Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Ram 2500 BigHorn Non Alpine / Not Amplified / Basic Stereo Upgrade

22BlackBigHorn

Reaction score
Well, I got a somewhat good bonus and figured, I need to upgrade my stereo in the truck.
I find myself sometimes at FULL volume and it doesn't seem loud enough! :)
I like my music clean and loud when I want to feel it.

I purchased the following:

AP4-CH41 (R.2) with the expansion harness (APHCH42) to give me the RCA outputs I need and bypass the ANC.
ANC-CH01 ANC Module Bypass Harness (yes, it does fit a 2022 without the factory amp, it's located under the dash near the E-Brake.
Kicker 46CXA660.5T 5 Channel AMP

Already had:
Rockford Fosgate Punch 6x9s(1694) for all 4 doors
Rockford Fosgate Punch 3.5" Dash Speakers
Kenwood 10" Subwoofers that I've had for 10 years that I absolutely love.

So I am waiting on my wiring, wiring accessories, and fuse block to show up and I can start. Actually, I may mount the amp tomorrow and see what else I might be able to do before those items show up.
I really can't swap out the speakers just yet, I've heard the ANC makes it pretty much unbearable to use the radio until it's bypassed.
*side note I did install the 3.5" in the dash the day I got the truck. Those alone made a huge difference.

Reading up on the instructions and I am pretty much set to go. I have this week and next week off. So, going to throw the truck in the center of the garage, open the doors - enjoy the nice weather, going to be 70 on Christmas!! Turn the garage stereo on and just hang out, take my time and do what I love.
Working on vehicles!
ME TIME You know!

Last edited:

snocam

Reaction score
Sounds like a solid plan! Good luck. My truck has the Alpine system and Amp with sub under the back seat and it's a great sound, but probably won't compare to your setup. Enjoy the weather too, supposed to be 15 degrees here on Christmas !

22BlackBigHorn

Reaction score
I've had a truck in the past that had the Alpine system, and I was extremely happy with the way it sounded.

While everyone says factory stereo sucks, I will say that if you're parked and listening to music, it sounds good in this truck for a non-amplified system. Just doesn't have the volume.
When you're taking your kids to practice/games and their hype music isn't loud enough.. and they say "Bruh... " haha

I haven't seen too much on the Amp Pro or Expansion harness here - so figured I'd start a thread on it.

22BlackBigHorn

Reaction score
Got started on wiring while the other stuff I need is still in transit. The fuse holder is mounted with a custom mount I made from ABS and sits low on the battery tray. Out of the way.
Used ferrules on the 4G wire and heat shrink. Also covered the wire with an expandable braided sleeve so you can't see the wire. If you looked under the hood, you wouldn't even know it was there.
The way I like it. Super clean.

Attachments

• 20221221_133800.jpg
    20221221_133800.jpg
    282.7 KB · Views: 35
  • 20221222_131205.jpg
    20221222_131205.jpg
    333.2 KB · Views: 35
  • 20221222_131220.jpg
    20221222_131220.jpg
    276.8 KB · Views: 35
  • 20221222_131226.jpg
    20221222_131226.jpg
    209.3 KB · Views: 34

22BlackBigHorn

Reaction score
I am also very curious if doing this, my truck stereo won't make popping noises when the doors are opened.

22BlackBigHorn

Reaction score
Just in case anyone else is searching for this.
The PAC ANC-CH01 does fit the 2022 Ram 2500. I knew it was located under the dash, but most places told me it was under the seat, which is true for the 1500 models.
But 2500, it's under the dash. I've attached pictures of the harness already in place.
I know a lot of people unpin the positive side of the wires to the microphone and that also bypasses the ANC.
Brown with orange stripe (MIC 1)
Brown with white stripe (MIC 2)
Orange with dark blue stripe (MIC 3)
orange with a green strip (MIC4)
leaving those unpinned essentially does the same thing, but I got the ANC-CH01 and it took only 30 seconds to install.

Also - if you hear a pop or something coming from your speakers when you open any door. I know I've had that issue. like the system is doing something...
just adding the ANC-CH01 - eliminated those noises.
Red arrows pointing to the ANC module
Blue arrows are the connections

Attachments

• image002.png
    image002.png
    812.3 KB · Views: 46
  • image001.png
    image001.png
    907.3 KB · Views: 46
  • dodgeanc0.jpg
    dodgeanc0.jpg
    151.4 KB · Views: 47

kevin588127

Reaction score
Just in case anyone else is searching for this.
The PAC ANC-CH01 does fit the 2022 Ram 2500. I knew it was located under the dash, but most places told me it was under the seat, which is true for the 1500 models.
But 2500, it's under the dash. I've attached pictures of the harness already in place.
I know a lot of people unpin the positive side of the wires to the microphone and that also bypasses the ANC.
Brown with orange stripe (MIC 1)
Brown with white stripe (MIC 2)
Orange with dark blue stripe (MIC 3)
orange with a green strip (MIC4)
leaving those unpinned essentially does the same thing, but I got the ANC-CH01 and it took only 30 seconds to install.

Also - if you hear a pop or something coming from your speakers when you open any door. I know I've had that issue. like the system is doing something...
just adding the ANC-CH01 - eliminated those noises.
Red arrows pointing to the ANC module
Blue arrows are the connections
What is the benefit of doing this? I've disabled the ANC in alfa obd but didn't notice any difference in sound quality and still get the popping. I've upgraded the dash speakers but still less than impressed with this system.

22BlackBigHorn

Reaction score
The benefit of it, it 100% by passes it.
Otherwise, the speaker feed is till traveling through the ANC.
Eliminating the ANC - gets rid of that popping.
The dash speakers are a great place to start in updating the system.

The stereo isn't really that bad. If you're sitting in a parking lot waiting for your wife. But driving, you lose a lot.. and with bass roll off, turning it up, doesn't help.

I am currently having an issue where the AP4-CH41 isn't powering on the head unit, so I can't fool the system to think there is a factory amplifier.
So, being a Holiday weekend, I probably have to wait until Tuesday to get in touch with PAC Audio and see what is going on with it.

I do have the amp mounted, it wired up, ready to go, just need to program the AP4-CH41 once I can, and put in the fuse and tune it.
I've attached the picture of the ANC-CH01. You unplug the white and the black plugs from the ANC, plug in the white plug from the truck, into the harness, the other end into the ANC. Plug in the black plug from the truck into the harness.. and you can see it never goes into the ANC. (no more popping!)

Attachments

• 20221229_111345.jpg
    20221229_111345.jpg
    672.8 KB · Views: 25
  • 20221231_112333.jpg
    20221231_112333.jpg
    549.1 KB · Views: 26

scrmblr2

Reaction score

The stereo isn't really that bad. If you're sitting in a parking lot waiting for your wife. But driving, you lose a lot.. and with bass roll off, turning it up, doesn't help.

I am currently having an issue where the AP4-CH41 isn't powering on the head unit, so I can't fool the system to think there is a factory amplifier.
So, being a Holiday weekend, I probably have to wait until Tuesday to get in touch with PAC Audio and see what is going on with it.

I do have the amp mounted, it wired up, ready to go, just need to program the AP4-CH41 once I can, and put in the fuse and tune it.
I've attached the picture of the ANC-CH01. You unplug the white and the black plugs from the ANC, plug in the white plug from the truck, into the harness, the other end into the ANC. Plug in the black plug from the truck into the harness.. and you can see it never goes into the ANC. (no more popping!)

Any updates on this? Seems like you stalled out? Did you get it finished? I tell ya, I am somewhat competent with wrenching and stereos, although it has been quite a few years on the stereo dept. these new vehicles with all the integrated stuff makes me VERY concerned about touching anything.

Thanks for sharing so far

PCT

Reaction score

Im sure you figured it out, but the Amp Pro thing doesnt work, i just wired high level off the ANC device you have pictures.

22BlackBigHorn

Reaction score
Im sure you figured it out, but the Amp Pro thing doesnt work, i just wired high level off the ANC device you have pictures.
You shouldn't be wiring anything to the ANC. It 100% works.. what do you need a picture of?

Users who are viewing this thread