Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

Surf2snow1

Reaction score
Well according to my super secret squirrel insider my truck is finally moving along and getting built and is currently in the paint & frame stage of the process. It still shows a tentative ship date of 10/17 so fingers crossed it goes out this week!
And don't bother PM'ing me for my secret squirrel source as I've been sworn to secrecy...
Congrats! Told you the limited was getting built sooner ;)

Werkerb

Reaction score
Just contacted Ram chat and apparently my truck has finally made some progress. It is the trim stage. BH CC DRW with all the bells and whistles except sun roof. Ordered 5/10. Still no build sheet so hope this is not another false hope.

fastfreddy

Reaction score
Found this:
Found this in regards to the Special Scheduling Condition VII:

It's an internal code that is applied when the schedulers or another employee at Chrysler (Who has the authority) schedule an order when there isn't allocation or to give an order priority in scheduling.
I certainly haven't looked at all the window stickers, but there seems to be some correlation between the trucks being built with options that have been discontinued and the special scheduling.

lovmoney69

Reaction score
Just contacted Ram chat and apparently my truck has finally made some progress. It is the trim stage. BH CC DRW with all the bells and whistles except sun roof. Ordered 5/10. Still no build sheet so hope this is not another false hope.
I just contacted them too for some humor. My BH MC with ONLY level 1 package, none of the other bells and whistles is still in D1 with no progress. Build date of 10/11 is in my rearview mirror now.....Guess I need to call the dealership tomorrow and see if they have anything new. :mad: But congrats to you. You deserve it since you ordered in May.

mkresser

Reaction score
Any idea if there is a Software version page somewhere to verify if you have the update or not? I'm praying on getting my truck soon and want to tell them to perform the TSB (or verify it was done) prior to me picking it up, then once I have it I can check the version myself?There IS. I did that before I left the dealership Just to
YES. I did that before I left the dealership so I would know for sure it had been done.

On the big a$$ screen, tap Vehicle, the tap Settings, scroll on the left to Systems Information, tap on Version Information.

Everything you need is in there. After the TSB, you should be running S21.B.5-PROD

Apaschke82

Reaction score
I just contacted them too for some humor. My BH MC with ONLY level 1 package, none of the other bells and whistles is still in D1 with no progress. Build date of 10/11 is in my rearview mirror now.....Guess I need to call the dealership tomorrow and see if they have anything new. :mad: But congrats to you. You deserve it since you ordered in May.
Did they tell you it was in D1? Anytime I have contacted them on the chat I was told they can’t give out the status anymore.

mbarber84

Staff member
Reaction score
Did they tell you it was in D1? Anytime I have contacted them on the chat I was told they can’t give out the status anymore.

Better to call customer care on the phone and speak directly to an agent. Ramchat would not give out status codes. I called in four times and out of those four times, 2 agents quoted me status codes and 2 repeated the same jargon that Ramchat gave me. If you get the right people on the other end they are extremely helpful and nice to deal with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mkresser

Reaction score
I called my salesman today and he ran my VIN for recalls and these do not come up. He feels that there is no sales hold on my 6.7 and that this recall must be only aimed at specific VIN numbers.

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk
The U5 TSB was pretty broad….pretty much every 2022 with Uconnect!

That said, I assume the factory has started updating all the trucks still in production.

Also, my friend picked his truck up at the same dealership four days after me and the dealer had already done the update.

I would not leave with the truck until you check that that has been performed.

Tap the Vehicle icon, then tap Settings, scroll on the left to Systems Information, tap on Version Information.

After the TSB, you should be running S21.B.5-PROD

Attachments

• C1441A97-EA85-40CC-ADAF-14AB90DAA601.jpeg
    C1441A97-EA85-40CC-ADAF-14AB90DAA601.jpeg
    319.7 KB · Views: 67

Lary0071

Reaction score
The U5 TSB was pretty broad….pretty much every 2022 with Uconnect!

That said, I assume the factory has started updating all the trucks still in production.

Also, my friend picked his truck up at the same dealership four days after me and the dealer had already done the update.

I would not leave with the truck until you check that that has been performed.

Tap the Vehicle icon, then tap Settings, scroll on the left to Systems Information, tap on Version Information.

After the TSB, you should be running S21.B.5-PROD
The radio update is not a stop sale issue and is easy enough to deal with while not burning your family to death in their sleep.

Someone posted the one related to burning the truck and potentially your house down due to a relay... is that one (that is a stop sale) applying to our trucks? Is there a stop sale recall being rolled out?

lovmoney69

Reaction score
No they don't give status any more. They just said all the parts are gathered and it should enter the build stage soon. Been hearing that for a month

Apaschke82

Reaction score
No they don't give status any more. They just said all the parts are gathered and it should enter the build stage soon. Been hearing that for a month
If you call they can give you a status. Can not necessarily will. I’ve seen others comment that some will tell you a status and where things stand but others will give you the same crap answers you get on ramchat. Just called to see if there were any updates or to see if there was a build date and was told mine has been in D1 status, last updated 10/05, and that it’s being built. Not sure if it’s actually being built yet but she told me the status at the least.

mkresser

Reaction score
The radio update is not a stop sale issue and is easy enough to deal with while not burning your family to death in their sleep.

Someone posted the one related to burning the truck and potentially your house down due to a relay... is that one (that is a stop sale) applying to our trucks? Is there a stop sale recall being rolled out?

Sorry..I certainly didn’t mean to compare U5 not working to people dying, especially since I picked up a new 2022 truck a week ago and I do wonder what that is all about.

I was just trying to make the point that even if the dealer says there are NO recalls, you may still want to do your own research/verification.

Last edited:

Lee Iacocca

Grumpy Old Fart
Reaction score
YES. I did that before I left the dealership so I would know for sure it had been done.

On the big a$$ screen, tap Vehicle, the tap Settings, scroll on the left to Systems Information, tap on Version Information.

Everything you need is in there. After the TSB, you should be running S21.B.5-PROD
So you’re up and running now?

Users who are viewing this thread