Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

Leadchuncker

Reaction score
Being military and on the move, I’m never in one spot long enough to establish myself with a local dealer. Some of you Sailors in here can stay in Norfolk, San Diego, and Jacksonville your whole careers…not for me.

So I had no issues buying from Mark Dodge, hell my previous two trucks came from Lufkin, TX and it wasn’t like I couldn’t get them serviced anywhere else.

That drive to North Carolina though, I did Dallas to VA Beach over night, not that bad. If I wasn’t traveling with the family, I’d make that drive for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Our adopted son is stationed at Norfolk. We are happy of that, it was going to be Washington state at first..

Leadchuncker

Reaction score
I can’t swear to this, but I think it has to be paid for within 7 days to hold your agreed price?
Like I said I’m not sure, so does anyone know if this is true?
I thought for sure you’d be in there with me.
Mine is getting front and rear bumpers replaced.
Hoping to catch a plane this weekend to Houston.
A Saturday flight would be only $169 on JetBlue.
Good luck again!
I’d like to send them a check for the balance.. I’ve got the insurance ready to be added, just have to decide about the tag.

Surgdoc4

Reaction score
My comment was really about consolidating sales to one location be it in TX or online. I was concerned about the availability of service work if dealers are taken out of the sales loop. Trade in your used vehicle and buy a new one without having to deal is appealing but It is potentially eliminating dealerships and therefore services. Would the MSRP be the fixed price for new and a quote from KBB the best price for used? Can of worms situation is understating the hurdles. Navigating the DMV online, title transfers, etc. Free Prozac prescription with every vehicle order might help.

kevin588127

Reaction score
My comment was really about consolidating sales to one location be it in TX or online. I was concerned about the availability of service work if dealers are taken out of the sales loop. Trade in your used vehicle and buy a new one without having to deal is appealing but It is potentially eliminating dealerships and therefore services. Would the MSRP be the fixed price for new and a quote from KBB the best price for used? Can of worms situation is understating the hurdles. Navigating the DMV online, title transfers, etc. Free Prozac prescription with every vehicle order might help.
Dealers will adapt. Before ordering from MD, I heard NOTHING but great things. This was my first new vehicle purchase and first time ordering. They made the ordering process very easy and were even willing to put stuff in writing. I've shopped new cars and various used dealers in the past and always left with a ****ty feeling about them, like they were trying every which way to screw me. MD gave me the opposite feeling. There are several volume dealers located around the country. Granger is 2 hours from me but they kinda failed during the quote process so I opted to travel a bit further.

RandomHero

Reaction score
Canadian order here, finally got a VIN and dealer says it’s “close”.
VIN is 3C6TR5EJ9NG342767 and I ordered April 12 2022. @OfficerDirtySanchez you can finally add me to the list for tracking purposes.
Ram power wagon level 3 no sunroof or safety group. Can anyone tell me how I can check this trucks location - VON on the new tracking website kicks back an error.

Leadchuncker

Reaction score
Dealers will adapt. Before ordering from MD, I heard NOTHING but great things. This was my first new vehicle purchase and first time ordering. They made the ordering process very easy and were even willing to put stuff in writing. I've shopped new cars and various used dealers in the past and always left with a ****ty feeling about them, like they were trying every which way to screw me. MD gave me the opposite feeling. There are several volume dealers located around the country. Granger is 2 hours from me but they kinda failed during the quote process so I opted to travel a bit further.
I talked to 4 different dealers within a hour of me and they point blank said whatever the msrp is add 20% . I threw the last one I talked to a curve ball. I handed him the build sheet I printed off and asked him to price it, after he entered everything again in his computer he stood up and said let me talk to the sales manager . I opened up my email from MD and said you’ll have to beat or match this price. He looked, tore up what he had printed off, and said have a great day….
MD may be 900 and some miles away but right off the bat I saved over $12,000.00.
I shouldn’t be bitching about the shipping BS but it’s my nature, my orders was placed the first part of February, it’s been built since May, shipped to port within 2 weeks and been setting at port for a month. It’s hot and my nerves are on edge…

99mo

Reaction score
Good points to consider. More than likely the future with most auto manufacturers expands online ordering. Dealers will always be there in some form. Especially with your trade-in. They definitely will have a fair number of used vehicles for sale. As far as the Prozac, Dr. pacnw1963 would prescribe alcohol...lots of it, j/k lol.

brv10

has the scoop
Reaction score
Canadian order here, finally got a VIN and dealer says it’s “close”.
VIN is 3C6TR5EJ9NG342767 and I ordered April 12 2022. @OfficerDirtySanchez you can finally add me to the list for tracking purposes.
Ram power wagon level 3 no sunroof or safety group. Can anyone tell me how I can check this trucks location - VON on the new tracking website kicks back an error.
You are KZX, go get it! 7/5 at 12:20pm

J-J

Reaction score
Wait! How many of these have you ordered and still aren’t driving!?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bro, it's been a terrible time. Everyone cross what ever they can maybe next week one of the longest standing orders will be filled.

Sent from my SM-F926U using Tapatalk

QuattroCS

Reaction score
Bro, it's been a terrible time. Everyone cross what ever they can maybe next week one of the longest standing orders will be filled.

Sent from my SM-F926U using Tapatalk
sorry to hear man, I hope you get it. I see 2 orders on the tracker, one canceled (09/08/21) and one from 01/26/22. I think you may have a good campfire story for your grandkids (when you have them).

mr hankey

Reaction score
I’d like to send them a check for the balance.. I’ve got the insurance ready to be added, just have to decide about the tag.
I know they like the money wired. I was just told I can have the insurance effective the day I pick it up.
Great finance guy Thomas at MD!

Reaction score
I can’t swear to this, but I think it has to be paid for within 7 days to hold your agreed price?
Like I said I’m not sure, so does anyone know if this is true?
I thought for sure you’d be in there with me.
Mine is getting front and rear bumpers replaced.
Hoping to catch a plane this weekend to Houston.
A Saturday flight would be only $169 on JetBlue.
Good luck again!
Interesting how many of us have waited many months past the "
sorry to hear man, I hope you get it. I see 2 orders on the tracker, one canceled (09/08/21) and one from 01/26/22. I think you may have a good campfire story for your grandkids (when you have them).
I'm a 1/4 order. Limited Hemi. Built 5/19. Arrival date appeared today (8/1) but no ship date. Hopefully shipping occurs soon!

OldJeepsNewTrucks

Reaction score
I've arrived on good fortune, luck, and maybe a little la brujeria...

@brv10 @OfficerDirtySanchez

Thank you for all y'all do for this forum. You've calmed or at least satiated the curiosity of many of our members. And you do it out of kindness, so sincerely, thank you.

And of course @Leadchuncker and @Bombaman my train twins. I can't explain why I got my truck today and y'all are still in PA. I have nothing but good energy y'alls way.

As most all have posted, it was worth it. Completed some empty driving to get the break in done, then some light towing of the TT. It's phenomenal over our old Ecodiesel 1500. The ride is great both empty and loaded, and the backseat of a megacab is basically a lounge area for a couple kids and a dog.

Now, the real fun begins. Which mods to buy first! I'm not leaving and love this forum and its great membership. Screenshot_20220707-000359_Gallery.jpg

Last edited:

AK_Rams

Reaction score
Well, I do believe that is the plan eventually. The world is changing, maybe the dealers should try to keep up. I gave several local dealers a shot and none would come off of MSRP. The one in town acted like I was bothering them and laughed when I showed them my quote from two other volume dealers. They are content to sell the 2 hds they get each month for 5k over MSRP. Rather short sighted to me but that is their business model I guess. I'll let them do my warranty or recall work but won't go to them for anything else. Going to MD saved me 7k over ordering local and about 13k vs buying one off their lot.
I'm right there with you..... I shopped around and brought my MD quote to my local dealers. They both didn't even try to give me a number and said good luck. My truck will go from Louisiana to Alaska and I will have saved a ton of money. Sad thing is I had bought my two previous rams from one of the dealers. They know people don't want to travel out of Alaska so they aren't to hard pressed to deal these days. It sucks, but such is life.

Users who are viewing this thread