Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

owdiss78

Reaction score
Gosh I love the newbie enthusiasm. Me too buddy, me too. I’m on a 6/14 reorder from an April order mess up. Get in line…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I get it lol. I never ordered one before I have a 2015 Laramie now still very nice truck but just decided it’s time to upgrade why I get a hood trade value for it. And I’m seeing it’s all over the board for who’s get built first. I’ve seen people ordered in June still no vin even to people already getting info for delivery after 8 weeks. And all that info is on all the forum and groups I’ve read

Myfast70

Reaction score
New 3m eraser wheel, floss, fishing line and heat gun are ready and waiting. I'm adding this:
Are you joking? That's about the dumbest emblem I've ever seen if so but to each their own...

DougB

Reaction score
Any of you considering debadging your new truck. I like a nice clean look without decals. I am also considering taking off the Laramie badge because of the way it looks. For sure will pull dealer badging if they put it on.
I ordered mine with the decal delete option so they leave off the 4x4 decal on the bed that comes with the off road pkg. I don’t mind the other badges.

Reaction score
Learned today my order has gone to D1 - Gateline plant has sequenced the unit for production, estimated ship date assigned of 10/13. Downside is I that I had been trying for three days to get the POC/VIN for my dad's order that was placed a few days before mine. With some confusion they sent my POC printed for today and then finally his. His build is still at D, but the worse part, it has two extra options he really does not want and did not ask for; 4.10 axle ratio and Dually Wheels. No idea how the dealer fat fingered those in but now it's looking like my dad may have to reorder. The dealer is going to try reaching out to the area rep but I don't hold out much hope for that going anywhere. I feel bad for my dad, he's the one that convinced me to purchase new instead of Frankensteining my 2003 DRW and now his may arrive after mine and fewer tech choices?
Same happened to me , missing This and that , added the wrong items , frustrating. I figured it's a way to get trucks on the lots using our names ... now I'm on week 17 while waiting for the second ordered truck ... maybe Dad should grab ...

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Crazy the front end looks identical to the blue big horn posted above.

They're not identical. The new Bighorn grill is similar in appearance, but there are differences, especially if seen side by side.

The Bighorn has a checkerboard pattern with 3 rows above and 4 rows below, whereas the Limited has the split notch rails with 2 above and 3 below and the larger nostrils.

1632630476982.png 1632631677060.png

Chrome Limited for reference.

index.php

Attachments

• 1632630990365.png
    1632630990365.png
    134.2 KB · Views: 45
Last edited:

Royalist_Ram

Reaction score
They're not identical. The new Bighorn grill is similar in appearance, but there are differences, especially if seen side by side.

The Bighorn has a checkerboard pattern with 3 rows above and 4 rows below, whereas the Limited has the split notch rails with 2 above and 3 below and the larger nostrils.

View attachment 22445 View attachment 22446

Chrome Limited for reference.

index.php
Yep plus the headlights are different.

Threeper88

Reaction score
That goes without saying as the Limited/Longhorn has directional projector headlamps available only on those trims.

They’re not directional. They are Bi-function projector LED’s which just means the single projector is responsible for both low and hi beam. I think there is a shutter inside that rotates.

Grayson

Reaction score
I ordered mine with the decal delete option so they leave off the 4x4 decal on the bed that comes with the off road pkg. I don’t mind the other badges.
I will remove RAM, any decals on the side, model trim on the back. Only car I wouldn't do that with is the 812 Superfast. I want everyone to know it's superfast.

Users who are viewing this thread