Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

Reaction score
Hubby and I took better pictures when we went to pick it up on Saturday. It just fits in the garage (after moving some support bars up a couple notches and moving a hinge that stuck out like 2 inches because they would have hit the front bumper...garage door was not compromised and is still supported and works fine). My husband is very, very happy. Buying experience was awesome. The price had increased from what the window sticker said, but they honored the window sticker and even took some more off of the price, I guess because we are returning customers with that dealership and salesman.
Great looking truck. Almost identical to what I ordered on Jan 4th but I got Black Night Edition Limited without Rambox. Still awaiting shipping from 5/19 build.

Leadchuncker

Reaction score
Taking a risk buying that DEF.....ya know it's only good for a year or so....
You have to keep DEF correctly and it’ll last 2 to 3 years. Correctly is in a dark place temperature friendly. Mines in a closet in a spare room . You do have to look at the date! Blue Def platinum has a code that you have to decipher. Lot of negative talk about that brand but it’s good stuff just expensive. The difference is it’s deionized water which is contaminate free verses distilled which isn’t …..

mark voorhees

Reaction score
So here is my ordering time-line:

Ordered - 2/9
Vin - 2/10
D1 - 4/26
Production - 5/30
Built - 5/31
Shipped - 6/2
Temple Tx - 6/6
Emporia KS - 6/12
Buffalo IL - 6/16
Mechanicville NY - 6/24
Ayer Ma - 6/27
Now 1-4 days for truck transport to Dealer in Natick Ma.

Loaded 22 Longhorn Limited, Patriot Blue, 3500 Dually, HO longbed.
Good Luck to Everyone still waiting fro yours. The end is almost near!

Dave...
My truck got to ayre mass on 6/15 still waiting to get last 20 miles to milford nh

OldJeepsNewTrucks

Reaction score
I got an updated number for the Port Allen yard, but they understandably want everything to go through the dealer. @Lowbagg did you go directly to dispatch or "Dealer and Customer Service"?

Edit: Sent a message to my salesman. He said he called the Port, was supposed to have gone out friday, but carrier had been re-assigned to "PUGH" from "HATA", so hes going to followup in a few days.
Man, I hope they get some movement. I'm in the area for about 5 days and if I can't pick it up then I'm SOL for months! I'll have to pay to get it delivered but the problem is my trade!

Ktm2smoker

Reaction score
You have to keep DEF correctly and it’ll last 2 to 3 years. Correctly is in a dark place temperature friendly. Mines in a closet in a spare room . You do have to look at the date! Blue Def platinum has a code that you have to decipher. Lot of negative talk about that brand but it’s good stuff just expensive. The difference is it’s deionized water which is contaminate free verses distilled which isn’t …..
Agree! I was just making a joke that 'it could be a while'. I've been built for a month as of today.

What brands do folks talk good of? I've been told by neighbor RAM owners that the RAM system isn't nearly as sensitive to brand like the others, especially GM. And what about the BD platinum that supposedly fights the 'crustys' at the spray port area? I'm new to DEF, only diesel I've ever had is my Kubota L3700SU.

Last edited:

QuattroCS

Reaction score
The one I had on my 2006 was awesome. I wouldn’t trade it for the world. I used to tell my wife when people would pull out in front of me and make me slam on the brakes, “Do these people realize I could knock them to Mars with this thing?”

And I can’t do without a winch, I’ve used one too much, from getting unstuck, pulling others out, to pulling stumps…a definite necessity!

Think at some point I may just build a HD cradle for a big winch, wire both ends of the truck and gooseneck so it can be used anywhere.

That's kinda what I did with my 02 Cummins. I installed a front receiver, mounted the winch in a cradle, wired front and rear of the truck, and used these Warn quick connects: https://www.warn.com/quick-connect-power-cable-plugs-22680

Bumper has a front receiver and I’ve been in spots that a winch on the back would be nice and can always use one on the gooseneck… It’s a win win chicken dinner
From Ranch hands the rating on the front receiver is "The weight rating for both of those parts is 20,000lbs straight pull and up to 300lbs carry weight."
I do dig the idea about the flexibility of using the receiver. and having things wired up properly. another item on the list ;-)

bwf1911

Reaction score
You ceramic coating yourself? What brand did you get?
I don't have the truck yet but I will be putting Roar coating on it. I ceramic coated several cars with a one year ceramic, super easy they look great. All the work is in the prep.

tim3500

Reaction score
My truck was ordered on 2/12 and built on 5/2. Finally shipped out on 6/8. 15 days on a train from Saltillo to Denver. Arrived 6/23 @ 8:32am at the Union Pacific Rollo railyard and unloaded at 8:30pm. Picked up on 6/27 and delivered to the dealer....4 1/2 months but well worth the wait!!!

Attachments

• 1656424289781.png
    1656424289781.png
    587.3 KB · Views: 38

M376X6

Reaction score
My truck was ordered on 2/12 and built on 5/2. Finally shipped out on 6/8. 15 days on a train from Saltillo to Denver. Arrived 6/23 @ 8:32am at the Union Pacific Rollo railyard and unloaded at 8:30pm. Picked up on 6/27 and delivered to the dealer....4 1/2 months but well worth the wait!!!
Congratulations, a beautiful truck.

2500Ram

Reaction score
Awesome truck! All things considered you got it fast for todays Ram standards!

Leadchuncker

Reaction score
Agree! I was just making a joke that 'it could be a while'. I've been built for a month as of today.

What brands do folks talk good of? I've been told by neighbor RAM owners that the RAM system isn't nearly as sensitive to brand like the others, especially GM. And what about the BD platinum that supposedly fights the 'crustys' at the spray port area? I'm new to DEF, only diesel I've ever had is my Kubota L3700SU.
My friends 21 had problems, he would by cheap Def from different places and had it at the dealer a few times. I finally got him to put platinum in and it solved the problem. So I’ve got 12 kegs in the closet and enough Hot Shots Secret fuel additive to treat 1,200 gallons

DP340

Reaction score
My dealer called me and said my truck was in transit. I don't believe them but it does show that my truck has been built! Now it is just a waiting game to see when it actually makes it onto a train.
Really glad to have found this group. It is very interesting reading about everyone's journey.

Attachments

• 6-28.JPG
    6-28.JPG
    45.2 KB · Views: 26

Jfletcher73

Reaction score
My dealer called me and said my truck was in transit. I don't believe them but it does show that my truck has been built! Now it is just a waiting game to see when it actually makes it onto a train.
Really glad to have found this group. It is very interesting reading about everyone's journey.
It doesn't show as left the plant yet, but it appears to be ready to go.

Users who are viewing this thread