Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

Mercellugnut

Reaction score
Does anyone know how often rail cars leave the plant. I have a ship date of 11/23 and I have seen people post a day before mine and a day after. I know these dates are made up but I am curious how often trains leave headed north.

rockman88

Reaction score
I hope they’re wrong. I’ve owned a couple fiberglass tonneaus from Leer and never had an issue. Ordered this one so I could still use the remote tailgate :) hopefully it isn’t as bad as they are saying.

Leer makes the fiberglass covers in Elkhart. High quality and what they are known for.

They outsource the folding hard cover tonneaus to Access.

So, the quality from the fiberglass products may not extend… Which was my thought too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thompsre08

Reaction score
Good luck been in the rail yard for 26 days unloaded with 80 miles to go. Ram is paying less than other brands so the trucks wait
Oh man I’ll drive the 5 hrs to the rail yard and start kicking and screaming. Thankfully Spokane railyard isnt a super huge distribution hub.

tyler2you

Reaction score
Haha! The race is on! ... what do you plan on towing ? I'm a little concerned about the payload ... but didn't want to go with the RWD
@PASTOR55 I'll be towing a 27 foot Airstream. I'll be well within payload on the 3500. It was borderline on the 2500. Mainly wanted the diesel and Aisin for towing in the mountains out west. I previously towed with a gas GMC that always felt maxed out from an RPM and trans temp standpoint once I got above 7K ft. and 5% grade.

DougB

Reaction score
My truck is due into port 11/15 - Looks like it went on the train the same day the window sticker posted. Sandi said it could take up to 3 weeks to move from the port to the dealership, I really hope that is not the case.

View attachment 25541
When did you get this update? Mine is supposedly on same train looking at our matching ship date/time. Original ETA was 11/16 but yesterday around lunch Sandi gave me an update that it pushed to 11/22. If you got that update today then maybe it pulled back in.

1636776129257.png

ACEd

Reaction score
When did you get this update? Mine is supposedly on same train looking at our matching ship date/time. Original ETA was 11/16 but yesterday around lunch Sandi gave me an update that it pushed to 11/22. If you got that update today then maybe it pulled back in.

View attachment 25586
Its a long train - yours is at the back end. Mine is at the front end due 11/15 but I have not gotten any updates - so your 11/22 may be better current data

DougB

Reaction score
Its a long train - yours is at the back end. Mine is at the front end due 11/15 but I have not gotten any updates - so your 11/22 may be better current data
Damn! 7 day long train!! Sucks to be at a RR crossing with it going by! ;)

I can’t go get mine till December anyway so I’m not in a rush but fingers crossed for the rest of y’all on that same train!

iflyskyhigh

Reaction score
@PASTOR55 I'll be towing a 27 foot Airstream. I'll be well within payload on the 3500. It was borderline on the 2500. Mainly wanted the diesel and Aisin for towing in the mountains out west. I previously towed with a gas GMC that always felt maxed out from an RPM and trans temp standpoint once I got above 7K ft. and 5% grade.

I’m gonna be pulling a 30’ Airstream out west with 2500 and I know it’s within payload. So a 3500 for sure is.

rauan

Reaction score

View attachment 25586
Mine is arriving one day later. Sandi said with 5 drivers for entire Louisiana it may take up to 3 weeks to get them to MD. Does anyone have any estimation how long it is taking to get them from Port Allen to the dealership.

1636777744460.png

Thebuilderman

Reaction score
Hey all,
so I only know criptosticker and the mopar site. I only ordered my truck on 10/15 so I’m not expecting anything but just For giggles I plugged my vin into the mopar site and it comes back with, “We’re sorry we had a problem loading your vehicle, please try again.” Kind of like Ramcrap But worse.
Im wondering if it’s because the order is so new or maybe there’s a better site? Seems some folks who ordered on the 29th are seeing more info?
Can someone give any advice. Here’s the vin. 3C63R3RL1NG189916
Thanks

Reactions: J-J

brv10

has the scoop
Reaction score
Ram chat tells me my order, which I received a build sheet for yesterday, is now “in transit to the dealer, estimated delivery date of 11/23-12/6.” Can I take this as KZ status? Did I apparently luck out and avoid any sort of storage delays? No window sticker yet, but based on what I’ve read here, that may take a few days to populate.
Not sure how that could happen if you just got a build sheet but no window sticker.

Thebuilderman

Reaction score
Finally pick up the new truck. 9/11 order date! Made the 1000 mile trip with no issues! Mark dodge was the best no hassle buying experience! 10% below invoice! Met me at the airport! Brandon myers is awesome salesman!
I too would like to know. Would you mind clarifying? Mark Dodge does 5% under invoice as does about 4 places around the country and nobody does 10% under invoice that I found. I’m thinking you meant 10% under MSRP?

VA99

Reaction score
Just curious about empty mpg you are all getting with 2022 HOs with the new cp3 pump? thank you.

matemike

Reaction score
I just ordered a 2500 Limited, Hemi, 3.73, 4x4, Night Edition. Mostly a daily driver as I have a 70 mile round trip commute a few days a week.
I wish descriptions were more inclusive when listing all the Limited's standard features. Not just "includes all standard features of model below", plus X,Y, Z.

I did not want a diesel because I tow a 7200lb camper only 5% of the time. Also didn't want the $9400 price increase and I retain some payload by sticking with Hemi. I'll never run out of towing capacity before I hit my payload cap. And finally because I've heard from too many folks driving any brand of truck with diesels that they are running around in limp mode because emission sensors are picky or DEF issues, whatever.

So as far as I could learn here, the 2500 Limited edition already has heated/vented leather bucket seats, power running boards, tow/haul, the reverse lamps and sensors, a reverse camera and the heated powered tow mirrors and most importantly trailer braking. That's all I'd ever need as far as towing technology goes.
So I did not Opt for the Tow technology group because all it said in the ram info was "Surround view camera system" which I do not want/need.

I did not want the Level 1 Equipment group either because it has all the lane keep assist and adaptive steering and trailer reverse guidance and HK speakers. No thanks. I also did not opt for the CHMSL camera..

I did however a-la-carte the digital rear view mirror to use. Description says Tow-mode. Curious to see how it help when towing a camper. Can't see anything out of a regular rear view mirror when towing a camper, so I thought a camera view of the trailer and hitch might be more useful. Reading about lots of folks liking that camera.

I got a 220A alternator. 4x4 package, clearance lamps and RAMBox delete to retain room in the bed.

I almost selected back-up alarm, thinking it was the beep warning when you get close to something, but learned it is an external alarm like a forklift when in reverse. eww!

I'm certain I built the perfect truck for me for the next 10+ years.

VON Nov 08, VIN Nov 10.
Build sheet attached.

Attachments

• thumbnail_FBF333B5-4032-458B-89D8-3FC2E6210ECD.jpg
    thumbnail_FBF333B5-4032-458B-89D8-3FC2E6210ECD.jpg
    111.5 KB · Views: 36

ACEd

Reaction score
Hey all,
so I only know criptosticker and the mopar site. I only ordered my truck on 10/15 so I’m not expecting anything but just For giggles I plugged my vin into the mopar site and it comes back with, “We’re sorry we had a problem loading your vehicle, please try again.” Kind of like Ramcrap But worse.
Im wondering if it’s because the order is so new or maybe there’s a better site? Seems some folks who ordered on the 29th are seeing more info?
Can someone give any advice. Here’s the vin. 3C63R3RL1NG189916
Thanks
Nothing will come up on the Equipment List or Window Sticker until the truck is built - no point in checking this soon - most recent trucks to come up were ordered before mid September

Users who are viewing this thread