Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 2500 Laramie build - but not sure about Blind Spot Monitoring/Trailer Length features

jeffjcalweb

Reaction score
Hi - I am having some difficulty getting a clear answer on my factory order w/regards to "BSM/Trailer Length/Merge" feature. My order is for a '22 with Laramie Group A, Tow Technology Package, and Safety Group.

The Ram "Build and Price" website is constantly changing - for example as of yesterday it wasn't even showing the Tow Tech package or Laramie Group A package, which is why I'm having a problem actually validating if the BSM features are going to be part of my build.

I have seen some threads (older) say these features were dropped from all Laramie trims, regardless of what packages/options were added, that BSM was only available on Limited trim trucks.

Can someone who knows 100% if this is true please reply? I would really hate to have put in a factory order, waited 4 months, only to find out what I expected to part of those packages, wasn't actually on the truck.

Thank you!

franko

Reaction score
Hi - I am having some difficulty getting a clear answer on my factory order w/regards to "BSM/Trailer Length/Merge" feature. My order is for a '22 with Laramie Group A, Tow Technology Package, and Safety Group.

The Ram "Build and Price" website is constantly changing - for example as of yesterday it wasn't even showing the Tow Tech package or Laramie Group A package, which is why I'm having a problem actually validating if the BSM features are going to be part of my build.

I have seen some threads (older) say these features were dropped from all Laramie trims, regardless of what packages/options were added, that BSM was only available on Limited trim trucks.

Can someone who knows 100% if this is true please reply? I would really hate to have put in a factory order, waited 4 months, only to find out what I expected to part of those packages, wasn't actually on the truck.

Thank you!
Talk to the dealer you are ordering from. They can tell you exactly what packages are available and what features they include.
The build website has not been accurate for several months. Everything keeps changing and what can be ordered today might not be available next week.

jeffjcalweb

Reaction score
I did ask - and waited - and finally got an answer, very frustrating. So the answer is "no" ... in 2021, the "tow technology package" specifically included BSM/trailer length - regardless of trim level. When my factory order was placed earlier this month, the answer I got today from Granger - "BSM was not available when we placed your order". So a new 2022 factory order, with the same package, will not have what is included on a used 2021 with the same tow technology package. That makes absolutely no sense as a consumer to buy now. Screw this entire cluster f of a global mess that has been created.

Bighoof

Reaction score
They switched for 2022 to the BSM being a separate option due to ongoing shortages. It was available in December when I was pricing but then was unavailable again in January when ready to order. Same with the Night Edition. I'm with you, tired of this stupid BS mess.

jeffjcalweb

Reaction score
Yea - I cancelled my order. The frustration between the Ram build and price website on almost a daily basis changing and not getting specific answers about my order, I'll just wait or keep my eyes out on a 2021 model.

Users who are viewing this thread