Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Cummins ReGen ? IDK - Ignorant on the ways of the Cummins

StrayCat

Reaction score
New-ish owner here of my a 2022 Cummins 2500. I got my 2022 2500 in March this year (new), and I have about 4,600km on the odometer.

Today I took short drive to town and when I got back I could smell a burning smell and the exhaust gases were hot as hell !

So my suspicion was a regen in progress, but the DPF monitor shows nothing (ie the digital gage shows basically zero), Im not sure where id see a Regen in progress message either.

So is it in Regen ? how do I confirm that ?

firemansdiesel

Reaction score
If you have that hot stove cleaning smell it was in regen. If you place your truck into park, the regen in process message goes away until your next drive or complete. On average it takes 15 miles to complete a active regen. You can shut the truck down during regen and will resume on next drive to try and finish the process.

AH64ID

Staff member
Reaction score
The DPF page will indicate when you are in active regen. As mentioned Park will shut it off.

Active regen occurs, at a minimum, every 24 hours of engine run time. Driving conditions may cause it to occur before that.

StrayCat

Reaction score
Cheers guys. I found the message on the DPF screen

Truck has 72 hours on it. First time ive noticed it but must have happened before.

AH64ID

Staff member
Reaction score
Cheers guys. I found the message on the DPF screen

Truck has 72 hours on it. First time ive noticed it but must have happened before.

That indicates your driving style is good for the DPF.

Users who are viewing this thread