Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

Christofo

Reaction score
Since you work for a dealer, any idea when the brochure for the 2022 will become public?
I've been reading there may/are some changes on the grille from the 2021 HD to match/resemble the 2022 1500.
We are ALL purchasing trucks that we don't know excatly what it will look like.
I didn't even think about this, I hope the grill doesn't change.. I prefer the 21 HD grill over the 2022 1500.

Reaction score
I didn't even think about this, I hope the grill doesn't change.. I prefer the 21 HD grill over the 2022 1500.
I completely agree that the HD looks better than the newer 1500’s. While I doubt they would bother making any changes at this point with the anticipated redesign so close, and they have already published the 22 ordering changes, I guess there is always a chance. Wish Ram would update the website already since you can’t build or order a 21 anymore and 22 production is slated to start very soon.

brv10

has the scoop
Reaction score
I completely agree that the HD looks better than the newer 1500’s. While I doubt they would bother making any changes at this point with the anticipated redesign so close, and they have already published the 22 ordering changes, I guess there is always a chance. Wish Ram would update the website already since you can’t build or order a 21 anymore and 22 production is slated to start very soon.
Anticipated redesign?

Reaction score
Anticipated redesign?
The standing rumor is the HD line will get the larger cab design from the half-tons maybe as soon as 2023 but that’s just pure speculation. The once prevailing rumor was it was suppose to happen for 2022 but the current state of the industry (COVID/material shortage) caused it to get pushed back.

Akbison

Reaction score
Dealer told me today that the truck is in D1 status. This thread moves pretty quick so it's hard to keep up but hopefully that is accurate.

JohnWedell

Reaction score
Does anyone know if the tradesmans are at the front, middle or back of the line or are they all mixed together.

Christofo

Reaction score
Does anyone know if the tradesmans are at the front, middle or back of the line or are they all mixed together.

I starting to think it's going by option packages,my Bighorn build number is lumped in with a bunch of limiteds and laramies

I think it is by order date. Sort this by sequence and look at the dates. Assuming they build them in order of the number, not sure.

tla90

Reaction score
Dealer told me today that the truck is in D1 status. This thread moves pretty quick so it's hard to keep up but hopefully that is accurate.
My canceled 2021 order has not been built yet. I check it periodically to see progress of '22 builds. The order was put in on 4/29

4x4 Hemi Longhorn
Air Suspension
8.4" screen
Sunroof
Snow Chief
Safety Group
Aux switches
Ctr stop lamp w/camera
some other junk

sconym

Reaction score
My canceled 2021 order has not been built yet. I check it periodically to see progress of '22 builds. The order was put in on 4/29

4x4 Hemi Longhorn
Air Suspension
8.4" screen
Sunroof
Snow Chief
Safety Group
Aux switches
Ctr stop lamp w/camera
some other junk
Do you have a VIN number yet?

brv10

has the scoop
Reaction score
I think it is by order date. Sort this by sequence and look at the dates. Assuming they build them in order of the number, not sure.

With the amount of material the need to collect for each build I would think the RPO number would override the order date,it would make it easier to source and organize the parts needed,otherwise they would be bouncing all over the place

Users who are viewing this thread