Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 3500 Dually 20" Wheels?

usmc411

Reaction score
Can you put 20 inch wheels on a stock dually without lifting it? I have a 2022 3500 6.7l. I would like to change the wheels to a 20", but I am really not interested in messing with the suspension.

TIA

Billcf7

Reaction score
YES A 245-60R-20 is almost identical to the stock 17"

Drumminguy81

Reaction score
yes there are a ton of aftermarket options. I am running 20x8.3 fuel wheels with 35x12.5x20 mud tires on stock suspension 2020 3500 drw with no rubbing at all. I believe the front wheels are something like +105 offset.

RV_Goose

Reaction score
yes there are a ton of aftermarket options. I am running 20x8.3 fuel wheels with 35x12.5x20 mud tires on stock suspension 2020 3500 drw with no rubbing at all. I believe the front wheels are something like +105 offset.
I'm pretty sure the 17 inch wheels on my 2020 RAM dually truck are all the same.

Drumminguy81

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure the 17 inch wheels on my 2020 RAM dually truck are all the same.
The oem 17's are 17x6" and the fronts and rear outers will be the same specs just flipped in the rear, if you have the polished aluminum wheels only the outer face is polished, so if you flipped and installed the fronts on the rear it wouldn't look good. But possible. The rear inners are black steel. The spare can be run in any position. Aftermarket 20" wheels are not made to be rotated. The fronts are front specific and the rear outers only work as rear outers. If you want to rotate you can only swap side to side in the same position or have the tires pulled from the rims and rotated. This is the case for fuel aftermarket dually wheels, there may be other brands that differ.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Scvette

Reaction score
Just finished installing 20s on my new dually. I also put a Carli 2.5 leveling kit as I wanted larger tires. Little bit of trimming up front so no rubbing. Just got done doing everything late Sunday but here’s a night shot of my Laramie night edition with 80 miles on it.

Attachments

• 0174AB40-D5FB-4650-B490-8E26B0D5EA0B.jpeg
    0174AB40-D5FB-4650-B490-8E26B0D5EA0B.jpeg
    530.3 KB · Views: 115

RV_Goose

Reaction score
The oem 17's are 17x6" and the fronts and rear outers will be the same specs just flipped in the rear, if you have the polished aluminum wheels only the outer face is polished, so if you flipped and installed the fronts on the rear it wouldn't look good. But possible. The rear inners are black steel. The spare can be run in any position. Aftermarket 20" wheels are not made to be rotated. The fronts are front specific and the rear outers only work as rear outers. If you want to rotate you can only swap side to side in the same position or have the tires pulled from the rims and rotated. This is the case for fuel aftermarket dually wheels, there may be other brands that differ.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
My 2020 RAM 3500 Tradesman dually has the steel wheels with the chrome look covers front and rear. Tradesman dually wheel can be rotated and just swap the chrome covers.

Willrandolph77

Reaction score
Just finished installing 20s on my new dually. I also put a Carli 2.5 leveling kit as I wanted larger tires. Little bit of trimming up front so no rubbing. Just got done doing everything late Sunday but here’s a night shot of my Laramie night edition with 80 miles on it.
What are the tire and rim specs? Size, offset, bolt pattern front and rear? I’m looking to do something similar with the carli 3 1/4 lift and 37s but I would like more of the deep lip look on the fronts

Scvette

Reaction score
I don’t want to say the wrong sizes so what I’d do if I were you is get in contact with someone at custom offsets and they’ll set you up how you want. Kinda wish I would of went a little more of a lift, but I do plan on towing a large toy hauler in the near future and was concerned about going higher. Tires are Cooper STT pro 37/12.50/20”
What are the tire and rim specs? Size, offset, bolt pattern front and rear? I’m looking to do something similar with the carli 3 1/4 lift and 37s but I would like more of the deep lip look on the fronts

Willrandolph77

Reaction score
I don’t want to say the wrong sizes so what I’d do if I were you is get in contact with someone at custom offsets and they’ll set you up how you want. Kinda wish I would of went a little more of a lift, but I do plan on towing a large toy hauler in the near future and was concerned about going higher. Tires are Cooper STT pro 37/12.50/20”
I will do that! I actually plan on getting a big toy hauler as well. Your truck looks awesome! Thanks for replying!

Users who are viewing this thread