Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 2500 Ram ticking

Dalluge26

Reaction score
Has anybody had any issues like this? I noticed this noise after my first oil change (7k). Dealership used t5 10w30.
first time I took the truck in regarding the noise, dealership said they could not recreate.
Second time to the dealer, I took the tech on a drive. They said it was the idler pulley and water pump..parts were changed out…surprise! Tick is still there.
Now we are at the dealer for the third time. Tech said noise is coming from inside the engine, he suspects lifters and camshaft. Dealership reached out to Chrysler, they gave the okay to tear into the engine. Cummins is now involved with this warranty issue.
Dropping this truck off this Tuesday.
Currently sitting at 25k miles, all oil changes and services are up to date.

RamCares

RamCares Team
Reaction score
Has anybody had any issues like this? I noticed this noise after my first oil change (7k). Dealership used t5 10w30.
first time I took the truck in regarding the noise, dealership said they could not recreate.
Second time to the dealer, I took the tech on a drive. They said it was the idler pulley and water pump..parts were changed out…surprise! Tick is still there.
Now we are at the dealer for the third time. Tech said noise is coming from inside the engine, he suspects lifters and camshaft. Dealership reached out to Chrysler, they gave the okay to tear into the engine. Cummins is now involved with this warranty issue.
Hi @Dalluge26,

We would like to help. Please send our team a private message with your VIN so we can add an extra layer of assistance alongside the dealership. Thank you.

Blair
Ram Cares

Dalluge26

Reaction score
Was there any update on this?

My 2022 makes the exact noise.
Waiting on parts for new tappets and camshaft.

Truck has been in the shop for 5 weeks at this point. The parts are available,however, getting them shipped out to Hawaii with the UAW strike has been problematic.

We’re getting close.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Cummins will NEVER be involved with the warranty. Ram buys the engines without warranty from Cummins

Dalluge26

Reaction score
Update:

Just picked up my truck a few days ago with the new rappers and camshaft.

Noise is gone.

Cummins will NEVER be involved with the warranty. Ram buys the engines without warranty from Cummins
thanks for sharing that.

Ostracize

Reaction score
Update:

Just picked up my truck a few days ago with the new rappers and camshaft.

Noise is gone.

thanks for sharing that.
Do you know if they changed all the lifters or just the faulty 1 or 2? Any pushrod wear? Mine has developed a tick (lighter than your video but definitely lifter) soo any other context you can share is much appreciated.
My dealer is awaiting parts then she's in for repair.

Dalluge26

Reaction score
Attached is Description of service.
They replaced all tappets, 12 total I believe.

Attachments

• IMG_1422.jpeg
    IMG_1422.jpeg
    600.9 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_1424.jpeg
    IMG_1424.jpeg
    432.5 KB · Views: 34

flan

Reaction score
They tick a bit after a oil change, should go away after about 500 miles

Dalluge26

Reaction score
They tick a bit after a oil change, should go away after about 500 miles
I’ve already had the lifters and camshaft replaced in this truck at 27k miles. Unfortunately this is what it sounded like when it started.

Users who are viewing this thread