Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

mkresser

Reaction score
to the guys that have received their trucks within the past year, How has the build quality been?
Has quality or fit and finish been compromised with the whole pandemic and microchip shortage issues?
I took delivery last week of a 2022 2500 and the Uconnect 12” completely failed within 2 hours of driving. That said, there is a TSB out for that very issue so not really a “build” quality issue as much as a UC software issue. In other words, I can’t blame the Mexican plant as they did their part..but the programmers let them down! Aside from that, overall quality of the truck seems normal If not MUCH better than my last new Ram which was in 2013.

mbarber84

Staff member
Reaction score
I took delivery last week of a 2022 2500 and the Uconnect 12” completely failed within 2 hours of driving. That said, there is a TSB out for that very issue so not really a “build” quality issue as much as a UC software issue. In other words, I can’t blame the Mexican plant as they did their part..but the programmers let them down! Aside from that, overall quality of the truck seems normal If not MUCH better than my last new Ram which was in 2013.

I see a good many trucks recently completed are sitting in JS status at the factory, mine included. Wondering if this software problem is one of the things they’re reviewing / fixing before the trucks are released to shipping?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mkresser

Reaction score
I see a good many trucks recently completed are sitting in JS status at the factory, mine included. Wondering if this software problem is one of the things they’re reviewing / fixing before the trucks are released to shipping?

The TSB is supposed to be applied to any 2022 with UC5 on 12 or 8.4 screen and be performed prior to dealer delivery. Mine just slipped through as the TSB was issued 2 days before I took deluvery.

Seems that making the dealers do the flash would be a better solution than shutting down shipments. Just keep the trucks rolling to the dealerships and put the burden on them to flash all the trucks. BUT…if the problem is bigger than the new TSB, you could definitely be on to something!!

The Uconnect system is a huge portion of consumer satisfaction with these trucks. I mean, Ram can get all the big stuff right like engines, drivetrain, interior, exterior design, etc, , and all people (like me) will remember is that the big ass screen didn’t turn on!

TXsportDiver

Reaction score
I picked up my Limited 3500 DRW from Mark Dodge on Saturday afternoon. One of the goodies I ordered with it is the XH7 Tow Mode Camera (Wired). That's a hard wired camera for a trailer, to display the image in a digital rear view mirror (the mirror came as part of the Limited Level 1 option). I posted information about the hardware and instructions I received here: https://hdrams.com/forum/index.php?...d-tow-trailer-camera-options.6626/post-121505

ACEd

Reaction score
The TSB is supposed to be applied to any 2022 with UC5 on 12 or 8.4 screen and be performed prior to dealer delivery. Mine just slipped through as the TSB was issued 2 days before I took deluvery.

Seems that making the dealers do the flash would be a better solution than shutting down shipments. Just keep the trucks rolling to the dealerships and put the burden on them to flash all the trucks. BUT…if the problem is bigger than the new TSB, you could definitely be on to something!!

The Uconnect system is a huge portion of consumer satisfaction with these trucks. I mean, Ram can get all the big stuff right like engines, drivetrain, interior, exterior design, etc, , and all people (like me) will remember is that the big ass screen didn’t turn on!
AND - if your A/C and many other functions are controlled by the screen including Cameras and Blind Spot Monitoring and who knows what else, then the truck is undriveable without the screen. Personally I did not want to go away from the manual controls I had on my 2015 with 8.4 inch screen, but to get some trailer and camera functions I had to go to more touch screen that I wanted. I am hoping that was not a bad mistake. - now I am thinking I may need the $3000 Mopar MaxCare extended warranty or figure on trading every time the 3 year 36k warranty expires. - maybe that is the goal.

msoto

Reaction score
I picked up my Limited 3500 DRW from Mark Dodge on Saturday afternoon. One of the goodies I ordered with it is the XH7 Tow Mode Camera (Wired). That's a hard wired camera for a trailer, to display the image in a digital rear view mirror (the mirror came as part of the Limited Level 1 option). I posted information about the hardware and instructions I received here: https://hdrams.com/forum/index.php?...d-tow-trailer-camera-options.6626/post-121505
Awesome write up. Thanks. Hopefully my truck comes in before the end of the year . Ram chat finally stated my parts were all gathered since I ordered 6/8. Limited mega cab drw night edition. NG105088. I feel like the trailer surround camera option I added is what’s holding mine back!

Tyadcock

Reaction score
Anyone else get an annoyed when people post that their trucks are built and/or delivered and the very next sentence is "I can't go pick it up for another month" or "I don't need the truck until after the new year"... while other folks who sold their vehicle because the dealer told them 6-12 weeks from order date and it has been 16 weeks and still in D status? Luckily my dad let me drive his old beater that couldn't tow a push mower. If not I would have nothing but my motorcycle and it is about to get pretty cold lol .

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
AND - if your A/C and many other functions are controlled by the screen including Cameras and Blind Spot Monitoring and who knows what else, then the truck is undriveable without the screen. Personally I did not want to go away from the manual controls I had on my 2015 with 8.4 inch screen, but to get some trailer and camera functions I had to go to more touch screen that I wanted. I am hoping that was not a bad mistake. - now I am thinking I may need the $3000 Mopar MaxCare extended warranty or figure on trading every time the 3 year 36k warranty expires. - maybe that is the goal.

Check prices on Zeigler first and use code PAYINFULL for an extra discount. There's a thread here about extended warranties. I used Zeigler to beat up the dealer. 8yr/60K was like $1075.

Last edited:

Jake L

Reaction score
What is best guess on how long to get truck shipped to Michigan? Estimated ship date of 23. Thanks

1-2 weeks +1 week or so to get it from the railyard to the dealer, it wont be going through the 25 mile chicago backup. But this is a guess. Mine is scheduled to ship on 10/6 and 10/17 from 2 different sources, but im pretty sure its still in ship-delay (waiting for shipping) so when i figure mine out ill post about it.

Bruno Diesel

Reaction score
1-2 weeks +1 week or so to get it from the railyard to the dealer, it wont be going through the 25 mile chicago backup. But this is a guess. Mine is scheduled to ship on 10/6 and 10/17 from 2 different sources, but im pretty sure its still in ship-delay (waiting for shipping) so when i figure mine out ill post about it.

But it will be on the railroad and it is Christmas rush season on the tracks. Yea that’s normal shipping time double it at this time of year.

Cole45@*

Reaction score

Thank you. I was surprised when they called and told me the estimated ship date and she seemed pretty excited for me. I ordered June 17. First thing I have ever ordered too.

Users who are viewing this thread