Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

Bruno Diesel

Reaction score
No one here is upset with the factory workers. We know they are all doing the best they can with what they have.

Ths people that are upset, are upset with the sequence the trucks are being pulled to build. Since we don’t know the order they are going in, and we see trucks ordered in August and September being scheduled while May and June orders are sitting on the shelves. It seems they are going with the highest profit per chip first.
Per sales manager they are building yes limited and longhorn, and laramie before other builds. The order they started at Allocations is last truck ordered out . Which means first orders in May and June will be built last. For dealer stock they are told to reorder right before allocation so their build is in front of earlier orders.

brv10

has the scoop
Reaction score
Per sales manager they are building yes limited and longhorn, and laramie before other builds. The order they started at Allocations is last truck ordered out . Which means first orders in May and June will be built last. For dealer stock they are told to reorder right before allocation so their build is in front of earlier orders.
What sales manager?

sconym

Reaction score
I can’t see this being reality. We ordered early in May when there was no pricing or details on what the ‘22 was going to be. Spent $85k blindly based on current / past RAM ownership experiences. So we are going to be punished by being built last? I hope this isn’t true. Would be horrible customer service to those of us who are very loyal to the brand.

rossagge

Reaction score
I can’t see this being reality. We ordered early in May when there was no pricing or details on what the ‘22 was going to be. Spent $85k blindly based on current / past RAM ownership experiences. So we are going to be punished by being built last? I hope this isn’t true. Would be horrible customer service to those of us who are very loyal to the brand.
Need to draft up a group letter with our concerns and have every member who ordered sign it. Showing date ordered, status and concerns.
Signed "The Orders Club" haha

Seriously, need to do this.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

MegaStro

Reaction score
As one of the last ordered 8/27, I dont see this happening. They are still getting parts. I have had 7+ HD's and a couple 1500's over my life so far from Dodge/Ram. They will wait on mine simply because I show a pattern of being addicted to them. I need a fix every 2-3 years, they have me hooked!

UhOH

Reaction score
Right or wrong, it makes sense from a marketing stand point. Makes for a pretty easy decision when someone is on the fence and they can see some orders being delivered in “normal times”. Not good customer service, but probably good business.

Thompsre08

Reaction score
Overall I believe the Ram Heavy Duty trucks are being produced faster than the Super Duty and Silverado mainly because Ford continues to make new vehicles or at least take deposits on them and Chevy has had quality issues with several suppliers that isn't chip related.

I don't know how the allocation to top trim vs poverty trims works but I'm sure and hope that it's due to logistics and not profit
Haha I’ve never heard of $55k+ trucks referred to as poverty trims. That is hilarious though

Jake L

Reaction score
Gotta admit, it was hard getting up this morning knowing there is ZERO movement or estimate on most of these trucks. I am a patient guy but last time I ordered a car I always had an estimated ship date within a coupe weeks. Just venting folks, nothing more..... Have a great Sunday, I will drive my beater to work for another decade while we wait for some information. Did the biden administration take over at Stellantis, they seem to be good at keeping secrets. How else would you explain the online builder being sooooo late? It would be something.

Online builder is always late, i assume its so they can iron out their packages and groups.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Savage99ss

Reaction score
Interesting that it shows level 1 ordered this late.
I think the cutoff was Aug 20. Ask me how I know. Built the BH I wanted w dealer on that Friday 20th and came in on Saturday 21st to order and my options were grayed out. Waited a week to see if they would come back and ordered Aug 28th. Upgraded to Laramie shortly after.

Last edited:

Savage99ss

Reaction score
As one of the last ordered 8/27, I dont see this happening. They are still getting parts. I have had 7+ HD's and a couple 1500's over my life so far from Dodge/Ram. They will wait on mine simply because I show a pattern of being addicted to them. I need a fix every 2-3 years, they have me hooked!

hey I ordered one day after you!!

Scvette

Reaction score
I did mine on the 18th and I think I’m getting everything I wanted on the Laramie I ordered. So I think you are correct on the cutoff date.
I think the cutoff was Aug 20. Ask me how I know. Built the BH I wanted w dealer on that Friday 20th and came in on Saturday 21st to order and my options were grayed out. Waited a week to see if they would come back and ordered Aug 28th. Upgraded to Laramie shortly after.

Savage99ss

Reaction score
The format of this will probably change as I find a way to automate updating this. I'll probably add some additional columns.

If a row has complete details, that means an equipment listing exists. That's how I can tell if it has the features listed. It's fun to filter for a certain set of features to see what sequence numbers have been built. Enjoy!

thanks for all the hard work putting this together. It’s actually pretty awesome.

Also, can you upgrade the spreadsheet to reflect my trucks D status.

BigRedDelaney

Reaction score
The list in this sheet is a somewhat separate thing I've been working on. Eventually I'll combine this data with our order tracking sheet. But it's all incremental progress when I have time here and there.

This data makes me feel a little more comfortable with the otherwise strange build sequence we seem to be observing. I can't find another truck built with all my features. On the flip side, it makes me scared about when I'll ever see mine.
Here is my POC. If it helps figure all this crap out... Talked to my dealer the other day said my truck has 15 chips. I have a feeling i wont be seeing my truck in a long time...

Attachments

• curtin3500[1104].pdf
    5 KB · Views: 49

DeepH20Driller

Reaction score
The format of this will probably change as I find a way to automate updating this. I'll probably add some additional columns.

If a row has complete details, that means an equipment listing exists. That's how I can tell if it has the features listed. It's fun to filter for a certain set of features to see what sequence numbers have been built. Enjoy!

Am I the only one having issues opening this link?

Users who are viewing this thread