier post
EDIT - Correction: Below per Chapman CDJR in Scottsdale AZ

AndreaChapmanScottsdale said:
"... Many will be in bx status and have a build priority of 99, meaning the lowest priority. And they can sit there for up to nearly a year. ..."

Last edited:

mbarber84

Staff member
Reaction score
Was just browsing the tracking sheet and realized the next member in line is a consecutive serial number. Hey [mention]egrannan [/mention], your salesman was a millisecond slower on the “submit” button!
e4e3cea8686950654204230570d59ff1.jpg

Lee Iacocca

Grumpy Old Fart
Reaction score
Here a few more pics. Haven’t had a chance to wash it yet so it very dirty and the color isn’t as sharp as it would be so I’ll take more tomorrow as well. Enjoy!
Love the neighbor’s toy truck in the background with the compressor in the bed. Will he need yours to get it to the garage? :)

Last edited:

Grizzly Dave

Reaction score
If your truck is equipped with the 12 pin system, you’ll have two receptacles. One in the bed, and one on the rear bumper. However: only one of those will be the active connection. There’s a weatherproof plug that must be removed and switched under the bed to allow connection on one of those two receptacles. See the pics posted below, which are directly from the '22 HD
1a9a3887923fa4ff068b12eeea6e5049.jpg

owners manual.
1770bd4ac985c3bfb1c4d159ea7e58aa.jpg

ok, cool. now that you post that I remember seeing those on the trailer camera thread and wasn't quite following, but now I think I understand. Receptacles at both places, but gotta move wiring under so the one you want is active.

Reaction score
how do you guys get this picture of your updates? My dealer does not share any status unless I call them, and if I do, the info they give me is def not as detailed. I am getting better and more accurate info from this forum LOL
Must be from Canada ?

Users who are viewing this thread