Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

Charlotte_PJG

Reaction score
Received another update this morning from Sandi at Mark Dodge - my MC is scheduled to arrive at Port Allen, LA tonight with an ETA of 9:04 p.m. It departed on 10/25 and the original estimated arrival date/time at Port Allen was 11/4 at 9:47 a.m. Based on a previous post, I think @BrentD86 's truck may be on this same train.

Attachments

• IMG_2889.jpg
    IMG_2889.jpg
    168.9 KB · Views: 47

ColoMike

Reaction score
I was shocked to see how high mine was. I thought with the 3.73 axle i would be somewhere around 26-27k. I thought the 30k barrier was only bested by the 4.10 but wow…32.6k is wild!
42a2497fd3c72821826e2d9601045691.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd take that with a grain of salt. When I put in my VIN for a 2500 Longhorn, I got a max towing of 20,159 LBS. When I entered all the model information instead, I got a max towing of 17,210 LBS. Then when I entered the specs another way on that site I got a max towing of 15,050 LBS. No clue which one is right. Probably none of them. Pretty much useless web page. https://www.ramtrucks.com/towing/towing-guide.html
Perhaps you have a different web page?

mbarber84

Staff member
Reaction score
I'd take that with a grain of salt. When I put in my VIN for a 2500 Longhorn, I got a max towing of 20,159 LBS. When I entered all the model information instead, I got a max towing of 17,210 LBS. Then when I entered the specs another way on that site I got a max towing of 15,050 LBS. No clue which one is right. Probably none of them. Pretty much useless web page. https://www.ramtrucks.com/towing/towing-guide.html

Not sure if there’s a different way to look it up. Common sense would say that the VIN would be the best way to figure that out but who knows with all
The options and what not. Their towing charts are a little confusing at it seems to list some of the trucks twice with different towing capacities regardless of which filters you click on.

Spkenney

Reaction score
I ordered my 2500 CC Hemi Laramie with towing tech pkg b and safety group b on 6/18. Currently I do not see the towing tech b pkg on the ram build&price site. I am pretty certain with what I order I will get a 360 view of the truck only. Does this mean there will be cameras in the folding mirrors? Does anybody have close up pics of the mirrors?

Colt1911

Reaction score
Dealer just told me I have a ship date of 11/6 but seeing as how I don’t have a build sheet or a window sticker yet I would say that a slim to none chance, and slim left town.

ACEd

Reaction score
I know my MSRP went up from when I ordered mine to what it was when I got my last poc and what it says on my window sticker. I put $100 deposit down to get my invoice price locked in at the original cost because that went up also. I am more curious if the factory invoice price and the dealer invoice price actually match. I read that sometimes even that can be padded with additional costs by some dealers. It also said that it’s a good idea to ask to see the factory invoice to make sure. Either way I’m about 6 grand lower than the current MSRP for my truck so can’t complain to much.
Surely you dont think a dealer is selling for less than he pays for truck. There is no doubt an invoice and a discount and potentially a holdback that may be applied at year end based on sales volume

mbarber84

Staff member
Reaction score
Why is the payload less but the towing is more on the HO? That is one thing I have never understood.

Possibly has to do with the weight of the components added to the truck when you select the HO over the SO. I’m speculating but the weight of the components would be deducted from the gross vehicle weight rating ?

DougB

Reaction score
Just for the heck of it I contacted Ram Chat to see if they had any update for me… all parts have been gathered…. I think it’s D1 now…
View attachment 24926
Woohoo!!

After I got the same reply I emailed Sandi to get an updated POC showing D1 and estimated ship date, which she said was build date but I’m hoping it’s really ship date. We shall see. Two more weeks.

swa240z

Reaction score
So I just noticed that my build sheet is listing a "supplemental heater". Is that like an electric PTAC heater located somewhere in the HVAC system? I'm pretty sure my 2018 didn't have that, but it would be nice since the diesel trucks take forever to heat up when it's really cold out.

sfort

Reaction score
The results you get when entering your VIN will match the door sticker.

Users who are viewing this thread