Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 RAM 3500 HO AISIN FLUID CHANGE - CONFIRMATION

22RAMAlazan

Reaction score
Hello all, I have a 2022 Ram 3500 Limited Megacab HO with AISIN transmission. I am getting close to the 30,000 mile mark and per the Owners Manual I am to change the "fluid only" at 30,000 miles. I am going to go with the recommended MOPAR fluid, however, I could not confirm anywhere how many quarts/gallons I would need. Could someone please confirm if I just drain the fluid (no filter change per manual yet), how many quarts/gallons I would need?

Thanks!

AH64ID

Staff member
Reaction score
The service drain and refill is usually right around 7.3 quarts.

Reactions: CFE

22RAMAlazan

Reaction score
The service drain and refill is usually right around 7.3 quarts.
I have read that in various articles and Youtube videos, however, there are some other sources that say 8-9 etc. On other links I see that this may be for a 68RFE and they do not specify. So I just want a reference that I feel I should rely on.

RTillery

Reaction score
The big Aisin Tranny is super easy to do the 30,000 mile service, as it has a convenient drain plug. I took a translucent gallon jug and carefully made "quart" marks on the side with a magic marker. After checking the fluid when the tranny is warmed up and noting it is at the correct level, I drain the fluid into my big drain pan and measure how much came out with the calibrated jug. That's what I put back in. It's been just over 7 quarts.

Just an FYI, right on the passenger side of the Aisin above the pan is a sticker that refers to Mobil 3309. Nothing wrong with buying the Mopar fluid, but the Mobil is available for quite a bit less. YMMV.

AH64ID

Staff member
Reaction score
Just an FYI, right on the passenger side of the Aisin above the pan is a sticker that refers to Mobil 3309. Nothing wrong with buying the Mopar fluid, but the Mobil is available for quite a bit less. YMMV.

There are several cheaper fluids that state ASRC or 3309, and Toyota T-IV can also be used (same spec).

Amsoil ATF and Redline D4 ATF are two synthetic options that are generally cheaper than the non-synthetic MOPAR fluid.

Blythkd1

Reaction score
About to do my first change. I see Summit has the ASRC fluid for $46 a gallon. That's cheaper than I expected.

Can't believe this is as easy as just dumping the fluid and refilling. You should see the guys over on Dmax Forum bitching about changing their 10 speeds. The 6 speeds had a drain plug, the 10 speeds don't:)

Users who are viewing this thread