Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

Burgs04

Reaction score
Koons in VA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wonder which port it goes to after leaving Mexico ?

For Koons I would guess USBAL

Aka Baltimore port. If the truck made it on this round, the ship, GRANDE MIRAFIORI, will be pulling into port later tonight, 6/29 @ 3:30 am. A person that has the scoop told me my truck is on this ship and Baltimore port is its unload destination.

2500Ram

Reaction score
Koons goes TX to IL to Baltimore - thats what is planned for mine. Of course don't plan on seeing the truck move much at a time LOL

Bigsnowman

Dumb Log Guy
Reaction score
Well Whitey finally showed up at MD. Only took almost 8 months. I tried to be patient and not bug either Sandi or Aaron to much. They've both been nothing short of magnificent this entire time! I'll post more pics when we pick her up. And thanks to everyone here as the conversation has been most excellent. 1700+ pages and I've learned a ton from you!!z22Whitey.jpg

Last edited:

Wholeo

Reaction score
Well Whitey finally showed up at MD. Only took almost 8 months. I tried to be patient and not bug either Sandi or Mark to much. They've both been nothing short of magnificent this entire time! I'll post more pics when we pick her up. And thanks to everyone here as the conversation has been most excellent. 1700+ pages and I've learned a ton from you!!View attachment 40314
Is that Pearl or Bright White ?

Bigsnowman

Dumb Log Guy
Reaction score
It's Bright White. We've got the pearl white on my wife's Sante Fe and it's beautiful. Mine is a work truck and I think the Bright looks a bit more fitting.

Wholeo

Reaction score
I ordered a pearl white mega cab night edition. I hope I like the combo if I ever get it.

DMORRIS24

Reaction score
My dealer called me and said my truck was in transit. I don't believe them but it does show that my truck has been built! Now it is just a waiting game to see when it actually makes it onto a train.
Really glad to have found this group. It is very interesting reading about everyone's journey.
I don't trust the Estimated delivery date on the tracking site. My truck took a week to get from Saltillo to Eagle Pass, TX and then only 2 days to get from there to Emporia, KS which is about half way to Michigan. Per dealer, ETA for delivery to Jefferson North Assembly plant in MI is July 5th. The Ram tracker keeps changing by about a month on delivery to Dealer; July 22 and Sept 18 and has switched between the 2 dates several times in the last week or so. Crossing my fingers for a 2nd week in July delivery.

brv10

has the scoop
Reaction score
I think mine is taking siesta in the shade drinking margaritas rather than getting itself on the train....

How do I tell when it's gonna get loaded.....or actually on a train car??

3C6UR5FL0NG342354
6/28,KZ

brv10

has the scoop
Reaction score
Ok so dealer just replied…

Built 5/18

From 5/19-6/24 it sat in “offsite-tracomex saltillo yard”

And then on 6/24 it went back to “plant- Saltillo truck assembly plant”

Now what?

Probably went back for the QC inspection

bmummert26

Reaction score
My Sale Rep messaged me on yesterday saying my truck left Mexico on Railcar Monday afternoon (6/27), but he does not know the freight info. The order status delivery date was updated to July 8th which is next week but it's not showing that it shipped. I am confused because my rep stated it is going to be a three week trip by rail to Baltimore and then another few days to get to the dealership. I'm looking forward to owning my first truck but I am thinking the end of the month is more likely. Is anyone on here able to provide any insight?
1656501718798.png

kevin588127

Reaction score
My Sale Rep messaged me on yesterday saying my truck left Mexico on Railcar Monday afternoon (6/27), but he does not know the freight info. The order status delivery date was updated to July 8th which is next week but it's not showing that it shipped. I am confused because my rep stated it is going to be a three week trip by rail to Baltimore and then another few days to get to the dealership. I'm looking forward to owning my first truck but I am thinking the end of the month is more likely. Is anyone on here able to provide any insight?
View attachment 40322
Damn, that is the exact truck I was trying to order but some option I was selecting kept adding the chrome package, don't remember which one. Didn't want the chrome and building a BH wasn't much more. Looks like I should have gone that route, I ordered in Jan and still don't have a truck.

matemike

Reaction score
First post: Ordered 6/25/22. 2500 Laramie, 4x4, Group B, Night, OffRoad, 12” screen. Power steps. White.
Very close to mine. I blamed the power steps going on a Laramie as being a hold-up. They must prefer those go on the Limiteds first.
I wanted a 8.4” screen though so that’s the only reason I stuck with a Laramie.

Is yours Hemi or Cummins?

bmummert26

Reaction score
Damn, that is the exact truck I was trying to order but some option I was selecting kept adding the chrome package, don't remember which one. Didn't want the chrome and building a BH wasn't much more. Looks like I should have gone that route, I ordered in Jan and still don't have a truck.
I know exactly what you mean, it was painful. I wanted the Rambox, but was going to give it up for a 1500 crew cab 6'-4" bed, but couldn't get over the fact it was $6K more without incentives because I didn't want the chrome and it came with a bunch of gadgets I didn't really want and thought it would increase the build time.

QuattroCS

Reaction score
Ok so dealer just replied…

Built 5/18

From 5/19-6/24 it sat in “offsite-tracomex saltillo yard”

And then on 6/24 it went back to “plant- Saltillo truck assembly plant”

Now what?

Sounds like you went from the dreaded storage yard to the main yard
Koons goes TX to IL to Baltimore - thats what is planned for mine. Of course don't plan on seeing the truck move much at a time LOL
Yes i heard the same, that it goes by land not sea, further north they go by sea
Probably went back for the QC inspection
So either storage to main yard or the outside vendor to main yard. either way any movement is good movement overall.

2500Ram

Reaction score
View attachment 40322
Brother I am in Maryland as well and my truck was built on 3/11...I hope you have a better experience than I've had so far. My truck left Mexico and has been sitting between 2 spots in Texas. Hopefully yours is on the regular direct route bus to the east coast...mine is undoubtedly on the short bus.

QuattroCS

Reaction score

I know exactly what you mean, it was painful. I wanted the Rambox, but was going to give it up for a 1500 crew cab 6'-4" bed, but couldn't get over the fact it was $6K more without incentives because I didn't want the chrome and it came with a bunch of gadgets I didn't really want and thought it would increase the build time.
Yes personally the tradesman had too much black plastic for my personal taste. the Bug Horn looked ok, of course the higher trims look nicer and etc. I also didn't want chrome and higher trims add it as you select options.
So the beauty of individual choice, I went back to Big Horn, also because in terms of payload and towing seemed like a good middle ground. I also couldn't settle in my mind the trim diff cost. Leather was not a thing. I have had my fair share over the years. Then in FL you would need the vented seats which seems like avalanche effect. I remember my primary objective/directive, Seating space and comfort, then usability and work-ability.

this will be my first new vehicle ever (as well as first order process), in the end i debated on the night edition and cost, initially settled out of it, then when the opportunity presented itself due to pricing/dealer situation. i added it back. Kicking myself for not ordering in April, but all a part of the process.

I'm happy with my build and options overall, 2 that weren't available at the time of ordering - the surround camera view and the BSM (Blind Spot Monitoring) i will be adding post delivery.

Kicking back and enjoying the scenery (with a beer/drink in one hand and a cigar in another), while hoping things move along quicker for everyone here.

kevin588127

Reaction score
I ended up with a BH sport package to avoid the chrome. It is just too much bling on these trucks and the fact that they pretty much force it on you while charging you extra for it is annoying. Also annoying that they eliminated the floor buckets from the tradesman. Those 2 were deal breakers for me on the tradesman. Great looking truck, congrats on getting closer.

kevin588127

Reaction score
Yes personally the tradesman had too much black plastic for my personal taste. the Bug Horn looked ok, of course the higher trims look nicer and etc. I also didn't want chrome and higher trims add it as you select options.
So the beauty of individual choice, I went back to Big Horn, also because in terms of payload and towing seemed like a good middle ground. I also couldn't settle in my mind the trim diff cost. Leather was not a thing. I have had my fair share over the years. Then in FL you would need the vented seats which seems like avalanche effect. I remember my primary objective/directive, Seating space and comfort, then usability and work-ability.

this will be my first new vehicle ever (as well as first order process), in the end i debated on the night edition and cost, initially settled out of it, then when the opportunity presented itself due to pricing/dealer situation. i added it back. Kicking myself for not ordering in April, but all a part of the process.

I'm happy with my build and options overall, 2 that weren't available at the time of ordering - the surround camera view and the BSM (Blind Spot Monitoring) i will be adding post delivery.

Kicking back and enjoying the scenery (with a beer/drink in one hand and a cigar in another), while hoping things move along quicker for everyone here.
I think I like the black front end as it would be low maintenance and I like it that it is different than most of the trucks out there. Next year, ram will offer it as a warlock edition and charge more for it, lol. On that topic, that NE package looks great but what a scam. Upcharge for chrome and then up charge you to delete it.

Users who are viewing this thread