Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

DougB

Reaction score
Looking for honest opinion here. I currently have an order in and probably showing up in a few weeks. It’s just a tradesman CC 6.7 with some modest options. MSRP on the sticker is $62,015. I agreed to $60,000 before I knew about MD and ever seen this forum. Do you think I’m over paying for that truck ?

On average MD is saving buyers 11-13% off sticker.

If you'd really like to know, send that window sticker to MD and ask for a quote.

Thebuilderman

Reaction score
Looking for honest opinion here. I currently have an order in and probably showing up in a few weeks. It’s just a tradesman CC 6.7 with some modest options. MSRP on the sticker is $62,015. I agreed to $60,000 before I knew about MD and ever seen this forum. Do you think I’m over paying for that truck ?
Only you can answer that. If your happy with the deal then no you didn’t overpay. You could get a quote from MD or Spirit Lake dodge. Actually called Motor Inn of Spirit Lake. They too do 5% under invoice.

Jnrcarson

Reaction score
Only you can answer that. If your happy with the deal then no you didn’t overpay. You could get a quote from MD or Spirit Lake dodge. Actually called Motor Inn of Spirit Lake. They too do 5% under invoice.

5% under MSRP ? Sorry I’m new to truck ordering. Been driving my 2000 5.9 for the last 200k miles.

Thebuilderman

Reaction score
5% under MSRP ? Sorry I’m new to truck ordering. Been driving my 2000 5.9 for the last 200k miles.
Yep. 5% under INVOICE. so it works out to more then 10% under MSRP. When you special order your not only helping the dealer as they sell another vehicle and don’t have any flooring costs involved but you get exactly what you want.
I went with Mark Dodge in Louisiana. I dealt with Renae and it was the easiest NO HAGGLE NO HASSLE order of my life. 10k less then MSRP. Had a 93k dollar truck for 83k.
I’ve been telling the world about her and everyone is happy.
Renae Jamieson
Virtual Sales
Mark Dodge, Chrysler, Jeep LLC
3777 Gerstner Memorial Dr.
Lake Charles, LA 70607
O (337) 474-2640 ****M (337) 512-5599
rjamieson@markdodge.net

ACEd

Reaction score
Why in the World would RAM/FCA want to supply a small dealer with 100 vehicles if they can't move them? Trust me! If that small dealer can move 100 a month, FCA/RAM will supply the vehicles.
Maybe but you cant get there from here - allocations are no doubt based on history - If you sold 60 trucks last year, you wont be allocated 60 a month for this year. Only way to get more in this limited supply situation is probably to sell more (i.e. Special Orders assuming as someone else said, they do not count against allocations) or to wait til supply exceeds demand.

ACEd

Reaction score
Idk how dealers get allocations but I’m at week 13 no movement at all yet an dealer has gotten 4 trucks inventory and a few sold orders before and after my my order date. Sick of how random it all is
I bet it has always been random - its just that you know more thanks to this forum and things are moving more slowly and are stretched out more due to parts availability issues - but I agree it seems illogical and is very hard to understand and accept.

Thedaran

Reaction score
Summarizing my order:
Ordered 29 August from Bud Clary In Auburn, WA at 9.1% below MSRP
Equipment list 25 November
Window Sticker 26 November
Delivered to Dealer 16 December
Picked up 19 December
The dealership did honor the original price despite an increase in MSRP with not hassling.

Overall feel the dealership was OK. Amelia was great in putting the order together as when I ordered was when Ram was transitioning from the B equipment group to the C equipment group.
However, after the order was placed communication was limited to non existent from the dealership. For pickup my wife and I had pre arranged financing with USAA (very reputable obviously), with this situation the dealership "has a strict policy to run a credit check and have a secondary back up loan prepared in case there are any issues with the pre approved loan". Needless to say my wife and I were/are not happy with this policy. Regardless we followed suit with me letting them know if any funny business took place I would key each and every one of the vehicles they have on the lot.

Truck is great so far! Time permitting, planning on her first waxing tomorrow.

ACEd

Reaction score
True, but they are relying on the same stream of information. Dealer tells me the same thing, “truck is in shipping no ETA provided.”

I think it’s funny that they give you an ETA to dealer when a truck is in D1 waiting to be built, but once it’s completed no ETA. LOL! I know everything is estimated, just a little bewildering!
From what I got when mine was in "Shipping", truck goes JS after its built to storage. It may or may not be waiting for parts or completion of outside work (bedliner etc). Then at some point it goes KZ and gets Window Sticker, but it may be waiting on a space on a train (boat?) going in right direction or it may be on a train somewhere. RamChat seems to lose track of it when it goes KZ until it hits dealer - but once it actually leaves factory on train or boat, the dealer can apparently track rail shipment inbound to them better than RamChat. But dealer tracking only goes as far as rail unloading - it could then sit waiting for truck transport from railhead to dealer and there is no tracking there. Cant explain why, but thats what I got when I pestered them for 2 weeks after it went JS before KZ and 2 + weeks after it went KZ.

Hope that helps.

As to ETA, I think it is generally conceded that any ETA on order before it goes JS or maybe even KZ is a WAG (Wild-Ass-Guess) with no useful information. If it matches build date, you are seeing the phenomena of a stopped clock being correct twice a day.

Linked4door

Reaction score
Depends, you would probably save an additional 5kthrough MD. But you should get a quote from them directly to find out. No doubt their customer service is amazing, both before and after the sale. I picked up my truck from them a few weeks ago.

If you are not local factor in either shipping or travel to pick it up (fuel, air fair, rental, hotel, time off work, ect). Also you would be back of the line for orders so adding additional wait time. If you need the truck now and can afford it, keep your currant deal. If you can wait to save money, then do that. Also if you put down a deposit with your currant dealer, you may not get that back. Also some dealers are passing any prices increases onto the customer, so if the MSRP goes up again you may be paying more than the agreed aponn price. This would lead to a greater savings form MD, as they charge what they say they will form day one. Also any doc fees, or aditional charges your dealer may charge that MD doesn't. All in all most places are charging MSRP or more. The fact you are anything under MSRP is good, but there is always a way to save more. It just depends on if the additional savings is with it to you.

gator6

Reaction score
So it seems like a bunch of us agree on trying to do something for BRV10. So instead of talk about it let’s do it. I’m down for $30 or more. If we get another 10 or more folks that’s a significant chunk of change. So tell me how to Venmo or whatever and I’ll do it!
Talk is cheap. Action speaks louder than words. This dude is still here just helping out and asks nothing in return.
I know how! Ha! I have the scoop! Thankfully a friend here showed me the way.

I’m still only a month into this purgatory, but if there’s someone out there willing to do the leg work, why not pay the man for his troubles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ACEd

Reaction score
Overpaying is purely a matter of personal opinion. Based on discussion here, in many locations, that would probably be a good local deal. You are the best judge of all the factors - distance, logistics, transport costs, loyalty to dealer, future service relationship with dealer, trade-in issues, taxes, etc. If you are buying $2000 under MSRP, you are doing better than those paying MSRP or worse MSRP + Market Adjustments. Back in early September, I would have willingly paid MSRP for a truck on dealer lot if they had what I wanted but most dealers were playing games with limited inventories and Market Adjustments MSRP + $5000. Market is loosening up a bit now, but many dealers are still playing the Market Adjustment game.

If your question is whether you could find a better price, probably yes. How much better? Not sure how much as Tradesman is probably less margin than more expensive trucks - but you can always send build info to Mark Dodge for a Quote.

Would it be a better deal for you, only you can answer that considering the above factors?

Would it be worth cancelling and potentially losing a deposit and local dealer good will and starting the order process over at a dealer miles away from home and starting the build clock again to save xxxx - again only you can answer.

Ionicbrick

Reaction score
I’m still only a month into this purgatory, but if there’s someone out there willing to do the leg work, why not pay the man for his troubles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Agreed. I’m a month and a half in, but I already know this guy is gonna help me at some point with my truck.

Jnrcarson

Reaction score
So after much thought and several messages from the good folks on this forum I think I’ll just stick with my original build. I’m at $2k under MSRP currently. Judging by what I’ve been told maybe I could get it to about $6k or so under MSRP through MD. $4k difference minus my time, travel expenses, and 2000 miles on the new truck I’d maybe be saving $2k. Thanks to Grizzly Dave, Thebuilderman, and 223500DRW for your insight.

Thebuilderman

Reaction score
So after much thought and several messages from the good folks on this forum I think I’ll just stick with my original build. I’m at $2k under MSRP currently. Judging by what I’ve been told maybe I could get it to about $6k or so under MSRP through MD. $4k difference minus my time, travel expenses, and 2000 miles on the new truck I’d maybe be saving $2k. Thanks to Grizzly Dave, Thebuilderman, and 223500DRW for your insight.
I’m glad you gave me the opportunity to help. Thank you! FWIW, I think you made the right decision.

Users who are viewing this thread