Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

mccarthym28

Reaction score
The issue that I have with this is they ALL have to be wired......not trying to be negative.....but.....Ram gives you the Camera's, wiring etc....but only for 1 (ONE) trailer....Many people have more than one trailer, boat trailers, cargo trailers, utility trailers etc..... I want 4 WIRELESS cameras all with their own mounting system (suction cup/velcro etc....) rechargeable, internal battery power That I can quickly move/mount from trailer to trailer (reconnect via bluetooth) and that stays on ALL the time when moving down the road. I need the cameras while moving down the road just as much as when I'm backing/parking the trailer. These are 2022 (not 1982) trucks we have the technology why not build it and sell it???...so we can keep people even safer? My 2020 Riverstone Legacy 5th wheel has the Furrion wireless camera system and it is AWESOME.....I know who's behind, beside me (both sides) all the time while moving down the Interstate. It especially comes in handy when changing lanes and exiting the highway...really an Awesome system that works!....ok...I'll get off of my soap box.
I'd agree, I'd much rather buy a wireless system and use a monitor than only be able to use on one trailer.

huck1974

Reaction score
I only got the camera for the 5th wheel. Don't need it for my other trailers. I can see behind the gooseneck and bumper pulls just fine without it.

BenCummins

Reaction score
Crap, Sandi didn't say anything about the 360° trailer camera system when I was going through my 2022 order process. I'm going to be disappointed verging on mad if I can't get that added to my build, especially since I wanted to go through the options line by line and listened to her about the 2022 options being basically all the same as the 2021.
When did you order? I made changes to mine with a VIN a week after I got it an they where accepted.

One of the changes I made was to remove the trailer surround view camera system because it didn’t make sense to have it for reasons already stated in this thread.

Last edited:

Jim9634

Reaction score
Any one know if the 2022 Limited 2500 can be ordered without fender flares? & is it possible to get the 8.4 screen instead of the 12" screen in a limited? I know goofy questions. Just trying to get exactly what i want. Thanks!

RAM_Dad

Reaction score
Any one know if the 2022 Limited 2500 can be ordered without fender flares? & is it possible to get the 8.4 screen instead of the 12" screen in a limited? I know goofy questions. Just trying to get exactly what i want. Thanks!
Nope and nope, have to go down to a big horn if you want both of those.

dragon_ram

Reaction score
Here is my build, the wait is on! Sure hope I get it before the end of the year. Anyone else order from Dennis Dillon? My local dealer would only do msrp, Dennis Dillon gave me the best price from everywhere I called. View attachment 20349
Wow, that looks like just under 12% off MSRP. Dennis Dillon wasn’t offering that kind of discount for a good while. Hope they’re coming back to their known-for pricing.

dragon_ram

Reaction score
When I park the 5th wheel I can take the 7" screen out of the truck and plug it in inside the RV and use it as a security system...it plugs into a USB for power/recharge. I have a camera in the rear, one on each side of the RV integrated into the front side corners parking light that face down the side of the RV. There's also a camera above the side door of the RV. I can access all of these cameras at the same time with the 7" screen that came with the system. Really an awesome system.
What’s your camera system package or model?

Lamiglas

Reaction score
Wow, that looks like just under 12% off MSRP. Dennis Dillon wasn’t offering that kind of discount for a good while. Hope they’re coming back to their known-for pricing.
Yes, I am glad to see that as well. When I asked them about invoice minus holdbacks they said nope, couldn't do it, and said they were not matching prices right now.

yre1423

Reaction score
Ordered 6/26/21 Just was Chatting on RAM Chat this is what they had to say. 8/9/21
Thank you so much for holding. I am showing all of the materials needed to start the build process have been received. The vehicle should be entering the build process shortly.

Attachments

• SmyserPOC 2022 Ram Build D Firm.pdf
    4.2 KB · Views: 65

lewis42

Reaction score
Yes, I am glad to see that as well. When I asked them about invoice minus holdbacks they said nope, couldn't do it, and said they were not matching prices right now.
I was worried if my price they gave me was competitive, sounds like just under 12% is a good price these days?

Jock_E_Shift

Reaction score
Original order date of 5/6/21.Sequence # NG100534. Just received an email from my dealer saying my truck has officially started being built. Had an email a couple weeks earlier with an 8/9 build date.

Last edited:

brv10

has the scoop
Reaction score
When I park the 5th wheel I can take the 7" screen out of the truck and plug it in inside the RV and use it as a security system...it plugs into a USB for power/recharge. I have a camera in the rear, one on each side of the RV integrated into the front side corners parking light that face down the side of the RV. There's also a camera above the side door of the RV. I can access all of these cameras at the same time with the 7" screen that came with the system. Really an awesome system.
That sounds like a great system,what I would like to have is to be able to access all the cameras on the truck,front,sides and rear while it is parked to monitor them and or for theft reasons,if someone were to bump or hit the truck I could chirp the horn and see the vehicle or person that did it,I will put in a suggestion for that,might get me a coffee mug!

22RAMAlazan

Reaction score
Just spoke to Ram Chat. I asked for order status and they responded stating it is still in "scheduling phase" and when parts are available they will schedule it. For reference: NG107754

sconym

Reaction score
I’m guessing framing means build?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This was posted earlier in the thread (118 pages ago!!!), but might be a good time to bring back up as factory starts up today and we are seeing more and more statuses change...

Build codes.
Unscheduled:
BA
– order entered in system by dealer
BB – fleet order only – review by bid department
BD – special equipment processing
BE – edit error – coding error which must be corrected before order can be scheduled
BG – order has passes edit but cannot be scheduled regardless of sold status
BX – good order available for scheduling

Reason Codes:
F – Finance hold – automatic cancellation after 15 days
B – Model or option build out. Your order exists but isn't fully confirmed yet. Plant doesn't know about it yet. Systems are checking the order to ensure it's valid in terms of sales codes.
L – Material restriction
M – Material hold (fleet)
ZA – canceled order

Scheduled:
C – Tentative schedule. Your order is "subfirm". The plant can see the order at this point but it's not fully committed to building as the supplier may or may not be able to get parts to the plant to build the vehicle.
D – Firm schedule: serial number assigned. Firm order. Your order now has a name instead of a number:
D1 – Gate line: unit sequenced for production, est. ship date assigned.
The date is set for your truck to be built. The plant knows when it should have parts sequenced for building and it should start to be built within 48 hours of the date set.
D2 - It's going to be built. The computers are being programmed, materials are being sequenced, framing is about to occur.

Build:
E – Framing. Metal is welded together to form the body and frame. The body is inspected at the end of this step to ensure it's within tolerances.
F – Paint. The metal is coated, primed, sprayed, clearcoated, polished, inspected, and hand finished if necessary.
G – Trim. The engine is installed in the chassis, the interior is installed, the chassis is mated to the body, the bed is put on. At the end of this, your new vehicle is built.

Built:
I – unit built, pending final inspection. Your vehicle goes through a battery of shakedown tests and measurements are taken to ensure the vehicle looks and performs as expected.
J – Vehicle passed final inspection but not released to carrier

Get your Build Sheet here: https://fcacommunity.force.com/RAM/s/equipment-listing

JB – shipped to body vendor. JB/KZP-The vehicle is sent off site to have a spray liner put in, steps, etc.
JE – shipped to emissions
JJ – consigned to body vendor
JS – shipped to storage
KZ – released by plant and invoiced. The truck is ready to be shipped. The dealer is actually charged for the truck. As you all know, this can be a source of delay. Typically you see two statuses here: Awaiting Shipment and "Staged for Shipment".

Traffic Codes:
KZ L – released but not shipped
KZ M – first rail departure
KZ N – first rail arrival
KZ O – delayed/received
KZ OA – plant hold, quality audit
KZ OB – zone, dealer, sales, vehicle prep, tax, diversion or derailment hold, dealer refusal, vehicle diverted
KZ OC – carrier delay, strike-bound, emission or safety hold, rail car shortage, bad or insufficient load, inclement weather, need shipping order, manifest error
KZ OD – mechanical failure, glass damage, vehicle in repair, lacking parts or storage hold
KZ OE – misdropped or misshipped vehicle
KZ OF – shipped air freight, stolen vehicle recovered, show vehicle, test info code, vessel sailed
KZ OG – damaged vehicle, stolen vehicle, abandon to carrier, vehicle scrapped, donate vehicle, repair and auction
KZ OH – all other “O” type carrier codes
KZ T – second rail departure
KZ U – second rail arrival
KZ X – delivered to dealer
KZ Y1 – major damage – must not be sold as new
KZ Y2 – major damage – vehicle sold at auction

KZX - Delivered to your dealer!

Jock_E_Shift

Reaction score
This was posted earlier in the thread (118 pages ago!!!), but might be a good time to bring back up as factory starts up today and we are seeing more and more statuses change...

Build codes.
Unscheduled:
BA
– order entered in system by dealer
BB – fleet order only – review by bid department
BD – special equipment processing
BE – edit error – coding error which must be corrected before order can be scheduled
BG – order has passes edit but cannot be scheduled regardless of sold status
BX – good order available for scheduling

Reason Codes:
F – Finance hold – automatic cancellation after 15 days
B – Model or option build out. Your order exists but isn't fully confirmed yet. Plant doesn't know about it yet. Systems are checking the order to ensure it's valid in terms of sales codes.
L – Material restriction
M – Material hold (fleet)
ZA – canceled order

Scheduled:
C – Tentative schedule. Your order is "subfirm". The plant can see the order at this point but it's not fully committed to building as the supplier may or may not be able to get parts to the plant to build the vehicle.
D – Firm schedule: serial number assigned. Firm order. Your order now has a name instead of a number:
D1 – Gate line: unit sequenced for production, est. ship date assigned.
The date is set for your truck to be built. The plant knows when it should have parts sequenced for building and it should start to be built within 48 hours of the date set.
D2 - It's going to be built. The computers are being programmed, materials are being sequenced, framing is about to occur.

Build:
E – Framing. Metal is welded together to form the body and frame. The body is inspected at the end of this step to ensure it's within tolerances.
F – Paint. The metal is coated, primed, sprayed, clearcoated, polished, inspected, and hand finished if necessary.
G – Trim. The engine is installed in the chassis, the interior is installed, the chassis is mated to the body, the bed is put on. At the end of this, your new vehicle is built.

Built:
I – unit built, pending final inspection. Your vehicle goes through a battery of shakedown tests and measurements are taken to ensure the vehicle looks and performs as expected.
J – Vehicle passed final inspection but not released to carrier

Get your Build Sheet here: https://fcacommunity.force.com/RAM/s/equipment-listing

JB – shipped to body vendor. JB/KZP-The vehicle is sent off site to have a spray liner put in, steps, etc.
JE – shipped to emissions
JJ – consigned to body vendor
JS – shipped to storage
KZ – released by plant and invoiced. The truck is ready to be shipped. The dealer is actually charged for the truck. As you all know, this can be a source of delay. Typically you see two statuses here: Awaiting Shipment and "Staged for Shipment".

Traffic Codes:
KZ L – released but not shipped
KZ M – first rail departure
KZ N – first rail arrival
KZ O – delayed/received
KZ OA – plant hold, quality audit
KZ OB – zone, dealer, sales, vehicle prep, tax, diversion or derailment hold, dealer refusal, vehicle diverted
KZ OC – carrier delay, strike-bound, emission or safety hold, rail car shortage, bad or insufficient load, inclement weather, need shipping order, manifest error
KZ OD – mechanical failure, glass damage, vehicle in repair, lacking parts or storage hold
KZ OE – misdropped or misshipped vehicle
KZ OF – shipped air freight, stolen vehicle recovered, show vehicle, test info code, vessel sailed
KZ OG – damaged vehicle, stolen vehicle, abandon to carrier, vehicle scrapped, donate vehicle, repair and auction
KZ OH – all other “O” type carrier codes
KZ T – second rail departure
KZ U – second rail arrival
KZ X – delivered to dealer
KZ Y1 – major damage – must not be sold as new
KZ Y2 – major damage – vehicle sold at auction

KZX - Delivered to your dealer!

I heard that they are not using build codes anymore.

Users who are viewing this thread