Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

beckty85

Reaction score
I know on the 2021s, RAM kept blind spot monitoring on the Limited trims but removed on everything lower. Not sure about the 2022's....really hoping it's on the lower trims because that would be my only reason to consider jumping to Limited.
My friend got it in his 21 Laramie.

agtcovert

Reaction score
I know on the 2021s, RAM kept blind spot monitoring on the Limited trims but removed on everything lower. Not sure about the 2022's....really hoping it's on the lower trims because that would be my only reason to consider jumping to Limited.
I was going to do a Laramie, but the price difference on the options I wanted was minor enough for me that I just went all in on a Limited. From what I can tell BSM was a separate option entirely because of the chip shortage.

Guess I'll see how long it takes to get mine

Surf2snow1

Reaction score
I assume they’ll keep everything the way it is now. They have things down, so I don’t expect them to muck it all up just to save some microchips. Guessing that at the start, the first blind spot orders will go through on time. Give it a few months, supplies will start to dwindle if their supply chain hasn’t been fixed, then we’ll see delays on trucks with the blind spot package.

RAM_Dad

Reaction score
I guess it's something the dealers can add? It won't let you add it on the online configurator, if you do then it removes all of your other packages. I'll have to ask Sandi!

beckty85

Reaction score
I guess it's something the dealers can add? It won't let you add it on the online configurator, if you do then it removes all of your other packages. I'll have to ask Sandi!
Yes. Sandi added it. When I did it online I would lose most the night package and some other stuff.

Jock_E_Shift

Reaction score
View attachment 17830

ordering this build in a couple days.
Toss up from this or bighorn.
But I think the vinyl seats and no carpet floor are going to best suit me. Heavy outdoors and hunting and always a lot of dirt, mud, burrs and gear.

have an extra discount being applied for a first responder program they have. Waiting for an update on the discount before I order.

started this process looking at the 2021’s and got a quote. It’s a pretty nice discount, at least I think so.
I also ordered May 6th with vinyl seats and vinyl floor. I love the way the vinyl floor looks armor alled up to a nice shine, plus I'm going to put a nice set of fitted seat covers on, so no need for cloth seats.

Grand Rocky

Reaction score
Save your Window Sticker, It will state at the top center "The vehicle was built especially for [your name]." Not a big deal, but a nice little touch.

And I agree with the above comment; after ordering a vehicle this way and using the FCA Affiliate Reward, I'll never step foot on a dealer lot again to purchase, only to look and drive or to pick-up my order. We have a Telsa also, the the order direct and delivery from the manufacture needs to take hold for the other manufactures. The days of spending 8-9 hours at each dealership neogiating every single element of the deal, I hope are coming to an end!

Last edited:

msoto

Reaction score
MyFast70, I hope I have the pleasure of speaking with and/or assisting you in the future. Now back to the topic at hand and ordering 2022 Ram Trucks... What is the difference between Tow Mode Camera and Trailer Surround View and how do they work? Go!....
I’m very interested in the difference between these two as well since I ordered my limited 3500 with tow mode camera thinking it was the same as the trailer surround view. When they would add the trailer surround view it would remove the limited level 1 equipment group so I’m guessing the trailer surround camera is included with the limited equipment group? FYI I’m in AZ only a couple of miles from the Chapman dealer. I tried all the dealers around this area and no one would budge at all on the price for a factory order and turned me away.

CJM

Reaction score
Just to let you know, build pricing is not set in stone until invoiced, which occurs when released from the plant and shipped. Although we hope for the best, we have seen a change once in a great while. And, with steel going up, chips in shortage, and transportation challenges, we are questioning how pricing may change in the next 16 weeks while our orders are produced. . ;-)

This is one reason I am glad I am a Canadian order! We are price guaranteed and we also receive the best incentive
offered by FCA during our order. I currently have a $6250 + $1250 FCA incentive on my order.

Last edited:

KevoTheFord

Reaction score
This is one reason I am glad I am a Canadian order! We are price guaranteed and we also receive the best incentive
offered by FCA during our order. I currently have a $6250 + $1250 FCA incentive on my order.
What is the $1250 FCA incentive? I have been going back and looking at the best promo since I ordered my 2021 in January and the $6250 was the best I think, trying to see if I missed anything

BroKV

Reaction score
I went into my dealer knowing ahead of time what my payment terms should be, what I was comfortable with. I found the truck I wanted, got the add-ons I wanted, got the trade in value I was expecting and walked out with the truck. If they couldn’t meet any of those things without “settling”, then I would have walked away. No harm or foul.

My daughter’s boyfriend is looking for a new Tundra since he just wrecked his new Tundra (bought in May) and the one he wants is 10k over MSRP. Problem is, someone will pay it. The powers that be in these dealerships are the ones saying they must sell over MSRP, no one is telling the dealership to do it. Since dealerships are starting to do it, others are following suit. I talked to my salesman who said Ford and Chevy in their auto mall are over MSRP and he was worried they were next.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

ZOption

Reaction score
I went into my dealer knowing ahead of time what my payment terms should be, what I was comfortable with. I found the truck I wanted, got the add-ons I wanted, got the trade in value I was expecting and walked out with the truck. If they couldn’t meet any of those things without “settling”, then I would have walked away. No harm or foul.

My daughter’s boyfriend is looking for a new Tundra since he just wrecked his new Tundra (bought in May) and the one he wants is 10k over MSRP. Problem is, someone will pay it. The powers that be in these dealerships are the ones saying they must sell over MSRP, no one is telling the dealership to do it. Since dealerships are starting to do it, others are following suit. I talked to my salesman who said Ford and Chevy in their auto mall are over MSRP and he was worried they were next.

The problem is supply and demand. Some dealer lots are half empty or worse. It will eventually get back to normal, but the chip shortage is causing prices on everything to go up. My 2016 Ram Ecodiesel with 55k miles is only about 8k less than I paid brand new when it was in the mid 30's. The thought that I could sell it right now for 25k and its only a tradesman is crazy.

BroKV

Reaction score
The problem is supply and demand. Some dealer lots are half empty or worse. It will eventually get back to normal, but the chip shortage is causing prices on everything to go up. My 2016 Ram Ecodiesel with 55k miles is only about 8k less than I paid brand new when it was in the mid 30's. The thought that I could sell it right now for 25k and its only a tradesman is crazy.

Right, someone will pay the markup. Too bad everyone can’t contain themselves. Lol

CJM

Reaction score
What is the $1250 FCA incentive? I have been going back and looking at the best promo since I ordered my 2021 in January and the $6250 was the best I think, trying to see if I missed anything

Replied by PM.

jheller16

Reaction score
I traded a 2019 1500 in last week for my new 2022 2500 order. I bought it when there was a 25% rebate, so i was in it for 36k. Got 41k for it now. Crazy, absolutely crazy

FallsguyB

Reaction score
Add one more to the ‘Got a great deal from Sandi’ list. Whole ordering process took less than 20 minutes. Very friendly and quick responses. That’s how a dealership experience should always be. She got us a Limited for less than a bighorn goes for at home. We’ll be flying there from Oregon. All the local dealers in Oregon/Washington that I contacted were marking trucks up at least $4k over MSRP. (One dealer $12k).

Attachments

• 24182BD8-A30C-4D85-983B-050262C23109.jpeg
    24182BD8-A30C-4D85-983B-050262C23109.jpeg
    214.7 KB · Views: 153

agtcovert

Reaction score
Add one more to the ‘Got a great deal from Sandi’ list. Whole ordering process took less than 20 minutes. Very friendly and quick responses. That’s how a dealership experience should always be. She got us a Limited for less than a bighorn goes for at home. We’ll be flying there from Oregon. All the local dealers in Oregon/Washington that I contacted were marking trucks up at least $4k over MSRP. (One dealer $12k).
Nice build, almost exactly like the one I ordered. I was going to do a Laramie, but when you load one up, its price gets near Limited. I love the paint color, just went for night edition instead. Sandi told me she hoped delivery would be September, but if this last year has taught me anything, that's probably optimistic. I'm debating getting a calendar and putting an 'X' on every day. :D

Surf2snow1

Reaction score
2500 buyer here…jealous of the 50 gallon tank for $295 MSRP :)

Users who are viewing this thread