Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

MrTaz

Reaction score
Well well well, time for a July order happy dance. DirtyOfficerSanchez, just received news today that a white Laramie is passing through Nebraska headed to Utah then a final leg to the Idaho area. Once there, I will retrieve and bring her to her final home in Montana. Thinking a couple weeks total. Merry Christmas to me :)

18115c21fd64ba66e7b5493ea68b6d99.gif
Sounds like that truck took it's first long journey without you ...

Last edited:

MrTaz

Reaction score
New window stickers are populated every day in the evening, even on weekends. Equipment listings are populated in the morning only on weekdays. That means it’s possible for a truck to be built on a Friday after the morning batch of equipment listings, and invoiced the next day (window sticker). In that situation, you would see the window sticker on the weekend, and the equipment listing on Monday.
I guess that means mine wasn't built on a Friday since I got the build sheet first. Not being built on a Friday is a good thing.

MrTaz

Reaction score
Well my truck just went from KZLD back to KZ yesterday. I guess that's progress but still no shipping date as I write this, this morning. Salesman is suppose to call me with an update this morning. With any luck maybe I'll at least get a shipping date with today's update.

dblackwell

Reaction score
where did you order from and have you taken delivery?
Ordered in southern Indiana. Order was 10/21 est. build date was 12/20 after going D1 on 12/01…. Build sheet was online night of the 20th (this week). Window Sticker populated morning of the 22nd. Ramchat told me yesterday it’s been released for shipping but I don’t have a dealer ETA yet.

Rilznick

Reaction score
Ordered in southern Indiana. Order was 10/21 est. build date was 12/20 after going D1 on 12/01…. Build sheet was online night of the 20th (this week). Window Sticker populated morning of the 22nd. Ramchat told me yesterday it’s been released for shipping but I don’t have a dealer ETA yet.
How did the price on the window sticker compare to the price on your original build sheet?

owdiss78

Reaction score
And on the 20th week since order Ramchat gave to me…. Checks notes… a boot back to status level D…. For the third time… that means it’s getting built soon right??…. Right?

And I bet they said good news you are in the scheduling phase?!?! I responded thats not good news that means I haven’t moved since I got the vin at day 3 and now at week 13.. but I hope you get moving very soon so I can feel maybe I’m getting closer to being built as well.

Reaction score
I just placed my order on a 2022 ram 3500 Laramie with Granger Motors in Iowa. I want this whole build to be documented for those who question the build process and to answer any questions for those who are considering using Granger Motors. I found a post from Granger motors from September offering 4% under invoice for a new retail order. I found it hard to believe that 4% under invoice was real so I contacted Zach at Granger Motors. It took a few hours for him to call me back, which in my opinion is reasonable, and I questioned him about the validity of this offer. He assured me that it is all legit and there would be no bait and switch so I gave it a shot. The process so far went like this:
Build your truck on Ramtrucks.com
Copy link and send to Ram@granger.com
Receive Email with build list which includes MSRP, Dealer Invoice, Discount, and Final cost.
Submit photos of Drivers license, and proof of Auto insurance. Include address and name to which truck will be registered.
Receive Email of build with an electronic document signature page
Sign page
Receive email with link to pay $1000 deposit via Credit Card
Pay $1000
That is where I am now.
I've never ordered a new vehicle but plan to soon, did you have to discuss how the balance would be paid? are you financing?

DeepH20Driller

Reaction score
My MSRP went up $2,560 from 06/21 order date to 12/17 Window Sticker assignment. Biggest increases was base price ($68,020 to $70,330) and Level 1 Equipment Group ($4,185 to $4,385). Other increase was Destination Charge ($1,695 to $1,795). Actually, a small decrease in OffRoad Package ($495 to $445).

2500 Limited MegaCab w/ Hemi

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

brv10

has the scoop
Reaction score
Nope. The hitch reducer bushing was in the truck but no 7 to 4 pin adapter. Doesn’t seem that anyone has gotten one so far.

No 7 to 4 pin adapter come with the truck, you will have to buy it separately.

brv10

has the scoop
Reaction score
Well my truck just went from KZLD back to KZ yesterday. I guess that's progress but still no shipping date as I write this, this morning. Salesman is suppose to call me with an update this morning. With any luck maybe I'll at least get a shipping date with today's update.
It's waiting for its shipping assignments, nothing yet.

brv10

has the scoop
Reaction score
My MSRP went up $2,560 from 06/21 order date to 12/17 Window Sticker assignment. Biggest increases was base price ($68,020 to $70,330) and Level 1 Equipment Group ($4,185 to $4,385). Other increase was Destination Charge ($1,695 to $1,795). Actually, a small decrease in OffRoad Package ($495 to $445).

Mine went up about the same, EP price only changed about 500.

Rilznick

Reaction score

Was your order price protected? Did you actually have to pay the difference?

Rockman

Reaction score
So I contacted ram chat this morning expecting the same your vehicle should enter production soon… She said your vehicle is currently in the paint stage. I had to reread it about 5 times for it to be real.. texted my dealer and sure enough. I had a 1/6 ship date that moved to 1/7. Seems they had a lot of trucks with ship dates in January hope all others enter production soon.

Shootist

Reaction score
Dealer just advised, truck as of yesterday shows "in transit-delay". No code. Ramchat yesterday was showing JS. Does this mean its on a train sitting there at plant?? I've not seen any of the K codes, but this order has never been updated often with codes.

Users who are viewing this thread