Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

LimitedLonghorn

Reaction score
I think the Longhorn has the weakest looking grille of the bunch :(

The Longhorn grille is the only one without nostrils now. Personally, I like it, if for no other reason than it's differentiated. If I were in the Limited camp again I would not be happy about the Bighorn grille's close resemblance.

Speaking of Longhorns, just found a few window stickers for well equipped 2022s. Common thread seems to be no sunroof, only one RamBox. Also surprised that the VIN numbers are so high.
3C6UR5GL1NG117178
3C6UR5PL5NG120701 (Rambox)
3C6UR5GL9NG129790
3C6UR5GL9NG130275
3C63RRKL7NG140216

Last edited:

rossagge

Reaction score
The Longhorn grille is the only one without nostrils now. Personally, I like it, if for no other reason than it's differentiated. If I were i nthe Limited camp again I would not be happy about the Bighorn grill's close resemblance.
Not sure how I feel about the grille. Not having the nostrils does set it slightly apart. It's never had them, but, ehh, IDK if I like that or not.

js4024

Reaction score
I’m just curious how long they hang onto your money with no movement on the truck whatsoever. At someone point you gotta think okay this truck isn’t getting built. Or maybe not?
You ordered it and put down a deposit. That is the name of the game. If your order was a "sold order" you have priority. If you have a bunch of options like Limited, hot tub ect.... your truck will get pushed. They have supply line issues, so some trucks move through faster than others. I ordered mine on Aug 7th and it is already built. 3500 Tradesman HO. I need a truck, not a hooker... So mine is stripped down and ready to go.

Porkchopexpress

Reaction score
So my wife just called and said "after seeing that truck today try to pull that tractor, maybe you should get the 3500 over the 2500"......okay, that never happens. So what would you guys guess the delay would be on changing my order from a loaded 2500 to a 3500? I think I saw that someone else did this already.

Thompsre08

Reaction score
So my wife just called and said "after seeing that truck today try to pull that tractor, maybe you should get the 3500 over the 2500"......okay, that never happens. So what would you guys guess the delay would be on changing my order from a loaded 2500 to a 3500? I think I saw that someone else did this already.
You will probably have to go to the back of the line if you ordered a while ago...

Combra6589

Reaction score
I mean, I'm guilty as charged. I mean, there are so many related things to discuss, since we're all in the same boat.
Have you got a update on your limited? Supposedly mine will sit in storage for up to two weeks before going on train..

agtcovert

Reaction score
Have you got a update on your limited? Supposedly mine will sit in storage for up to two weeks before going on train..
I have not. I broke down and asked RamChat today (yeah I know) and they told me it was built, in storage, no assigned ship date though. I specifically asked. :(

beckty85

Reaction score
I know I’ll catch hell for this, but to me a 2500 is a stepping stone to a 3500. Would have been a waste for me, the payload wasn’t much more than my 1500 was. I owned 1 2500 and only for a few months and stepped up to a 3500. Then I was out of the towing game for some years so had a 1500.

Surf2snow1

Reaction score
Order another. If the 2500 shows up first drive it and sell when the 3500 shows up.

Combra6589

Reaction score
I have not. I broke down and asked RamChat today (yeah I know) and they told me it was built, in storage, no assigned ship date though. I specifically asked. :(
Me too lol they told me it’s in stage before being released and will be in this stage upwards of 2 weeks .

Users who are viewing this thread