Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 changes that ive found. Anymore?

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
"In May 2012, a Drexel University math professor patented a mirror that is slightly, calculatedly curved to reflect a wider field of view with less distortion [source: PHYS]. It's convex, yes; but objects in that mirror are about as close as they appear."

el_barto

Reaction score
You can clearly see the one in the video is 1-1 due to his hand not being magnified. Don't care what he says.
I suspect people think they are magnified because objects in the flat glass look huge compared to the adjacent convex spotter mirror, and are used to passenger mirrors being slightly convex on passenger cars (a in mirror is closer than it appears).

Show me a picture of the glass where it is clear that it is concave (magnified) and I’ll shut up…but until then…

MacDuff

Reaction score
I just took delivery of a 2022 2500 limited. The passenger mirror is definitely different and I believe magnified when comparing with my 2019 loaded up Gen 5 Laramie.
I definitely don't like the view of the new mirror. The field of view is definitely smaller that the passenger mirror on my 2019 Gen 5 Ram.
I for one would love to find the "non magnified" mirror that people say they have. I'd buy one immediately.

Porkchopexpress

Reaction score
The clearance on the center console is different on 2022 vs the 20. I went to put it in my organizer and the lid would not close. Not a big deal, cheap part off of amazon but that organizer was nice. Keeps everything separate so you don't have to dig around every time you open the lid.

Brewbud

Brewmeister Meisterbrew
Reaction score
My 2020 Ram mirrors are flat and have a 1:1 image. I would love to find a convex mirror for them. A bit wider FOV would be nice. So many people are used to having convex mirrors on the passenger side it makes them think the newer mirrors are magnified (concaved).

TrunkMonkey

Reaction score
My 22 Tradesman passenger mirror is definitely more magnified than the drivers side. It makes it a little inconvenient when passing cars, but not a huge problem. My brakes also feel a little week. But, I do have the black headliner and trim.

I think the best change from 2021-2022 is the wireless CarPlay. I really like it.

f549fcbe42e4f742ccffb6baa8d1c111.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TrunkMonkey

Reaction score
Love your user name, i always got a good laugh at the suburban auto group commercials

Haha, it’s a nickname I was given at work that kind of stuck. I work in an “environment” where fights break out on a regular basis. For some reason, it seemed like every time a fight broke out for a while, I was nearby and showed up to get “involved” fairly quickly. So, one of my co-workers started calling me the trunk monkey because it was like they pushed a button and I just appeared. But, yes, they were some great commercials.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Truckman

Reaction score
Hope they never change the flat glass to anything other than the flat glass, there is a blind spot to cover other mirror needs.

Users who are viewing this thread