Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

tolym

Reaction score
Ordered last Friday. Got a VIN today

Same here. Ordered on Saturday, today I got an email from Sandi that I have a vin already.
I was going to add power side steps but now we have to go through Stellantis and ask them to add the MY7 option.
She said it might take up to 2 weeks to find out if they add the option or not.
Oh well. If they decide not to, I’ll add aftermarket steps on the truck. I wasn’t expecting the vin this fast.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oneskeemer

Reaction score
@Oneskeemer I wish I had some insider access. But I'm just a layperson who had started making notes on what I was reading in this thread. And made my notes public with a form on top of it allowing people to add some of their details on their own.

If there was an API out there allowing me to access more details, I'd be all over it.

I simply rely on people submitting their info through the form, making a comment on the sheet itself, sending me a PM, or watching for new posts on this thread.
Thanks for what ya do, regardless!!!!

mr wayne

Reaction score
Same here. Ordered on Saturday, today I got an email from Sandi that I have a vin already.
I was going to add power side steps but now we have to go through Stellantis and ask them to add the MY7 option.
Oh well. If they decide not to, I’ll add aftermarket steps on the truck. I wasn’t expecting the vin this fast.

Yeah I didn't add in 5th wheel prep pkg. As soon as I drove off I regretted it. Aaron at Mark Dodge put in a request for it this morning. Hope it happens.

tla90

Reaction score
Any one know if the 2022 Limited 2500 can be ordered without fender flares? & is it possible to get the 8.4 screen instead of the 12" screen in a limited? I know goofy questions. Just trying to get exactly what i want. Thanks!
I ordered a Longhorn with the 8.4" screen, and when I built a Limited a while back on the website, I could do it. You just can't have the Level 1 group. Looks like that isn't an option on the Limited trucks now, so you might try and call a dealer and inquire.

They also made the build thing where you can't get the air suspension without getting the Cummins. I definitely ordered it on my 22 Hemi

Ron Hivner

Reaction score
I ordered my truck last month and got the VIN today. Anybody know if and how I can add any options? Dealer told me I couldn't do the LED headlights with the Big Horn.

rmzachar

Reaction score

I ordered last Wednesday from Sandi and haven't heard back on a VIN. She said to wait a week or so then ask so I haven't bothered her. Did you ask for the VIN or did she send it on her own? Just curious.

tla90

Reaction score
I ordered last Wednesday from Sandi and haven't heard back on a VIN. She said to wait a week or so then ask so I haven't bothered her. Did you ask for the VIN or did she send it on her own? Just curious.
I asked, but waited a few weeks. She's super busy, but also very helpful. I figured it didn't matter if I had it immediately or not. Truck wouldn't be built for a while anyway

rmzachar

Reaction score
I asked, but waited a few weeks. She's super busy, but also very helpful. I figured it didn't matter if I had it immediately or not. Truck wouldn't be built for a while anyway
Yeah, when I talked to her last Wednesday she was at the dealership training some more help for her so I know they are slammed.

lovmoney69

Reaction score
I got my Vin from ram chat but they told me the dealership had more updated info on status than they do

Dirt Diggler

HDRams' Mark Wahlberg
Reaction score
You can typically get a good sense of when your truck is bring built by watching to see if the window sticker is live. When I ordered my 2019 1500 I was told to add my vin to the end of the link below and monitor it. My truck shipped about 2 weeks after the sticker went live. Arrived at the dealer 1 week after shipment.

tacotime

Reaction score
I got my Vin from ram chat but they told me the dealership had more updated info on status than they do
Same thing for me. I gave Ram chat my VON and they were able to get me my VIN#. I reached out to my dealer about a week later and he gave me a est shipping date. When I checked back with Ram chat today all they told me was the parts have been gathered and production will be starting very soon.

tolym

Reaction score

I wasn’t going to ask about a vin until 10 days passes but I emailed to add an option which wasn’t supposed to be an issue without a vin but we were both surprised to have a vin 2 days later. Now we have to make request to add the option instead of just making the change.

mwalsh9152

Reaction score
I had to ask Aaron for mine. I didnt bother until about 3-4 weeks after ordering.

BighornHDRam

Reaction score
I ordered my truck last month and got the VIN today. Anybody know if and how I can add any options? Dealer told me I couldn't do the LED headlights with the Big Horn.
I ran into this exact same issue on a 3500 Bighorn build, they kept telling me maybe it's included in the Level B Equipment Group but was waiting for an answer from there Regional Rep at Mark Dodge.

The easiest way to add Premium Lights to a Bighorn is to add the Tech Package. Another member told me about this.

Users who are viewing this thread