Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

brv10

has the scoop
Reaction score
Guy trust me get the longhorn or limited with all those items.. I have a laramie on order that is a joke it hasn't moved in 4 months. Worst decision ever getting that trim level, the leather in the higher trim levels is well worth the money.

Sent from my SM-F926U using Tapatalk
I didn't need all the interior
Yes! Low, bass sounding thumping that sounds like a medium-soft thump from a rubber mallet on the floor of the truck that is not consistent with engine RPM or wheel revolutions. After about 5 minutes, that sound turns into long low groans like a whale (but lower tone). I might get several of these groans intermittently lasting 25-45 seconds each that again aren’t tied to other vehicle rhythms. They can be loud, taking over sound in the cabin and causing several passengers to comment “…is that normal?” Then goes away after 10-20 minutes of operation.

I can also only replicate it if the truck has been sitting overnight.

Sound familiar? What do I do?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I believe there was an update for the ANC module, at least on 1500's.

Bkff17

Reaction score
Ok well Ramchat gave me a dealer eta of 1/19-1/27. They said it was in the shipping stage but could not tell me if it was waiting to be shipped or had shipped. The dealership owner has stopped answering my emails. I asked my salesman for an updated POC with ep and status. He just says end of month will talk later about EP. HMM don't know what to think at this point.

brv10

has the scoop
Reaction score
Ok well Ramchat gave me a dealer eta of 1/19-1/27. They said it was in the shipping stage but could not tell me if it was waiting to be shipped or had shipped. The dealership owner has stopped answering my emails. I asked my salesman for an updated POC with ep and status. He just says end of month will talk later about EP. HMM don't know what to think at this point.
That doesn't sound good.

J-J

Reaction score
Ooooo here we go, technology at its best. No good news on my truck but this is great news when I do end up with one.
a1d319e67eb892e1d4f4e14fede63fb0.jpg

HowBoutThemGADawgs

Reaction score
Well, this would be exciting news.... except for it was supposed to be at dealership by 12/23-1/6 and is now stuck at the train yard right up the road from me indefinitely.
1641392182023.png

Jasen

Reaction score
Finally got my 2022 Ram 2500 and after a few days it started making a thumping noise like a bass drum. Goes away when the window is halfway down or door is opened. I’m guessing it’s the active noise cancellation. Anybody know if there is a flash that fixes this or should I just pull the pins from the harness for them mics?

Jmar

Reaction score
Brv10 is it possible to get me more info on my truck mines in the shipping process according to ram chat and it’s been in that status since 12/17. Just looking to see if was shipped or what status it’s in. VIN# is 3C6UR5DLXNG191462. Thank you

Bkff17

Reaction score
Brv10 is it possible to get me more info on my truck mines in the shipping process according to ram chat and it’s been in that status since 12/17. Just looking to see if was shipped or what status it’s in. VIN# is 3C6UR5DLXNG191462. Thank you
Lol same boat I'm in.

MrTaz

Reaction score
I wonder if its the Cab heaters? From another thread in the forum....post#4 https://hdrams.com/forum/index.php?threads/cab-heaters.1112/

It's pretty quick, especially if the block heater has been plugged in for a couple or three hrs. As regards the supplemental heating, the following details are courtesy troverman over at cumminsforum:

"The heater is located in the heater box downstream of the heater core. It consists of three 400W resistors, which translates to 100 amps at 12 volts.

Operation is automatic, based upon the following conditions being met:
-Engine must be running at 700RPM or greater
-Outside temp is below 68F
-Coolant temp is below 158F
-Battery voltage must not fall below 12.6

This supplemental heater can be had on vehicles with automatic or manual climate controls. However, the workshop manual lists it as an option rather than standard equipment. Check your fuses / relays under the hood. The manual calls it a "Positive Temperature Coefficient" heater, or PTC."
Leave it to the engineers to come up with a complex over complicated name for the heater. I guess they think they are doctors or something…

Last edited:

ACEd

Reaction score
Yes! Low, bass sounding thumping that sounds like a medium-soft thump from a rubber mallet on the floor of the truck that is not consistent with engine RPM or wheel revolutions. After about 5 minutes, that sound turns into long low groans like a whale (but lower tone). I might get several of these groans intermittently lasting 25-45 seconds each that again aren’t tied to other vehicle rhythms. They can be loud, taking over sound in the cabin and causing several passengers to comment “…is that normal?” Then goes away after 10-20 minutes of operation.

I can also only replicate it if the truck has been sitting overnight.

Sound familiar? What do I do?

Not normal. Needs to go back to dealer for fix. Suggest you record sounds on phone and play back for Service advisor.

ACEd

Reaction score
Ooooo here we go, technology at its best. No good news on my truck but this is great news when I do end up with one.
a1d319e67eb892e1d4f4e14fede63fb0.jpg

Not Great nees in my mind. I did not enable Alexa. Alexa is always listening and too much Alexa and tracking info is just another data source to be compiled and sold. Big Brother is watching.

WorldYeti

Reaction score
I made same mistake on my 2500, you can disable it from commercial settings in dash settings. There are many online post for it also. Enjoy your new truck!

Thanks for the tip, I was hoping it would be straight-forward to do like that.

WorldYeti

Reaction score
The back up alarm can be disabled in settings and also the alarm is only activated when the rear sensors detect something behind the truck. I also ordered the alarm on my truck. I figured since I’m getting old I can use all the help I can get especially when dealing with a 8 foot bed crew cab.
Ah, that’s interesting and doesn’t seem so bad. I was worried I was going to wake my neighbor every morning when reversing out of my driveway. Given that I’m used to a short bed and switching to a long bed, maybe I’ll leave it on for a bit while I’m getting used to the new length. Anyways, Thanks for the info, much appreciated.

Users who are viewing this thread