Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

Cummins0867

Reaction score
I ordered a new 2022 power wagon to replace my 2019 F350 dually powerstroke. The powerstroke is tuned and deleted over 600hp. It's a badass truck but I missed my 2017 powerwagon! Ram makes the most comfortable trucks
you know...I'm not a Ford guy....but I think Ford has some of the very best colors.

Ridered67

Reaction score
you know...I'm not a Ford guy....but I think Ford has some of the very best colors.
Ironically I've always liked white vehicles the most. I ordered a new white power wagon. Here's my old one. There's just something about the white and black combo.

Attachments

• 20180407_155531.jpg
    20180407_155531.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 32

Thedaran

Reaction score
UGH I'm trying to decide on color. That and bench or bucket seats. It's really the last two options I have yet to nail down. Although the prices I was quoted on my Bighorn build might let me upgrade to a Laramie. Time to butter up the wife.

Ridered67

Reaction score
UGH I'm trying to decide on color. That and bench or bucket seats. It's really the last two options I have yet to nail down. Although the prices I was quoted on my Bighorn build might let me upgrade to a Laramie. Time to butter up the wife.
Go with the bucket seats. That center console is awesome.

b307a1

Reaction score
I'm leaning buckets for sure, but then the wife can't slide on over ;). Everyone's thoughts on patriot blue vs maximum steel?
Patriot Blue. Maximum Steel looks good when it is shined up but when it's dirty it just looks like dirty black paint.

Last edited:

BrentD86

Reaction score
I'm leaning buckets for sure, but then the wife can't slide on over ;). Everyone's thoughts on patriot blue vs maximum steel?
I had to make the same decision, I went Max Steel because it is so much more rare. I hate driving down the road and seeing a bunch of twin vehicles to mine. Since I ordered I have been looking for a max steel on the road everywhere I go and have yet to see a single one.

Taleraas02

Reaction score
I had to make the same decision, I went Max Steel because it is so much more rare. I hate driving down the road and seeing a bunch of twin vehicles to mine. Since I ordered I have been looking for a max steel on the road everywhere I go and have yet to see a single one.
Went max steel as well. Looks absolutely fantastic in the sunlight. Saw *one* on my local dealers lot earlier in the year. A hundred greys and whites. Seen maybe 2-3 max steele vehicles on the road in all the months since despite always looking lol. I think it looks 10/10 with the chrome badging and grille, too, assuming you don’t go night edition. I will say that I was *thiiiiis* close to getting Del Red w/night edition, but in the end, I thought that limited grille was too nice to cover up in all black. Plus, not gonna lie, I might have chickened out a tad at the prospect of owning a red truck. But man, that combo does look great.

Can’t say much about the dirt showing part on max steel, but I doubt I’ll have an issue with it personally, as I own a black truck now and don’t really get why everyone avoids it because “it gets dirty easily.” Always looks good to me, but I don’t drive it around in either dirt every day either, so to each their own.

johnsontoddr

Reaction score
I'm not in a big hurry. I bought a 2021 Laramie to use until the 22 comes in. And honestly, the 10 day trip that I wanted the dually for ended Monday. I'm back home and done traveling for this summer with the 13K lb fifth wheel. I could go trade this truck back in next weekend and drive my 04 Grand Prix the rest of the year and most of the winter while Ram holds off on my truck to skip the salt season.

I may actually do that. Trade this thing back in with 4k miles on it now and just chill. I still have a 2019 F150 that I can tow my skid steer and tractor with.

Now I'm thinking... dump this 21 right back while the Trade value are stupid.... or drive it for 5 or 6 months and hope that the value holds and also so that the $70K Trade value keeps me in that sales tax loophole.....

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk
7419f364248134ed95b98bbe90e49f6d.jpg
2b94208d08a56324557f438e2d9dab04.jpg
We are ordering the 3500 dually because my wife fell in love with Reflection 5th wheels. She wanted a smaller one until she went to look at them. Now our towing needs are even greater than when I ordered the 3500, but I expected that. Hence the dually and the HO engine.

Cummins0867

Reaction score
Ironically I've always liked white vehicles the most. I ordered a new white power wagon. Here's my old one. There's just something about the white and black combo.
Hey thats a sharp truck...I wish you could get the Power Wagon with a Cummins.....Yeah I like the blacked out look. My 2017 Ram 2500 was Pearl white. I usually go for the Silver or Gray. Most of the Ram colors are too dark. I like your front license plate...LOL I'm Retired Army just under 30 years. I was enlisted for half and then went to OCS. It was like starting all over again....I really had a lot of fun (Team Leader/Squad leader time was the best) over 20 years at the Company level!...fun times!!!

borracho

Reaction score
Went max steel as well. Looks absolutely fantastic in the sunlight. Saw *one* on my local dealers lot earlier in the year. A hundred greys and whites. Seen maybe 2-3 max steele vehicles on the road in all the months since despite always looking lol. I think it looks 10/10 with the chrome badging and grille, too, assuming you don’t go night edition. I will say that I was *thiiiiis* close to getting Del Red w/night edition, but in the end, I thought that limited grille was too nice to cover up in all black. Plus, not gonna lie, I might have chickened out a tad at the prospect of owning a red truck. But man, that combo does look great.

Can’t say much about the dirt showing part on max steel, but I doubt I’ll have an issue with it personally, as I own a black truck now and don’t really get why everyone avoids it because “it gets dirty easily.” Always looks good to me, but I don’t drive it around in either dirt every day either, so to each their own.
Ugh. You're throwing a monkey wrench in my build plans. I am just about to place an order on a 3500 limited DRW megacab. I am (or I was anyway) pretty set on night edition, had just been debating last few options and trying to figure out the color. The colors I'd been thinking were delmonico, billet silver or max steel. I think the first two would look fantastic with the night edition but after reading your comment regarding the limited grill blacked out I tend to agree with that...ugh. Pretty torn on what color to go with. It'd help to find a local example of max steel but I've yet to see one live in the flesh and pics are hard to gauge.

Taleraas02

Reaction score
Ugh. You're throwing a monkey wrench in my build plans. I am just about to place an order on a 3500 limited DRW megacab. I am (or I was anyway) pretty set on night edition, had just been debating last few options and trying to figure out the color. The colors I'd been thinking were delmonico, billet silver or max steel. I think the first two would look fantastic with the night edition but after reading your comment regarding the limited grill blacked out I tend to agree with that...ugh. Pretty torn on what color to go with. It'd help to find a local example of max steel but I've yet to see one live in the flesh and pics are hard to gauge.
They are next to impossible to find in person right now, I agree. I would say give it a day or two and just go with your gut. You’re the one who has to look at it in your driveway every day! Your preference is what matters. They’re all gonna look good. Tons of people love night edition (myself included). Can’t go wrong

BrentD86

Reaction score
I ordered a laramie, not a limited but I ordered the sport appearance package. Painted bumpers and black interior accents but keeps the chrome grill

Thedaran

Reaction score
I ordered a laramie, not a limited but I ordered the sport appearance package. Painted bumpers and black interior accents but keeps the chrome grill
Im building a laramie. If only the sport package made the tow mirrors black instead of chrome!

Roaminglost

Reaction score
I ordered a 2022 3500 HO Cummins Big Horn 7/26 and it's currently in scheduling status.

mtbgordon

Reaction score
Just talked to my dealer and got an estimated ship date of 8/19. Will let me know when that date arrives if we are still good. Expecting shipping into Maryland 2-3 weeks, then another week from Maryland to my dealer in PA. Best case scenario I will see it by the end of September.

James_setz2784

Reaction score
Just talked to my dealer and got an estimated ship date of 8/19. Will let me know when that date arrives if we are still good. Expecting shipping into Maryland 2-3 weeks, then another week from Maryland to my dealer in PA. Best case scenario I will see it by the end of September.
What dealer in Pa and which trim level? Order date? I’m also from Pa over in the Pittsburgh area

HULKSMASHES

Reaction score
is there a way to check the status without calling the dealer? i never gave my email address to them so how am i supposed to find out?

Users who are viewing this thread