Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

CforHD

Reaction score
Ordered a 2500 Limited MegaCab through Mark Dodge on 8/13!

Did anyone else get an recall statement in regards to the DPF Sensor? This mean no DEF is needed!? :D

Lary0071

Reaction score

Did anyone else get an recall statement in regards to the DPF Sensor? This mean no DEF is needed!? :D

My 5/2021 production 2021 S.O. 6.7L has no reading on the DPF filter pressures, it turns out that my truck was made without that ability for the moment due to the chip shortage, but it will be corrected with a recall later. The truck still burns DEF, the only thing is I can not see any reading at all on the DPF filter. I scroll to it and the semicircle gage is there but sits at 0% no matter what. The way I understand it, the pressure transducer does not exist in my truck to provide that feedback. My personal guess.... I bet they are just trickling exhaust fluid all of the time and praying these trucks do not clog the filter and break down under warranty prior to the electronic parts being available and installed.

I'm at 3200 miles and I have used about 1.5 tanks of DEF so far. Next fill up I will go to Speedway truck stop near me and fill the DEF at the commercial truck pump for $2.99 a gallon.

agtcovert

Reaction score

Happy to take this out of the thread, but point of fact, DPF and DEF have nothing to do with each other outside of being part of the emissions system. I keep seeing this misconception.

DEF is used in SCR, to reduce NOx emissions. That's it. Computer is always commanding some injection of DEF into the exhaust stream.
DPF is just the particulate filter-- it catches the soot. Computer monitors and dumps in extra fuel to raise EGTs and burn DPF out during a regen.

Combra6589

Reaction score
A rep from ramcare called me back from two weeks ago to follow up to say that the factory hasn’t even started 22s. Yet we are starting to see build sheets populate. At this point the car warranty people are more trustworthy . So just stick with your dealer

Dunn08

Reaction score
Hey all, @OfficerDirtySanchez is now running the same report that I am on their official order tracking spreadsheet. I'm going to take a break from checking and posting since I'd like to keep their spreadsheet as the de facto repository for all order tracking info & status updates since they've taken the time to create and curate the spreadsheet. This will also cut down on me spamming the thread.

Submit your order info here:
Please use the full VIN if you have it available. The "NG" order number doesn't provide enough info to check.

Added mine. 3500 Laramie, DRW HO. Ordered 5/19. As of last Thursday 8/12 I was still D1 with an 8/18 (this Wed) ship date. Who knows now, not going to bother my salesman again yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

locopilot750

Reaction score
I ordered a 22 Laramie last Thursday, the next day I had a vin number. Does anybody even know what a 22 looks like yet ?

Mptolomey

Reaction score

BigRedDelaney

Reaction score
What is the VON number???
I have my vin #3C63RRML4NG118901
and then I have a VON #49862005
ordered by S94293K

HomeSlice780

Reaction score
Blind spot is the chip issue per product development NOT Ramchat
I can confirm that. I wanted that option on my build. My dealer told me if I want that option it may add 2-3 months build time to get my truck. Said that option is one of the chips they are having delays. I already sold my last truck and currently truckless, so I decided I could live without blind spot/cross traffic detection and scratched it off my list so I can get my truck sooner.

sconym

Reaction score
Blind spot is the chip issue per product development NOT Ramchat
I didn't specifically add that option to my 3500 Laramie, but wonder if it is embedded into one of the packages I did add... :eek:

Users who are viewing this thread