Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 DRW after market running boards?

Ram Tuff Fred

Reaction score
Thinking of adding a set of Westin Pro Traxx 5 Wheel to Wheel Oval Nerf Step Bars made for a 3500 SRW Crew Cab with 8' bed on a 2022 dually with an 8' bed? Has anyone installed a set of running boards made for a SRW on a DRW truck. If so, how much trouble or modifications required. Also can you post a picture?
Thanks

Firebird

Reaction score
I did wheel to wheel boards for a crew cab 6.4 bed on my dually, and love them. 8' wheel to wheel boards would just end up under the rear flare, and thus would have been unusable

20221003_175734.jpg

Ram Tuff Fred

Reaction score
Thanks Firebird - I love that red! But wife said I've had too many red trucks - pick another color! LOL. Yes I'm thinking the 8' ones would be unusable due to that, but sure would like to see one to see just where it ends up - maybe too close to the tires also. What brand running boards did you use? Are those factory RAM ones?

Firebird

Reaction score
Thanks Firebird - I love that red! But wife said I've had too many red trucks - pick another color! LOL. Yes I'm thinking the 8' ones would be unusable due to that, but sure would like to see one to see just where it ends up - maybe too close to the tires also. What brand running boards did you use? Are those factory RAM ones?
Those are the factory boards

Users who are viewing this thread