Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Ram 2500 jump seat

epfire45

Reaction score
I’m looking into taking out the jump seat of my 2022 Ram Bighorn 2500 mega cab and trying to replace it with the jump seat from a 2022 ram 1500 jump seat since it has a shoulder strap. Any suggestions or comments would help.

whitexc

Reaction score
No help but following this......I don't like my 9 yr old only having a lap belt.

Please keep us posted on what y9u do or figure out.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Linked4door

Reaction score
I was just thinking about this the other day. Would love to know how this would fit.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Not sure the fitment will work but im interested to see if you can pull it off

whitexc

Reaction score
Any updates?

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

waveslayer

Reaction score
I'd be interested too

My wife thinks I only have 3 guns

waveslayer

Reaction score
I wish it would lock back because my crazy 8 yr old likes to push the seat forward when his older sister is sitting in the middle... cause lots of screaming from all parties

Crusher657

Reaction score
Just installed a 1500 jump seat into my mega cab a few weeks ago. It is possible with proper tools and slight modifications, ie. a welder and rivnut tool. Even managed to retain the ram wireless charger with modifications to the console harness.

Attachments

• IMG_2504.jpeg
    IMG_2504.jpeg
    681.1 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_2505.jpeg
    IMG_2505.jpeg
    442.9 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_2507.jpeg
    IMG_2507.jpeg
    583.7 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_2508.jpeg
    IMG_2508.jpeg
    428.6 KB · Views: 38

Linked4door

Reaction score
Just installed a 1500 jump seat into my mega cab a few weeks ago. It is possible with proper tools and slight modifications, ie. a welder and rivnut tool. Even managed to retain the ram wireless charger with modifications to the console harness.
So did you swap the tip and bottom sections or just thr top? Any more detail on what you need to weld and thread? Did you make a new lower frame, or cut parts off one and weld to the other? If you have any more pics it would be nice to see how much welding and just how much of the harness you modified

Crusher657

Reaction score
It’s the entire jump seat from a 1500 including mounting bracket and hardware. I used the duct work from the 1500 also. I didn’t take many pics of the process because it was a mostly after work project for me and wasn’t thinking about it. The harness modification was pretty much using the console harness for the jump seat and extending the wires for the charger to where I wanted it. The front mounting locations of the seat fall out on the preexisting hole in the floor and a dimpled spot that I drilled both out and install rivnuts for the factory hardware (m10 bolts I believe). For the back mounting bracket I had to cut the back 2 tabs off and re-weld them to the contour of the floor and then those got marked and drilled form the factory hardware (m12 bolts I think). Pictures of rivnut locations and bracket that needs cut

Attachments

• IMG_2516.jpeg
    IMG_2516.jpeg
    25.2 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_2383.jpeg
    IMG_2383.jpeg
    519.4 KB · Views: 26

Linked4door

Reaction score
It’s the entire jump seat from a 1500 including mounting bracket and hardware. I used the duct work from the 1500 also. I didn’t take many pics of the process because it was a mostly after work project for me and wasn’t thinking about it. The harness modification was pretty much using the console harness for the jump seat and extending the wires for the charger to where I wanted it. The front mounting locations of the seat fall out on the preexisting hole in the floor and a dimpled spot that I drilled both out and install rivnuts for the factory hardware (m10 bolts I believe). For the back mounting bracket I had to cut the back 2 tabs off and re-weld them to the contour of the floor and then those got marked and drilled form the factory hardware (m12 bolts I think). Pictures of rivnut locations and bracket that needs cut
Thanks for that, exactly what I needed. Now I just need to get the parts and find some free time.

Crusher657

Reaction score
Yea the free time was my biggest issue… I purchased the seat off eBay and came as a “kit” from a take off truck with all the parts except for the bottom close out piece for the dash and I used the tray in front of the seat from a HD truck that fits the hump better than the 1500 one (but the HD one needs trimmed on the driver side to fit against the jump seat properly). That tray is also where I put the charger

Bajaboy7

Reaction score

You are the MAN! Finally proof it can be done!

Users who are viewing this thread