Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
So The Laramie can get the Wireless charging but the Limited Longhorn doesn't without some $4000 package that includes the 12" radio?

Honestly, the wireless charging has been found to be pretty useless for most.

1. I like my phone in a cradle on the dash so I can actually use it if needed.
That said, UC5 with wireless AA/Carplay may be a game changer in that regard.​
2. Many phones with cases won't fit or won't charge in the "cradle."
3. The phone will likely need to lay on its side to charge.

snayte

Reaction score
Thanks now if I could have just ordered wheel to wheel side steps everything would be great.

rmzachar

Reaction score
Some of you were able to add in the Blind Spot detection? I had it in my build but Sandi told me it kicked it off when she went to order. I assumed that meant you couldn't add it in. For reference, I ordered a Laramie.

Mptolomey

Reaction score
Some of you were able to add in the Blind Spot detection? I had it in my build but Sandi told me it kicked it off when she went to order. I assumed that meant you couldn't add it in. For reference, I ordered a Laramie.
I ordered it on my 3500 Laramie

Attachments

• 347C7327-D87F-4800-A5F4-652588B49C91.jpeg
    347C7327-D87F-4800-A5F4-652588B49C91.jpeg
    280.6 KB · Views: 53

twilliamsen

Reaction score
Very nice! Let me know when you get to that point, I build cars and do lots of fab & wiring too. Here's a rendering of my twin turbo Coyote swapped Buick Grand National I'm building for the Sema show this year
I have a regular GN with the original block. Still smacks the **** out of 99.9% that’s on the road.

TXsportDiver

Reaction score
That was not communicated to me by Sandi and Mark Dodge. I expect that the price I pay whenever my truck shows up will be the amount on the buyers order I signed with them.

EDIT: the following is included in said buyers order. But I think RAM knows they would have a lot of pissed off people if they increased the price at this point. They already increased the price from '21 to '22.
View attachment 20726

I agree, I expect the price we agreed to at order time to be honored. But, in addition to the information above on the dealer's Buyers Orders, also at the bottom of the Build Order sheet from Mark Dodge (ad presumably all the rest), it says:

Note: This is not an invoice. The prices and equipment shown on this priced order confirmation are tentative and subject to change or
correction without prior notice. No claims against the content listed or prices quoted will be accepted. Refer to the vehicle invoice for final
vehicle content and pricing. Orders are accepted only when the vehicle is shipped by the factory.

dgrover75

Reaction score
Yeah, I have a 3500 Laramie Crew Cab and she said it wouldn't let her add it on. Might need to see if it can be added in still.
I had the same problem with a 2500 Laramie - I had Level B, TowingTech, and Safety Group but wouldn't let me add BSM. Put my order in without it; but my dealer was calling RAM trying to ask if it can be added. I haven't heard back in a couple weeks (but I also haven't inquired - I'm happy to be patient). I figured if I get BSM great, if not, I'll use the mirrors.

Oneskeemer

Reaction score
I agree, I expect the price we agreed to at order time to be honored. But, in addition to the information above on the dealer's Buyers Orders, also at the bottom of the Build Order sheet from Mark Dodge (ad presumably all the rest), it says:

Note: This is not an invoice. The prices and equipment shown on this priced order confirmation are tentative and subject to change or
correction without prior notice. No claims against the content listed or prices quoted will be accepted. Refer to the vehicle invoice for final
vehicle content and pricing. Orders are accepted only when the vehicle is shipped by the factory.
My dealer , Victory CDJR , KCKS, gave me an Out the Door confirmied price.
Signed by the new car sales manager.
Said I would receives any incentivies, and in case of an price increse, the signed price would be honored.

tolym

Reaction score

I got this from Mark Dodge too. Doesn’t this have my final price? This is what I signed after that order sheet.

c8148a5d608a755f43388791ef0d18ff.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mlink

Reaction score
Wait. Where's all the add-ons like glass etching, accessories installed without your approval, misc. fees, etc.??

Looks like they're not nickel/dime'ing you like the rest of the competition... what about "protectants" and "rust-proofing"? Ha Ha

Surf2snow1

Reaction score
Wait. Where's all the add-ons like glass etching, accessories installed without your approval, misc. fees, etc.??

Looks like they're not nickel/dime'ing you like the rest of the competition... what about "protectants" and "rust-proofing"? Ha Ha
Hehe. Hopefully!! Going to ask them to keep their badging off of it too. Less to take off.

LPFSTheFett

Reaction score
Honestly, the wireless charging has been found to be pretty useless for most.

1. I like my phone in a cradle on the dash so I can actually use it if needed.
That said, UC5 with wireless AA/Carplay may be a game changer in that regard.​
2. Many phones with cases won't fit or won't charge in the "cradle."
3. The phone will likely need to lay on its side to charge.
I’m with you. I had this in my last two rams and never used it. Couldn’t make apple car play work, didn’t like the rubber touching the front of my phone, and accessibility to my phone was annoying. My wife’s Audi RSQ8 has the charging pad in the center console with wireless car play. Still don’t use it. Call me old fashioned, I guess when my phone needs charged I’d rather just plug it in.

HomeSlice780

Reaction score
Got this email from US Customer Care today. I finally opened up a case to get the status of my truck. I ordered mine on 6/4 with a ship date of 8/12 in case your were wondering. Doesn't provided much, but it's a start. They said they will give me a status update on the build process along the way but I am not going to hold my breath:

"I would like to take this opportunity to say congratulations on ordering your all-new Ram 2500!

My name is Cara and I will be monitoring your vehicle order throughout the build process. I have opened this special tracking file to both help ensure your order is given prioritization through to delivery, as well as to provide you with available status updates along the way.

At this present time, all of the materials that are necessary to build your vehicle are being received. Factory production plan timing for these models has not yet begun, however I will continue to monitor your order and provide production updates for your order as they become available.

I have reached out to our factory resources to ensure your order is prioritized. I will continue to monitor your order for additional delivery updates and I anticipate having further updates to share with you soon.

I will be following up with you for your order updates as soon as there are additional updates to share on your order. Additional email responses received will be queued and responded to within this time-frame. If you require immediate assistance pertaining to any ordering questions or concerns, we encourage you to speak with your ordering dealership who is your best resource for any ordering questions you may have related to your factory order.

Thank you for your loyalty and we’re proud to have you as a member of the Ram Truck Family!"

Sincerely,

Cara
Ram Truck Information Center"

Myfast70

Reaction score
I have a regular GN with the original block. Still smacks the **** out of 99.9% that’s on the road.

Yup, they will! I've had a few of them. I guess I would be the .1% that would handily be smacking your v6 around

That being said, shoot me a PM if you need any parts for it. I make aftermarket fuel systems for the Turbo Buick platform along with a bunch of other parts as well.

Last edited:

Riddick

Reaction score
Got this email from US Customer Care today. I finally opened up a case to get the status of my truck. I ordered mine on 6/4 with a ship date of 8/12 in case your were wondering. Doesn't provided much, but it's a start. They said they will give me a status update on the build process along the way but I am not going to hold my breath:

"I would like to take this opportunity to say congratulations on ordering your all-new Ram 2500!

My name is Cara and I will be monitoring your vehicle order throughout the build process. I have opened this special tracking file to both help ensure your order is given prioritization through to delivery, as well as to provide you with available status updates along the way.

At this present time, all of the materials that are necessary to build your vehicle are being received. Factory production plan timing for these models has not yet begun, however I will continue to monitor your order and provide production updates for your order as they become available.

I have reached out to our factory resources to ensure your order is prioritized. I will continue to monitor your order for additional delivery updates and I anticipate having further updates to share with you soon.

I will be following up with you for your order updates as soon as there are additional updates to share on your order. Additional email responses received will be queued and responded to within this time-frame. If you require immediate assistance pertaining to any ordering questions or concerns, we encourage you to speak with your ordering dealership who is your best resource for any ordering questions you may have related to your factory order.

Thank you for your loyalty and we’re proud to have you as a member of the Ram Truck Family!"

Sincerely,

Cara

Sincerely,

Cara
Wow, Cara is one busy lady and appears to personally be overseeing all builds. Give this woman a raise!!

OP, other members have received the same response you did. Maybe you will receive a real update soon.

Shooter88

Reaction score

Sincerely,

Cara
Not to make you even more disappointed with Ram’s lack of info, but I was sent that exact email from “Cara” on July 28th. Have not heard a single thing since. I have a supposed ship date of 8/18, I’m just assuming that’s not happening.

clotagames

Reaction score

Sincerely,

Cara
Canned response. They have no clue.

Users who are viewing this thread