Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 3500 Limited Megacab HO Black Midnight Mild Build

kpecks

Reaction score
I was pretty fortunate to be able to find a limited 3500 SRW megacab HO cummins a few weeks ago. It’s pretty much loaded with everything including rear air suspension but no sunroof. I don’t have much time behind the wheel yet, maybe 75 miles, but I’ve already got the mods started and more on the way. Just here to document, learn from the group and hopefully help a few others along the way.

Already completed:
Ceramic tint all the way around
Husky mud flaps
Red Hound sill scuff guards
Banks pedalmonster
Lock’er Down center console safe
Dee Zee rubber bed mat
3D Maxpider mats
ARE Topper

On the way:
Carli 2.5” front springs - 2” rear
Fox shocks
18” wheels
35” recon grapplers
PPF and ceramic coat

Wish list:
AEV front and rear bumpers w/ winch package
Class A motorhome to tow the Ram or a 5th wheel or travel trailer
Rear seat entertainment for the kids
CJC Baja fog lights

80D98245-C50F-49E6-84F0-6F396BCB19E1.jpeg

Last edited:

Nick

Reaction score
Nice looking ride . The Garage looks good also .

kpecks

Reaction score
Nice looking ride . The Garage looks good also .
Ha i wish that was my garage... that was the dealership before it left. My truck wont be able to fit in my current garage...

Vr6mole

Reaction score
Which 2 inch rear lift are you getting that works with the factory air ride?

kpecks

Reaction score
Which 2 inch rear lift are you getting that works with the factory air ride?
CJC Offroad set me up with the Carli 2.5" front coil kit which comes with 1" block for the rear and then add https://www.cjcoffroad.com/collections/traxda-1 spacers on top of the bags to get the other 1". Traxda does make a 2" spacer as well. This is what i was sold by CJC. They said they run this kit all the time on the 3500s w air suspension and it works great. Fox shocks and carli trac bar too.

Scvette

Reaction score
They said nothing about the rear sensor? Will you have to make that longer?
CJC Offroad set me up with the Carli 2.5" front coil kit which comes with 1" block for the rear and then add https://www.cjcoffroad.com/collections/traxda-1 spacers on top of the bags to get the other 1". Traxda does make a 2" spacer as well. This is what i was sold by CJC. They said they run this kit all the time on the 3500s w air suspension and it works great. Fox shocks and carli trac bar too.

Vr6mole

Reaction score
That is funny but makes me feel better as I’m doing the same but with thuren 1.75 springs. The guy from there I was talking to through Instagram said they advise against it.

Did they mention if the u-bolts would work as is? I’m assuming you got the Carli 1” billet block which is what I ordered separately. I’m worried if there is enough thread for the factory air leaf springs since I think we have 2 less leafs in the pack which equates to roughly half an inch.

Please keep me posted so I can know what I’m getting into!

Vr6mole

Reaction score
They said nothing about the rear sensor? Will you have to make that longer?
I’m under the impression that all things equal you don’t need to mess with the sensor. Unless you want to slightly modify to keep the bag deflated when empty.

kpecks

Reaction score
That is funny but makes me feel better as I’m doing the same but with thuren 1.75 springs. The guy from there I was talking to through Instagram said they advise against it.

Did they mention if the u-bolts would work as is? I’m assuming you got the Carli 1” billet block which is what I ordered separately. I’m worried if there is enough thread for the factory air leaf springs since I think we have 2 less leafs in the pack which equates to roughly half an inch.

Please keep me posted so I can know what I’m getting into!

The traxda blocks come w sensor extensions for the air bags. Also, there is a company that sells adjustable sensor arms so you can adjust when the bags inflate based on your load. I can’t find the link but I’ll update when I do.

Vr6mole

Reaction score

Those, right? I had no idea the traxda included those. Very little detail provided.

Did they mention if the ubolts on the 1 inch block would work as is?

Scvette

Reaction score
I’ll have to check that out, I have traces blocks sitting in my garage waiting for my truck to show up. I’m more nervous about fitting 37s on my Dually with just a 2.5” Carli leveling kit.
The traxda blocks come w sensor extensions for the air bags. Also, there is a company that sells adjustable sensor arms so you can adjust when the bags inflate based on your load. I can’t find the link but I’ll update when I do.

Attachments

• EEFCA090-E887-4D61-8364-0378DCC5888E.jpeg
    EEFCA090-E887-4D61-8364-0378DCC5888E.jpeg
    746.7 KB · Views: 72

kpecks

Reaction score

Those, right? I had no idea the traxda included those. Very little detail provided.

Did they mention if the ubolts on the 1 inch block would work as is?
Those are them but traxda does not include them. Traxda kit includes 1” extensions for the sensors as seen here:

C015C266-C4B6-44DE-8180-648ED3AA12B8.jpeg

New u-bolts are included in the Carli kit.

https://www.cjcoffroad.com/collecti...suspension-2019-ram-3500-fox-2-0-leveling-kit
661DB061-C259-4EB1-A72A-DF4FE7854F98.jpeg

kpecks

Reaction score
I’ll have to check that out, I have traces blocks sitting in my garage waiting for my truck to show up. I’m more nervous about fitting 37s on my Dually with just a 2.5” Carli leveling kit.
What fuel rims are those? I like them. I think I’m going to go w either icon rebound or a fuel wheel in bronze.

Scvette

Reaction score
They are fuel blitz 676 I believe. All black, I didn’t like the ones that have machining on them, I ordered a NE dually in black and want to keep everything black.
What fuel rims are those? I like them. I think I’m going to go w either icon rebound or a fuel wheel in bronze.

Scvette

Reaction score
I don’t want to be a petty person but $144 for those extensions is crazy. I’ll get some all thread and find those ends and make my own for the $10 in material that those are made out of.
Those are them but traxda does not include them. Traxda kit includes 1” extensions for the sensors as seen here:

View attachment 29197

https://www.cjcoffroad.com/collecti...suspension-2019-ram-3500-fox-2-0-leveling-kit
View attachment 29198

Vr6mole

Reaction score

View attachment 29197

View attachment 29198
That picture of the air bag spacers is for a 2500 based on the cjc site. 2500s are air bag only, no leafs so I’m thinking the design will likely be different.

The picture for the 3500 spacer does not show the extensions.

Have you received them yet? Curious what it actually comes with.

And I know the carli 1” block comes with u-bolts but those are for the non-air ride trucks. They have 2 more leafs in the leaf pack so they are going to be 1/2 inch or so thicker than what you have. I’m worried the u-bolts may not fit a factory air ride 3500.

kpecks

Reaction score
I don’t want to be a petty person but $144 for those extensions is crazy. I’ll get some all thread and find those ends and make my own for the $10 in material that those are made out of.

Exactly. Cant be hard to fab up something.

That picture of the air bag spacers is for a 2500 based on the cjc site. 2500s are air bag only, no leafs so I’m thinking the design will likely be different.

The picture for the 3500 spacer does not show the extensions.

Have you received them yet? Curious what it actually comes with.

And I know the carli 1” block comes with u-bolts but those are for the non-air ride trucks. They have 2 more leafs in the leaf pack so they are going to be 1/2 inch or so thicker than what you have. I’m worried the u-bolts may not fit a factory air ride 3500.

Correct. The pics on the website dont show the extensions but CJC did put this whole thing together for me and they said that they are designed for the 3500 airbags and would come w the extensions. As far as the carli kit and ubolts, i wont know till it all shows up but, again, CJC are well regarded and have been doing this a long time so i trust their advice and let them put together the kit for me. Just give them a call and talk directly with them.

kpecks

Reaction score
Well, im pretty sure these Icons and LT295/70R18 E 129/126R Recon Grapplers would be the ideal setup for me. 4000lbs load on both the rim and tire should be plenty for my needs. I would prob get some bronze paint or nail polish and paint over the red in the decals on the truck.

s-l1600.jpg

recon-go-above-and-beyong-tire-horizontal.png

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread