Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

CajunMan.

Reaction score
Did you order the tow mode camera or was it included in another group? I didn’t see it in your window sticker but you definitely have the plug on the left side of the bumper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ha you know I didn’t. Didn’t even notice that either. I didn’t want the fifth wheel either. Had to buy a ball $315 dollars. Guy said you still want it. I was like well yeah. That’s the reason I got the truck.

CajunMan.

Reaction score
Ha you know I didn’t. Didn’t even notice that either. I didn’t want the fifth wheel either. Had to buy a ball $315 dollars. Guy said you still want it. I was like well yeah. That’s the reason I got the truck.
It may have been included in a group. I just got what I could since it was already up there in price. Didn’t want to regret not getting anything

mbarber84

Staff member
Reaction score

I was referring to the truck that steelman2500 posted earlier in the thread. His truck has the plug on the left side of the bumper. From what I can tell your truck does not have it. I’m just confused because this is the second time that an ordered truck has shown up with the plug on the bumper but doesn’t have the option listed on the sticker.

CajunMan.

Reaction score
I was referring to the truck that steelman2500 posted earlier in the thread. His truck has the plug on the left side of the bumper. From what I can tell your truck does not have it. I’m just confused because this is the second time that an ordered truck has shown up with the plug on the bumper but doesn’t have the option listed on the sticker.

Yeah. I just got out and checked I was in truck driving at the moment.

Cummins0867

Reaction score

Not sure what option you're referring to? My 2019 3500 SRW had the plug cover on the left side of the license plate (4 Pin flat over the 7 Pin round). Its seems that these two trucks (from what I see from the pics) both have it on the right side of the license plate. I think its because of the new 12 pin connector (cover looks different/bigger) that sits above the 7 pin. The 12 pin is for the Trailer Towing camera that comes with a harness to be wired into your trailer. I'm not sure why it was moved to the opposite side. I would rather its on the driver side as it would be easier to reach.

EDIT: The plug on the left side of the plate looks like one you can knock out and insert an mount an additional plug. The two on the right side of the Black 3500 look like actual covers that you can lift and the plug is behind the cover.

Last edited:

CJTEX

Just came here to flex
Reaction score
Looks like the first couple PW level 3s are showing up on lots. Truck looks pretty good... So much for customer order prioritization haha. Still waiting...

mbarber84

Staff member
Reaction score
Not sure what option you're referring to? My 2019 3500 SRW had the plug on the left side of the license plate (4 Pin flat over the 7 Pin round). Its seems that these two trucks (from what I see from the pics) both have it on the right side of the license plate. I think its because of the new 12 pin connector (cover looks different/bigger) that sits above the 7 pin. The 12 pin is for the Trailer Towing camera that comes with a harness to be wired into your trailer. I'm not sure why it was moved to the opposite side. I would rather its on the driver side as it would be easier to reach.

Left side of license plate bracket is a plug. That plug is used for the “tow mode” camera that can be equipped as part of the digital rearview camera. The plug looks like this:
aafbbcb1b88e5c27686e4b09c837bcb3.jpg

If you don’t have the plug, there’s a block-off plate that looks like this:
cc1005c512f7c2cf57012af8058a5a58.jpg

Cummins0867

Reaction score
Left side of license plate bracket is a plug. That plug is used for the “tow mode” camera that can be equipped as part of the digital rearview camera. The plug looks like this:
aafbbcb1b88e5c27686e4b09c837bcb3.jpg

If you don’t have the plug, there’s a block-off plate that looks like this:
cc1005c512f7c2cf57012af8058a5a58.jpg

Exactly....go back and look again at the 3500...expand the pic....its just like the Red Truck pic you show here circled a knock out block. He doesn't have it.Bumper pic.jpeg

Last edited:

Cummins0867

Reaction score
Look at the other one you have circled (with the rounded top cover)...its the OLD 4 Pin over 7 Pin.....the other two larger covers are the 12 Pin over the 7 Pin.

EDIT: The one that @mbarber84 have circled on the "Kimberly" truck should be the exact SAME plug as what the Top plug cover on the @CajunMan. Truck....which is the NEW 12 Pin plug....it appears that the OLD 4 pin is NOT on @CajunMan. truck....Im not 100%.....but I.m pretty sure this is how it is. The guy that would know is @Jimmy07

Last edited:

mbarber84

Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah I was initially referring to the blue 2500 mega cab that steelman posted. The plug is on his truck but it isn’t listed in his window sticker. I was under the impression that the plug on the left was the one used for the digital rearview mirror camera that they call “tow mode”
2e7b5ccacedb73953ec40d3b9cc7aec9.jpg

d85187638c88105b7062a8f80f10f042.jpg

Zorm

Reaction score
New to site and Dodge trucks. Down in the Florida pan handle and looking for new non-diesel 2500 club cab 4x4. I just found out that the olive green paint is not offered in 2022 which sucks, that is such a cool paint. So 2 questions. 1) Does anyone know who is giving the best deals on ordered 2022 trucks. 2)still in stock 2021 trucks that meet my build below nation wide? I'm willing to fly someplace and drive it home.

So, if a new 2021, 2500 4x4 club cab Laramie Olive green with Hemi, not a diesel. Black leather interior, seating for 6. Limited slip rear end with the 4.10 gears, Laramie option A package, towing package, 5th wheel prep package, aux switches on the center dash. Wheel to wheel black side steps. Black 20" wheels with all terrain tires.

If 2022, same truck but in Patriot Blue with same body color bumpers and black grill.

All I can do is ask no rush either, need to sell a house and marry off daughter later this month.

Users who are viewing this thread